A12owl

Michael Hector unavailable for Chelsea game. I know everybody knows but....

Shame SB isn't here already as he wouldn't have been aware he was unavailable and probably selected him to play anyway...

47 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Shame SB isn't here already as he wouldn't have been aware he was unavailable and probably selected him to play anyway...

He'd have played him with a remit to mark Drogba out of the game :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

It gives Thorniley a chance to impress.

I see no issue here.

Lees and Thorniley in defense, Hutchinson as captain in central midfield against the club he wanted to play for, playing with the team he now loves against his former favourites.

It's written in the stars - PLUS, i'm not sure we'll get hector on a full at the end of the season anyway, so we need to plan for times without him.

Hate to say this but can see hutchinson out injured for this game...available for today but still feeling some pain?! Play him today and he goes off injured?

6 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

You're quite correct I didn't read it no. It is the daily mail though so I'm not 100% certain that's correct, if it is fair enough. Point still stands though that you can see why clubs would want that rule in place.

To be fair Tom, whichever paper it was from it could be complete rounduns!lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brommers said:

Wonder how many Chelsea fans know he exists never mind know that he's their player?

Probably as unknown and unseen to them as Urby was to us. 

Who are ya?

Edited by A12owl
  • Haha 1

No worries Fox in at centre half with Jones sitting in front protecting! 5th round here we come lol

9 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

It gives Thorniley a chance to impress.

I see no issue here.

Lees and Thorniley in defense, Hutchinson as captain in central midfield against the club he wanted to play for, playing with the team he now loves against his former favourites.

It's written in the stars - PLUS, i'm not sure we'll get hector on a full at the end of the season anyway, so we need to plan for times without him.

Absolutely, will be great experience for Thornily. 

You never know, he might play  a blinder and some premier league side might buy him for £30m lol

(Not that I'm trying to get rid if him, but that's how daft football is, especially as it's on TV versus one of the established top teams)

9 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

And we go on about Abdi never playing !! 4 years, why haven’t they just sold him off 

Probably same reason no one wants half of our team...... on too good a contract that no one is prepared to match.

1 minute ago, Bark1062 said:

Probably same reason no one wants half of our team...... on too good a contract that no one is prepared to match.

Why even keep a player to not ever play him in 4 years even we aren’t quite that bad !!! 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Absolutely, will be great experience for Thornily. 

You never know, he might play  a blinder and some premier league side might buy him for £30m lol

(Not that I'm trying to get rid if him, but that's how daft football is, especially as it's on TV versus one of the established top teams)

I wouldn’t worry about our players or team for that matter playing a blinder !

Not so much opening a can of worms . More a case of a nest of vipers

It highlights the scandal of the Premiership's Super-rich teams when they have two youngsters, out on trial at a club for 'Work Experience' and can still allow another player, who has not played for them for 4 years, to go on loan to a club. Yet we have Chairmen in the Championship other than our own, who are willing to lose millions to try to improve their chosen sides, but are prevented by so-called Fair Play Provisions.

I was under the impression that Premiership sides were supposed to name a fixed numbered squad  at the start of the season!. I would have presumed that anyone not in this number should be considered a free-agent, yet still attract a fee on transfer. The other way is a fixed limit to the number of players a team can have.registered

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

I wouldn’t worry about our players or team for that matter playing a blinder !

That's the spirit Mr Meldrew.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Morepork said:

I know what you're saying, he will never appear for them and it is a stupid rule. Imagine the fallout from having your own player score against you. Anyone got any good examples of this happening?

Back in 2004 Lomana Lualua on loan at Portsmouth from Newcastle sores a last minute equaliser against them.

LuaLua loan deal backfires on Newcastle

It may sound crazy but it is true. A Newcastle player wearing a Portsmouth shirt scored the goal that denied the Magpies their first away win since October, here at Fratton Park yesterday afternoon. Thanks to the loan system approved at the beginning of this season, Premiership clubs can, for the first time, lend each other their players and, thanks to Lomana LuaLua, Portsmouth benefited.

The Congo international was loaned to Pompey upon his return from the African Nations Cup at the start of February. Still, some clubs refuse to let their loanees face them but Newcastle agreed to LuaLua's participation in this game, partly because Portsmouth have also paid a fee to the Magpies. His loan is for 93 days but in that time he may not score many more important goals, as the point earned here squeezed the home side out of the relegation zone. Newcastle, meanwhile, sit in fourth place but with only two points breathing space over Charlton.

With Portsmouth running out of time to equalise Craig Bellamy's first-half strike, LuaLua struck with a minute remaining. A short corner routine saw a cross headed out by Titus Bramble to LuaLua, who was lurking just inside the penalty area. His volley was instant and unerringly found the inside of Shay Given's far post.

• Thanks 1

Chelsea are a cancer on English football. I hope Hutch 2 foots their bent ruski chairman in the face.

• Haha 1