Hutch is playing with maturity; could he be Bruce’s beast

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Hutch seems to be less reckless but more effective since his return to the side - I have ceased taking a sharp intake of breath whenever I see him charging towards a player. 

Bruce likes a midfield beast; could Hutch be that beast? I hope so. 

Think he's done really well last few weeks. More team playing less narcissistic flying in at every opportunity . 

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We all know how good Hutch is , the problem is keeping him fit. 

If he dosent over do it, or go gung ho reckless, hell be fit more often?? 

Maybe it's sunk in to the lad hopefully. He's very good at what he does, but the really impressive defencive midfielders dont hurtle around the pitch at 100mph and clatter people, they're like silent assassins, they keep position, watch, guage the situation at hand and pick their timing to break things up, hutch has the awareness to do this, just needs to cut out the reckless and if he's doing that were on to a winner. 

9 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

He was enjoying being back in his favoured defensive mid role after Jos inexplicably played him as a false 9 in the reverse fixture. :duntmatter:

It was inside right wasn't it. Proper throwback.

11 hours ago, shandypants said:

Hutch seems to be less reckless but more effective since his return to the side - I have ceased taking a sharp intake of breath whenever I see him charging towards a player. 

Outstanding player but can he stay fit.

11 hours ago, Blatter said:

I though one or two Wigan players deliberately left a boot in on Hutch in the early stages.

Probably getting their revenge in first to provoke hom

One or two around me in the North today were yelling for him to exact a bit of revenge himself.

Commendably he stayed calm throughout and played all the better for it.

Surprised how dirty Wigan were, one of their forwards blatantly kicked Lees after the ball at one point.

12 hours ago, shandypants said:

Beast though !      I mean ......Beast??

Why has this word started appearing?

Beast ????

Hutch's disciplinary record has always been a bit of a mystery to me.

When he's played at centre back he's had great positional discipline and rarely dived in or got booked.  But when he's played in midfield he's like a mad man possessed.  So why can't he just combine this and play as a disciplined defensive midfielder without all the diving in?  I think it has to be in part down to manager instructions and CC indulged him and never criticised him for the way he dived into things.

A manager who gives him strict instructions could really get the best out of him in the DM role. 

I voted Hutch motm yesterday, not because he was better than Fletcher, he wasn't, but I really appreciating the way he's playing since he came back into the team.

He seems to have reinvented himself, whether it's through maturity, the disappointed of being dropped, instructions or just trying to keep Pelupessy out of the team, it's all good for us and him.

Well done Hutch!