• BANNAN
    • FLETCHER
    • REACH
    • MATIAS
    • JOAO
    • NUHIU

Just finished watching it courtesy of @uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁  thanks mate 

Fletcher brilliant and shout out to fox who had a good game 

Wigan tbh terrible we really need to make earlier substitutions  and put teams like this to bed instead of giving the ref chance to even it up  joao  really should have been on earlier for matias 

why is it we almost everytime we are 1-0 up have to finish in another time zone?

I've not been Fletcher's biggest fan since he's been here

I expect much more from someone of his pedigree

But today I was delighted for him, that's more like it, he was awesome

Man of the match by a mile = Fletcher

Big shouts too to

Fox = Solid performance keeping the boo boys at bay

Boyd = Worked his socks off, unlucky with a couple of chances

Bannan = Some lovely touches in the second half

• Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood 7 so assured 

Palmer 6

Lees 7

Hector 8 the guy is immense 

Fox 8 wow, what’s he done with the real Morgan Fox?

Hutchinson 8 to think we’ve been weeing around with Joey all season 

Bannan 7

Reach 6 take the money

Boyd 6

Matias 6

Fletcher 8

Joao 8

Nuhiu 7

Thought wewere excellent second half but we need to start putting teams to bed. Can’t keep getting 1 nils!

5 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Snoots mate...

any chance in the future we can include the ref in these threads...This one toaday baffled me a couple of times...not the worst this season, but just the odd instance...like the one where Boyd was kicked twice, gang raped once...and a foul was awarded to the rapist

The one in front of the Noryh Stand.

for me he was obstructing the ball, making no effort to get up or play it.....thoightbthe ref called it right

5 hours ago, Lee A said:

Fletcher definitely.

Hutchinson, Fox and Boyd very good too, shame Boyd's legs are going because he still busts a lung for 90 minutes, cracking work rate.

?????

Make you mind up. lol

• Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl

Fletcher- 9 man of match by a mile

Matias - 5 poor game

Westwood- 6 nothing to do

Subs-6

Rest - 7

Special mention to Tom Lees after recent stick he's received and another clean sheet. 

Westwood   -   6   Little to do

Palmer   -   6   usual stuff, defended pretty decently , wasteful in possession

Lees   -   7   Better than of late

Hector   -   8   Very impressive

Fox   -   6   Did Ok, no drama`s , put a couple of decent crosses in

Hutchinson   -   7   Those who backed Jos can dance around it all they want, but the simple fact of the matter is we look a much better side when he plays

Bannan   -   7   Improvement on recent displays , full of energy and some nice one touch stuff.

Reach   -   4   Really poor

Matias   -   3   Awful I`m afraid, if he is playing for a new contract then he is hiding it well

Fletcher   -   9   Outstanding....has he played better for us ?.....worked his nads off and a brilliant goal

Boyd   -   6   Poor first half, improved second

Joao   -   7   came on and gave us impetus

Nuhiu   -   7   Should have been Winnall for me but fair play he actually made a difference on this occasion

OVERRAL

Desperate first half , much better second half once we stopped just hoofing it up to Fletcher`s head.

Edited by sheriwozgod

15 hours ago, bradowl said:

First half atmosphere was poor but I thought it was not bad second half. 

Wigan is just about least attractive game of season and for there fans to slag us off, they fetched a couple of bus loads and didn't hear em once. 

They should stick to egg chasing. 

Had to smile when a packed mini bus pulled up on Leppings Lane alongside the two official coaches. 

Out piled 10 or 12 Wigan fans, beer cans in hand already singing your support is poo . 

Am I right in thinking that 13 of those 15 were Carloses team? Would have maybe been more if Hooper Forestieri and Lee were fit.  

Shows he was right to stick with experience. 

Pelupessey Baker Thorniley Dawson Penney etc will hopefully turn into good players but they aren't currently Championship standard.  I also think we could have got another year at least out of Wallace.  

Anyway well done Wednesday.  Not the best we've ever played but I don't remember Wigan having a serious shot on goal.  3 clean sheets in the last 4 games.  

Westwood - 6

Palmer - 7 By and large, a good game. People are being over critical now that Fox is getting some positivity.

Lees - 6

Hector - 6 That back pass. Learning from the worst of Lees. 

Fox - 8 Not sure whether their wide right was shockingly poor or whether Fox was superb. Most comfortable game he's had for Wednesday.

Matias - 5

Bannan -6

Hutch - 7

Boyd - 7

Reach - 6

Fletcher - 9 outstanding. Best yet for Wednesday.

Joao - 7

Nuhiu - 7

• Thanks 1

Bit late, but here goes...

Westwood - 6 - Yet another game where he's had nothing to do. But, another clean sheet. 

Palmer - 6 - There was a lot more urgency from Palmer on Saturday, which is refreshing.Defended comfortably throughout, but his ability in the final third is so frustrating. Zero composure when in good positions. 

Lees - 7 - Thought he lead the back four very well. Dominant albeit, very comfortable display.

Hector - 6 - Maybe slightly harsh mark, but despite Wigan posing no threat, I thought Hector struggled physically and aerially against Garner. 

Fox - 7 - Another steady display. Starting to produce some consistent defensive displays, and his deliveries and final ball in the box should be producing more of a goal threat. 

Hutchinson - 7 - Steady, unassuming, much calmer performance...and it's brilliant to see. Seems he's dropped the liability traits. No longer charging about, jumping into challenges...just reading the game and competing. Ideal for that screening role. 

Bannan - 7 - A standard, good Bannan display. Everything goes through him, and he just keeps things moving. Few ambitous long balls, and far more quick decisive one touch interplays. 

Reach - 6 - Just seemed a little off the pace for much of the game. 

Matias - 5 - Struggled to have any real impact on the game, and could have no complaints when replaced. 

Boyd - 6 - Up until Joao's introduction, he was as poor as Matias, and could've easily been subbed. But his energy levels showed late on, when he became a constant threat with his runs in behind. 

Fletcher - 9- MOTM - A superb lone striker's performance. It was clear from the first 5 minutes that he had the better of both Kipre and Dunkley, and he seemed to thrive with that confidence. Much deserved goal, and hopefully a sign of things to come. 

Joao - 8 - Real positive impact, and his introduction changed the course of the game. Prior to Joao coming on, the game was drifting along and we seemed content with controlling the game without forcing the issue. Joao's directness and unpredictability changed that completely, and we really put Wigan to the sword. 

Nuhiu - 7 - Fine replacement for Fletcher. Did everything you'd want from him when brought on as a late sub. 

Overall ... it was a steady performance on the whole, brought to life by Joao's arrival. Felt we were playing within ourselves for too long, happy to control the game but unwilling to turn the screw. The change to 4-4-2 instigated the change in urgency, and in the end, we should've won by a much bigger margin. Wigan are poor, but we've got a run of games against teams of similar standing...we need to show that ruthlessness far more often against the likes of Ipswich, Reading, Rotherham etc etc. 

Edited by frastheowl
  • Like 1