Genuine question about owners investment.

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

Not very efficient way either as we would have to pay tax on all sales.

P&S...FFP, is a minefield of schemes and scams..

But I don't get the taxation either, I thought you only paid tax on profits. Are the club responsible for paying players taxes, i would think they are all subbies and pay their own.

I know clubs get into tax trouble fairly often, if they are losing gazzilions each year how come they owe so much tax.

You see its pretty simple to generate revenue, sell tickets, sell boxes and buy and sell players. 

You know like other clubs do. 

Buying a shedload of players and then not selling them, for optimium value. That kinda hurts revenue generation. Especially if you hord them like some sort of human real life sticker book. 

They then get injured, older and become worth less than you paid. In the epl that dosnt matter, as your overblown with cash. In the championship if youve got to have money constantly runnung through the business. 

You have to do this because you cant lose more than 39 million over a three year period.  Unless you get relegated from the epl and you get a helping hamd and and 87 million loss.

Edited by Maddogbob

What Chansiri should do is start a football team in Thailand. Let's call it Chansiri FC.

Then, he should buy:

Reach for 15m

Bannan for 10m

Joao for 10m

Forestieri for 5m

So we pocket 40m.

Then we loan them back for a 3 and a half year period.

It's what every good football manager player does to earn more cash. Take over a new club and just gift it.

Easy this ffp lark.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

What Chansiri should do is start a football team in Thailand. Let's call it Chansiri FC.

Then, he should buy:

Reach for 15m

Bannan for 10m

Joao for 10m

Forestieri for 5m

So we pocket 40m.

Then we loan them back for a 3 and a half year period.

It's what every good football manager player does to earn more cash. Take over a new club and just gift it.

Easy this ffp lark.

Ahhhh this is what I call the Watford model. 

Edited by Maddogbob

25 minutes ago, swinners said:

Possibly, but is it wrong or even not allowed? It's wrong that parachute payments are in but they don't seem to have an issue with that rather large donation. 

Okay then what about DC puts all ticket prices to £100, but all tickets come with a chairman 'help' of £60 towards the face cost of the ticket.  Fans pay normal price and DC subsidises with a £60 donation per ticket.  Therefore we only sell normally amount  of tickets. 

Again just looking at ways for the owner to put in more of his money which he states he wants to do. 

It’s an interesting point that you have raised here, brilliant in it’s Simplicity. It is all  100% legal and above board. The only obstruction would be getting it past the P&S powers at be. Not sure on what grounds they could challenge it though as there is nothing wrong with making a charitable donation. Particularly if the tickets were purchased at face value.

Edited by Bukta

11 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Serious question, does anyone really believe that anyone on here knows more than the club about FFP/P&S and how you can/can't get around it, seriously?

I believe its probably been investigated by our chairman and I also believe anything even remotely loophole wise would be closed shut down by the efl very quickly. 

Especially as the efl basically rubber stamp all transfers, before they are completed. 

I also believe, half the championship are either over, or damm close to it. Which means, at some point, we will hit a critical mass and something has to change. 

2 minutes ago, Bukta said:

It’s an interesting point that you have raised here, brilliant in it’s Simplicity. It is all  100% legal and above board. The only obstruction would be getting it past the P&S powers at be. Not sure on what grounds they could challenge it though as there is nothing wrong with making a charitable donation.

Because its not revenue, that has been generated, by the business. 

Thats the key. 

A product has to be bought, for money. 

And for a fair amount, decided by the efl. 

Edited by Maddogbob

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

I believe its probably been investigated by our chairman and I also believe anything even remotely loophole wise would be closed shut down by the efl very quickly. 

Especially as the efl basically rubber stamp all transfers, before they are completed. 

I also believe, half the championship are either over, or damm close to it. Which means, at some point, we will hit a critical mass and something has to change. 

Absolutely.

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Because its not revenue, that has been generated, by the business. 

Thats the key. 

A product has to be bought, for money. 

And for a fair amount, decided by the efl. 

I thought the OP was suggesting that DC would personally buy the tickets, therefore revenue would be going in to the club?

5 minutes ago, Bukta said:

I thought the OP was suggesting that DC would personally buy the tickets, therefore revenue would be going in to the club?

The problem with that is the chairman is buying the tickets, its not genuine revenue. 

It then becomes a donation and wont be counted. By the efl against p and s. 

Try and hide it, then i imagine we are on dodgy dogy ground. 

Edited by Maddogbob

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

The problem with that is the chairman is buying the tickets, its not genuine revenue. 

It then becomes a donation and wont be counted. By the efl against p and s. 

Try and hide it, then i imagine we are on dodgy dogy ground. 

If I was wealthy enough I could do it for the game tomorrow. There’s no reason why DC couldn’t as long as the money came from his personal wealth. In fact I would imagine it against GDPR rules for the P&S bods to demand to know who bought the tickets. 

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one pal :CEO:

11 minutes ago, Bukta said:

If I was wealthy enough I could do it for the game tomorrow. There’s no reason why DC couldn’t as long as the money came from his personal wealth. In fact I would imagine it against GDPR rules for the P&S bods to demand to know who bought the tickets. 

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one pal :CEO:

Aye, we will leave it there matey, debate over. Off to bed now anyhow. Im pretty sure it would be ok. If you did it. With your money. 

Lets see what 1867 v2 brings. 

Enjoy your evening. 

Edited by Maddogbob

43 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

P&S...FFP, is a minefield of schemes and scams..

But I don't get the taxation either, I thought you only paid tax on profits. Are the club responsible for paying players taxes, i would think they are all subbies and pay their own.

I know clubs get into tax trouble fairly often, if they are losing gazzilions each year how come they owe so much tax.

No tax expert but VAT is paid on total sales. I may be wrong but assume this is on tickets we sell.