Matias

Wasnt Matias a forward when we signed him? Sure he played up front with Joao at the club we signed them both from. Being asked to play more like a winger in this set up, with having to protect the full back. While he may not have played well lately, pretty sure hes not playing in his natural position. Worth a thought when considering his performances. 

26 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Fortunately Matias' taste in fluorescent accessories is limited to the whitest of whites  lol

He's been pretty decent this season to be fair and his defensive work rate has been vital at times.

Haha talk about bleaching !!  He needs a run in the team which he’s getting then a proper opinion of his worth in the side can be made .

Matias had one of the worst games I’ve seen for a long time but He’s also been one of the best players in the last five league games for us so I can forgive him for having a off day I think all the players do it sometime Or another

Plus you’ve got to remember he’s been a long time out with Injury which doesn’t help the matter still getting as much fitness back

Edited by Owlsend

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Knew today's bitter scapegoat thread was looming.

He worked hard, got himself into good positions but his end product evaded him today. He's better normally. 

I kept thinking. No matter how bad Matias end product was, atleast he's getting into dangerous postions and offering more than Boyd. 

But Boyd did improve as the game went on, Matias will be better. Nice to see him on press duty too, he is trying for a new contract. Clear and nice to see.

But he didn't work very hard and didn't get himself into good positions apart from that your post is totally factual. 

2 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

Is Matias the new Fox?

FFS.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Knew today's bitter scapegoat thread was looming.

He worked hard, got himself into good positions but his end product evaded him today. He's better normally. 

I kept thinking. No matter how bad Matias end product was, atleast he's getting into dangerous postions and offering more than Boyd. 

But Boyd did improve as the game went on, Matias will be better. Nice to see him on press duty too, he is trying for a new contract. Clear and nice to see.

This is a forum guys. A place to discuss footballing matters.

pay good money to watch our team play. Have every right to discuss each n every one of them if want to. 

There no scapegoat or comparing to Fox so chill ya beans. 

Mearly a view on how he played today. Plus think it’s generally how much he offers most games. 

Prob count on one hand how many great games  he’s had in all time he’s been here. 

For me he’s one of those players u like and want to do great but doesn’t.  

He's played quite well recently. I think the formation didn't suit him.  If I'm right in thinking he played in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1. He's suited to playing alongside a target man in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 or even in a front 3 of a 4-3-3.

He has pace, doesn't nesh a tackle and tracks back.  I like him but perhaps not everyone appreciates him.  He's more of a threat than Boyd and a better finisher. Boyd worked hard in midfield but wasn't effective in final third. 

2 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

This is a forum guys. A place to discuss footballing matters.

pay good money to watch our team play. Have every right to discuss each n every one of them if want to. 

There no scapegoat or comparing to Fox so chill ya beans. 

Mearly a view on how he played today. Plus think it’s generally how much he offers most games. 

Prob count on one hand how many great games  he’s had in all time he’s been here. 

For me he’s one of those players u like and want to do great but doesn’t.  

You just don't see what your doing.

Think before starting threads, players probably read these forums. He's contributing, we wouldn't have won without him.

No need for the abuse in your opening post. (players like Abdi deserve it mind)