credit where it's due.

24 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

No same game I just appreciate that Palmer had a solid game and you dont , makes me laugh when people praise a player and in the same sentence slag one off , especially after a good win . 

Palmer did well yesterday as he has most games since his re selection , yes his crossing is not the best but that is improving also 

it must have been ******* bad at some point for it to be worse than yesterday, the close in chance he had in front of the leppings lane end resulted in a shocking cross from about 15 yards, when it just wanted hammering in low.

palmer hasn't to convince me, or even reassure you, he has to win bruce over, he may or may not do that, time will tell.

3 hours ago, dnhc said:

it must have been ******* bad at some point for it to be worse than yesterday, the close in chance he had in front of the leppings lane end resulted in a shocking cross from about 15 yards, when it just wanted hammering in low.

palmer hasn't to convince me, or even reassure you, he has to win bruce over, he may or may not do that, time will tell.

Who is the best right back at the club at the moment ?

3 hours ago, hugeowl said:

No same game I just appreciate that Palmer had a solid game and you dont , makes me laugh when people praise a player and in the same sentence slag one off , especially after a good win . 

Palmer did well yesterday as he has most games since his re selection , yes his crossing is not the best but that is improving also 

Yes, Palmer had a decent enough game yesterday. I'd actually say he had a good game if it wasn't for two glaring errors in the first half

1) when we lost the ball near the half way line and their wide player burst free down his flank. At the breakdown of our move, Palmer was practically next to him but as he ran away Palmer just stood still and let him go. Aaaargh. Why does he do that???

2) THAT cross when he reached the by-line with all the time in the world and floated a delicate dink into the keeper's arms. Once again his crossing let him down.

If it wasn't for those two often repeated elements of his play Palmer would be a pretty decent player. He certainly did lots of positive things. Crikey at one point I thought he was going to be put through on goal in the centre-forward position. Going on his previous attempts at goal, it's perhaps as well the pass never reached him. 

Until we can afford to bring in someone better, we need to stick with Palmer because he's a far better player than Ash Baker.

Oh and credit to Fox for winning over many of his critics, including me. He's been sound in recent games and he knocks in far better crosses than Palmer.

22 hours ago, Lee A said:

When you're popular at Wednesday, it doesn't matter what you do in the eyes of certain fans.  Reach does absolutely nothing but because the fans like him, it's never mentioned. 

On the other side of it, Fox has been a contender for man of the match in most games since the start of December, but he's unpopular so some refuse to give him any credit. 

Sad.

I rate Reach highly but he's in a dogger run ATM..same goes for Fox but in reverse... people need to stop taking irreversible positions on players... they all go up and down.

23 hours ago, hugeowl said:

The Palmer haters are a dedicated bunch I'll give them that. 

Dissaponting post from the op to use positivity to conceal more Palmer bashing. 

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The Palmer haters are a dedicated bunch I'll give them that. 

Dissaponting post from the op to use positivity to conceal more Palmer bashing. 

i'm not a 'palmer hater', nor know any.

in just about every game he shows indecisiveness, or drops a ball or two, his final ball is more often than not very poor, he maybe fortunate that bruce will have little enough money the spend as r/f/b won't be a priority, but he isn't what I expect to see at r/f/b in a side seriously pushing for promotion.

solid in the tackle, having pace, not error ridden, can cross a ball, it's not an everlasting list for a decent r/b.

12 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i'm not a 'palmer hater', nor know any.

in just about every game he shows indecisiveness, or drops a ball or two, his final ball is more often than not very poor, he maybe fortunate that bruce will have little enough money the spend as r/f/b won't be a priority, but he isn't what I expect to see at r/f/b in a side seriously pushing for promotion.

solid in the tackle, having pace, not error ridden, can cross a ball, it's not an everlasting list for a decent r/b

To say he is 'very poor more often than not' is just not true (imo) , and it differs so much from how I see him it's futile for us to debate it. 

With regards to being good enough for an auto push then it depends how we play. If Bruce wants flying full backs then he needs to get a new one. If he wants an orthodox RB then Palmer is just fine. 

Just now, Beholder said:

To say he is 'very poor more often than not' is just not true (imo) , and it differs so much from how I see him it's futile for us to debate it. 

With regards to being good enough for an auto push then it depends how we play. If Bruce wants flying full backs then he needs to get a new one. If he wants an orthodox RB then Palmer is just fine. 

as you say 'we disagree', palmer is hardly good enough (at present) for a side in mid lower half, as he struggled on Saturday, and crosses a ball like he has a dead leg, either childishly soft, or leathered 15/20 yards too far.

he doesn't look solid, he doesn't look stable, and is wasteful on the ball.

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I put 'his final ball is more often than not very poor'.

5 minutes ago, dnhc said:

I put 'his final ball is more often than not very poor'.

OK I misquoted, my bad. 

I dont think he is great in the final third either. 

Although there is always a willingness to provide an option. 

But I think the kind of fullback you want is a bit more rare in the championship. 

Hunt, for example, was no better. 

Baker, isn't as good. 

He's experienced and in a conventional back 4 he's fine.

We should be offering him a new contract. 

18 minutes ago, Beholder said:

OK I misquoted, my bad. 

I dont think he is great in the final third either. 

Although there is always a willingness to provide an option. 

But I think the kind of fullback you want is a bit more rare in the championship. 

Hunt, for example, was no better. 

Baker, isn't as good. 

He's experienced and in a conventional back 4 he's fine.

We should be offering him a new contract. 

hunt was better (slightly), buxton was better (by far), and we won't offer him a new contract unless he improves, and he won't as his shortfall isn't effort, it's ability, and at his age he's unlikely to improve that in the short time he has to impress.