Genuine question about owners investment.

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

I think the term is 'money laundering' and there may be some small law against it?  I can't be certain though.

Tonysoprano.jpg.9ef9fbb519ceb2de532acbc354e4a615.jpg

How is buying your own legal goods yourself and giving them away to charity 'money laundering' exactly?

Guest Willow Owl

Allegedly, some on hear believe if he dropped potg prices to £20 the ground would be sold out anyway, hence no 17000 spare seats. :ohmy:

This is a list of Man Utd official sponsors , basically The Glazers sell the Man Utd name to everything they can to the highest bidder. Cars, shirts, training shirts, watches etc. We have nowhere near the financial pull they do but it's shows how you can get money into the club, we have thousands of empty seats a game , empty corporate boxes, delayed shirt shirts sales, a training ground we could sell naming rights to. Chansiri sponsors the kit why can't another company also have there name on it. What sponsors do we have that isn't chansiri related. Sell anything we can to sponsors to get money into the club , yes the prices will be low but you have to start somewhere. As long the contracts are short term , we can't lose 

B45D38C7-E805-411D-AD21-B38B953AFC10.png

12 hours ago, MotherGoose said:

I suspect that it’s the same reason that you can’t name your stadium for £50M a year. Artificially inflating your income from the owner isn’t allowed under the rules

Also 17000 is a lot of spare seats. I don’t think the capacity is that high. 

Which makes a mockery of the whole system - what’s the difference between the chairman’s money and the punters money. 

10 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

You see its pretty simple to generate revenue, sell tickets, sell boxes and buy and sell players. 

You know like other clubs do. 

Buying a shedload of players and then not selling them, for optimium value. That kinda hurts revenue generation. Especially if you hord them like some sort of human real life sticker book. 

They then get injured, older and become worth less than you paid. In the epl that dosnt matter, as your overblown with cash. In the championship if youve got to have money constantly runnung through the business. 

You have to do this because you cant lose more than 39 million over a three year period.  Unless you get relegated from the epl and you get a helping hamd and and 87 million loss.

The right or wrong of said strategy in today P&S world are very clear in hindsight after the result are in. 

Being a a selling club was s scorned label for so many of our fans and fans of other clubs - it’s was one of those things no fan really wanted their club to be.

P&S as meant that every championship club must sell their best assets at sometime to stay within the rules. They must consider also the fact that they should “play the loan market” which translate into, taking the overbloated PL teams development players or in need of game time seniors players on loan for 6 months. Essentially a rental market so the landlords get a healthy % back in their assets.

in meantime former PL clubs are given 3 year subsidy which probably buys them 5 to 6 under the rules to get back to the PL.

if you fortunate to have the fan base and commercial activity it doesn’t keep you in the rules for long as the product on the pitch can’t be too good! ... Hard work and a savvy manager is key to getting around it all .. but that in part the luck of the draw as well!

9 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

This is a list of Man Utd official sponsors , basically The Glazers sell the Man Utd name to everything they can to the highest bidder. Cars, shirts, training shirts, watches etc. We have nowhere near the financial pull they do but it's shows how you can get money into the club, we have thousands of empty seats a game , empty corporate boxes, delayed shirt shirts sales, a training ground we could sell naming rights to. Chansiri sponsors the kit why can't another company also have there name on it. What sponsors do we have that isn't chansiri related. Sell anything we can to sponsors to get money into the club , yes the prices will be low but you have to start somewhere. As long the contracts are short term , we can't lose 

B45D38C7-E805-411D-AD21-B38B953AFC10.png

First and foremost you need to create demand. You do this by having a product that is successful and therefore something people want their businesses to be associated with. Unfortunately, we have struggled to achieve this as its driven in the main by performance.

In terms of DC sponsoring the kit and pretty much all the other advertising in the stadium the answer is straightforward. He (DC) is prepared to pay more than any third party for the privilege. This creates a situation where we literally can't accept lower revenue advertisers because it emphasises the fact that the amounts DC pays for his, is in excessive of what we'd get in the open market.  

Edited by Morepork

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

First and foremost you need to create demand. You do this by having a product that is successful and therefore something people want their businesses to be associated with. Unfortunately, we have struggled to achieve this as its driven in the main by performance.

In terms of DC sponsoring the kit and pretty much all the other advertising in the stadium the answer is straightforward. He (DC) is prepared to pay more than any third party for the privilege. This creates a situation where we literally can't accept lower revenue advertisers because it emphasises the fact that the amounts DC pays for his, is in excessive of what we'd get in the open market.  

Fair enough some of that I didn't know , but DC uses 2 ways of trying to get money into the club. He does it himself or try's to fleece the fans . Surely nows the time to explore the 3rd option and squeeze money out of corporations like other clubs use to there advantage. 

12 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Yet people still complain about DCs comment on the so called "experts" who think they know more about FFP than he does lol

The man who’s overspent by 20 million quid and looks like having us in yet another embargo really shouldn’t be commenting on football experts. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Avon barksdale said:

Fair enough some of that I didn't know , but DC uses 2 ways of trying to get money into the club. He does it himself or try's to fleece the fans . Surely nows the time to explore the 3rd option and squeeze money out of corporations like other clubs use to there advantage. 

I think this is where some people are at cross purposes.

We absolutely, desperately need outside revenue, nobody is disputing that. Fan's can't keep stumping up and whilst I've been critical of DC, especially of late I do believe he' pumping as much as he can get away with into the club. 

He's created a "weird" for want of a better word issue around advertising and sponsorships etc. I'm not getting into the Exec box issue with people, you either believe he's paying for them all and they sit empty or you don't. In terms of ad boards etc around the ground the last time I looked they weren't empty??? They are taken up, albeit with his companies (real and imagined......) I can't see how or why he would sell them to third parties that aren't prepared to pay as much as he does for them and clearly you can't sell the same thing twice. Like I said, using theoretical figures if he's paying a grand for a 2m board he can't take a few hundred quid off someone else for the same thing because he'll no longer be able to justify paying a grand himself and in effect, our revenue then goes backwards.