Matias

7 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

You just don't see what your doing.

Think before starting threads, players probably read these forums. He's contributing, we wouldn't have won without him.

No need for the abuse in your opening post. (players like Abdi deserve it mind)

Abuse? Get a grip fgs. 

How you know we wouldn’t have won without him. What a stupid comment. 

But it’s ok to abuse Abdi then. 

Oh jeez 

Edited by ozzieowl

11 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

This is a forum guys. A place to discuss footballing matters.

pay good money to watch our team play. Have every right to discuss each n every one of them if want to. 

There no scapegoat or comparing to Fox so chill ya beans. 

Mearly a view on how he played today. Plus think it’s generally how much he offers most games. 

Prob count on one hand how many great games  he’s had in all time he’s been here. 

For me he’s one of those players u like and want to do great but doesn’t.  

Thank you for explaining what a forum is.

But I fully understand the concept.

Hence I asked a question and didn't do what many people do.

And state.

"Matias is the new Fox" fact.

End of thread.

So I feel sir.

It is you who should "chill ya beans".

FFS.

With the 11 that started I would have switched Matias and Reach positions.

Reach is rubbish in the central second striker role and a lot better out wide 

Matias is a decent finisher and makes good runs off the ball . However it is a hell of an ask to be helping Palmer and then supporting Fletcher. Play him in the middle and he will give Fletcher more support.

He was poor at Hull and yesterday so might struggle to get in starting 11 now. 

17 hours ago, briggowl said:

He definitely needed to come off. Joao transformed the match, even for the goal, Joao was on the front line, defenders worried about him too much and didn't go to challenge Flectch. We looked so much more threatening with him on. If Joao was more consistent we'd have a right player.

Mattias, done very little for 4 seasons, it's a big no from me.

bruce and his team 'will make' consistency come, or else, and that's true for quite a few players.

4 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

Thank you for explaining what a forum is.

But I fully understand the concept.

Hence I asked a question and didn't do what many people do.

And state.

"Matias is the new Fox" fact.

End of thread.

So I feel sir.

It is you who should "chill ya beans".

FFS.

Lol omg

• Like 1

Matias doesn't fit in the team and never has. His best position is almost certainly on the right of the front line of a 4-3-3, a shape we never really play.

In general he doesn't offer enough to be considered for a new contract, he's OK at pressing and scores a few goals but doesn't link in with the rest of the team well enough, the Hull game being a prime example. Add that to the obvious drawback that he's injured a lot.

I can't fault Matias for effort...He tracks back, he tackles...He makes runs...but its sorta haphazard...theres no real structure to it...its a lot of wasted...I dunno what.

I am loathe to slate him, cos you can see the effort..but loads of it is in the wrong place....Its misplaced enthusiasm rather than intelligent decision making.....

Nice teeth tho

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I can't fault Matias for effort...He tracks back, he tackles...He makes runs...but its sorta haphazard...theres no real structure to it...its a lot of wasted...I dunno what.

I am loathe to slate him, cos you can see the effort..but loads of it is in the wrong place....Its misplaced enthusiasm rather than intelligent decision making.....

Nice teeth tho

Should concentrate on attacking than messing about at the back.

Your right about the teeth

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Nice teeth tho

Makes Donny Osmond look like Shane McGowan.

I'm not a Matias fan. As I've pointed out before he is almost always the player in our starting line up who makes the fewest touches; this was the case again yesterday; when Joao replaced him after 60 mins he made as many touches in 30 mins as Matias had in 60. This is why fans often say he doesn't seem to have an impact on the game. (Incidentally, I don't know how he manages so few touches because he certainly isn't lazy - he must just have a knack of running where the ball can't reach him). Also Matias had a pass success of 64%; Joao's was 92%. So many of our attacks seemed to break down when they reached Matias. This wasn't a one-off bad game - I don't see every game but I do see plenty and I've yet to see him have a game where I'd give more than 7 out of 10 - usually I'd give him a 5 or 6.

BUT I can see why Matias is seen to have a key role in the team. Under Jos our biggest problem was the lack of cover given to our back 4 who were exposed again and again. The conundrum is to give the full backs the cover they need and still provide support to Fletcher. The solution that we've been using is to use two players, Boyd and Matias, who have the energy and pace to dash back when we need cover and forward again when we attack. If we replaced Matias (or Boyd who was getting some right stick from a bloke behind me yesterday) with Joao or Forestieri or Winnall we'd have to reorganise the team to give cover to the backs because none of those players have the energy or willingness to cover the full-backs. All 3 of those are much better players when they get the ball but we'd lose our current shape and solidity if we picked any of them over Matias (or Boyd).

19 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I'm not a Matias fan. As I've pointed out before he is almost always the player in our starting line up who makes the fewest touches; this was the case again yesterday; when Joao replaced him after 60 mins he made as many touches in 30 mins as Matias had in 60. This is why fans often say he doesn't seem to have an impact on the game. (Incidentally, I don't know how he manages so few touches because he certainly isn't lazy - he must just have a knack of running where the ball can't reach him). Also Matias had a pass success of 64%; Joao's was 92%. So many of our attacks seemed to break down when they reached Matias. This wasn't a one-off bad game - I don't see every game but I do see plenty and I've yet to see him have a game where I'd give more than 7 out of 10 - usually I'd give him a 5 or 6.

BUT I can see why Matias is seen to have a key role in the team. Under Jos our biggest problem was the lack of cover given to our back 4 who were exposed again and again. The conundrum is to give the full backs the cover they need and still provide support to Fletcher. The solution that we've been using is to use two players, Boyd and Matias, who have the energy and pace to dash back when we need cover and forward again when we attack. If we replaced Matias (or Boyd who was getting some right stick from a bloke behind me yesterday) with Joao or Forestieri or Winnall we'd have to reorganise the team to give cover to the backs because none of those players have the energy or willingness to cover the full-backs. All 3 of those are much better players when they get the ball but we'd lose our current shape and solidity if we picked any of them over Matias (or Boyd).

reach should have been on that flank, boyd on the other in a 442.