2 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

Contrary to what some people think, I believe we have a very good squad.

However (for a variety of reasons.. maybe going back to CC) they are a squad of under performing demotivated or injured players. 

As soon as any kind of normality appears (Feb 1st?)  at our club, the majority of players will begin to thrive ... (players, generally welcome discipline And continuity) .. and their market value will soar! 

...and that’s the reality of the situation!

I agree with the demotivated. 

Apart from that it lacks  pace, strength, depth in key areas,  creativity, leaders and its full of crocks. 

Apart from the above its a good squad.

2 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

spot on,never in a million years would you get 15 mill

Not a prayer. Play him in his natural position and see what he can do you never know. But currently not worth that much. Maddison from Norwich went for 15 I think. He is a fantastic player and has made the England squad. Can anyone hand on heart say they can see Reach doing that? 

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Unless we're signing players from abroad we're not yet allowed to talk to players whose contracts are expiring in the summer, I think it's only permitted a month before they expire. If moving to another country players can agree the contract six months in advance like Ramsey is doing with Juventus. 

Ok, we can we at least have a plan with targets lined up to talk to. Nothing stopping us talking to players abroad either.

1 hour ago, Neon Nick said:

That's the thing, take our 6 most valuable (to us) Players, who's interested and at what prices? I'd be interested to know your thoughts, our 6 best, at what prices, and to whom?  Not that it would clear the FFP bill, but rather just to hear your thoughts.

Reach, FF, Bannan, Joao and then it’s really hard to find a further two players that are valuable to us and would be valuable to someone else (although I’ve probably forgotten someone).

Hutch is valuable to us when fit but his fitness means not to someone else, Lees is valuable to us when on form but that diminishing form means he’s not valuable to someone else (enough to solve our FFP problems). Hooper... knocking on and injured, Lee... injured, Fletcher... big contract, injury prone and knocking on.

All good players and worth a lot to us if available and as part of a balanced squad but no interest to anyone else at a price that could help us.

He should have sold players in the past and he needs to sell players now I’m just not sure we have them to sell.

So to try and answer. Reach, £15m is fanciful. I don’t know, £7m sounds more realistic but then it would either have to be a prem club or a champ club throwing the dice for promotion, but is he really a get you over the line to the prem type player.

Bannan, he’s quality but he’s 29. £5m if lucky, I dunno.

FF, well he’s worth a fortune if fit and firing but he’s neither right now. £3m but much more in the summer if he has a good few months (which I actually think he might to be honest). Not much use now.

Joao, thinking about it he seems the most saleable really but it never gets mentioned as a solution. I’m a fairly big critic but he scores the goals and people pay for that. Still just 5 or 6m though.

I don’t know. I’ve tried to answer your question but I’m not very good at valuations. I just think our stars are not that coveted, our youngsters are not that promising and the rest are either old, injured or a bit crap.

Happy New Year

:biggrin:

Ps what do you reckon?

• Agree 1

That’s the problem with being under an embargo too. If all you can get in are loans then you never accumulate assets that will help you financially.

Hector and Onomah. Worth a lot but not to us.

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

It doesnt fix the gap we have now. Merely takes then off the wage bill. We have to sell or have sanctions, its that simple

And also if we just simply release the 12-out of contract players in June and then find ourselves in a hard embargo we are really screwed because our squad will barely be 15 strong and we can't add bodies to it

I'm with you all the way on your posts Billy Black. But I don't think that there are many on here like you that see the criticality of our situation.

8 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

And also if we just simply release the 12-out of contract players in June and then find ourselves in a hard embargo we are really screwed because our squad will barely be 15 strong and we can't add bodies to it

I'm with you all the way on your posts Billy Black. But I don't think that there are many on here like you that see the criticality of our situation.

I dont like the situation and cant believe the chairman backed us into this corner, verry narrow minded and stupid. Wish we werent here but just saying it as it appears to me. Two hard years ahead in my view.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

39 million in revenue across 3 years?  That's what they want?  Whence this revenue, ticket-sales, support gear, advertising?  I cannot believe that SWFC can't generate 13 million a year, across a lousy 3 years.  150 years old and still counting, 3 years ain't poo, and by todays Football standards, neither is 40 million.  The problem seems to be in "accounting", not actual Football.

I don't want to appear too harsh on you but you actually thought we had to generate revenue of £39m over a three year period in order to avoid a transfer embargo!  How did you think smaller, less well supported clubs would be able to manage this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not a prayer. Play him in his natural position and see what he can do you never know. But currently not worth that much. Maddison from Norwich went for 15 I think. He is a fantastic player and has made the England squad. Can anyone hand on heart say they can see Reach doing that? 

Yeah.

3 hours ago, LittleG said:

I don't want to appear too harsh on you but you actually thought we had to generate revenue of £39m over a three year period in order to avoid a transfer embargo!  How did you think smaller, less well supported clubs would be able to manage this?

Not harsh at all...I'm not fully aware of all the financial details, yes, I do wonder how the smaller Clubs manage to survive the politics of Football.  I like the structure of English Football, but the politics are insane, no other word for it.  

So glad for the win today though, and thank you for your comment.

Just now, Neon Nick said:

Not harsh at all...I'm not fully aware of all the financial details, yes, I do wonder how the smaller Clubs manage to survive the politics of Football.  I like the structure of English Football, but the politics are insane, no other word for it.  

So glad for the win today though, and thank you for your comment.

No problem. You say you like the structure of English football; what football are you usually involved in and normally watch? What's your affinity to the Owls? 

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

No problem. You say you like the structure of English football; what football are you usually involved in and normally watch? What's your affinity to the Owls? 

I watch English football, the NFL has been impossible to watch for a good 30 years now.  In 1970 quite a number of English doctor's (MD's) moved into our neighborhood.  Our most immediate neighbor was a surgeon, as was Dad, and our families became good friends.  Dr. Packingham was a sports fan, so was Dad, he always called himself a "Yorkshire Man" and was all SWFC.  Our family went several times to England with his, in the early 70's, including to Hillsborough, but I was a teenager, more interested in the English girls, than some silly football match.  Since then, I've always kept an eye on SWFC, and today it's possible to actually support SWFC, overseas.

• Like 1