Matias

He definitely needed to come off. Joao transformed the match, even for the goal, Joao was on the front line, defenders worried about him too much and didn't go to challenge Flectch. We looked so much more threatening with him on. If Joao was more consistent we'd have a right player.

Mattias, done very little for 4 seasons, it's a big no from me.

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Knew today's bitter scapegoat thread was looming.

He worked hard, got himself into good positions but his end product evaded him today. He's better normally. 

I kept thinking. No matter how bad Matias end product was, atleast he's getting into dangerous postions and offering more than Boyd. 

But Boyd did improve as the game went on, Matias will be better. Nice to see him on press duty too, he is trying for a new contract. Clear and nice to see.

I think he's average at best. And if he's "trying" for a new contract, he's been short changing  us for a good while. 

9 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

He was poor today.

Dont get the short sleeves and gloves combo either.

Would it make you feel better if he didn’t wear gloves ? He’s not the only one , I’m not keen on the  poncy fluorescent green boots Fletch wears but didn’t give two hoots when he buried his shot into the net .

Hardly ever seems to stick with him, hopefully just a bad run of form - he does give us much-needed energy, but he needs to play more cleverly, too much of his effort is meaningless bluster at the minute. Squandering far too many of the (admittedly praiseworthy) yards he runs.

Don’t like the 4-5-1/4-3-3 in possession formation. If we revert to a 4-4-2 Matias would be the 1st player to make way for the other striker. 

Funnily enough I thought we looked loads better when we went to 4-4-2 today. Wigan’s centre half’s were as poor as anything you will see all season. We should have won by 4 or 5. 

That’s football as they say 

25 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Would it make you feel better if he didn’t wear gloves ? He’s not the only one , I’m not keen on the  poncy fluorescent green boots Fletch wears but didn’t give two hoots when he buried his shot into the net .

Fortunately Matias' taste in fluorescent accessories is limited to the whitest of whites  lol

He's been pretty decent this season to be fair and his defensive work rate has been vital at times.