Genuine question about owners investment.

We just need to live within our means, older people do it all the time...... Put a bit aside in the old biscuit tin or under the mattress and treat ourselves to a new player every 5 years.... lolIf he's in the sales of course....

Edited by Morepork

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Ok, perhaps the wrong terminology then, whichever way you look at it. Its very very dodgy ground. 

I really can’t see it. All the OP is suggesting is for DC to make a large charitable donation each game. Nothing wrong with that.

There probably ain't any official ruling against it if he gave them as gifts. But we will probably get a massive fine for bringing the game into disrepute or something like that.

Bit like getting a booking for a suspension on purpose when you know you are injured.

4 minutes ago, Bukta said:

I really can’t see it. All the OP is suggesting is for DC to make a large charitable donation each game. Nothing wrong with that.

Charitable donation, dosnt equate to revenue then, I presume. 

Perhaps we could clam gift aid on it while we are at it and dodge some tax as well. 

Just to hammer some extra bellend points home. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Guest wilyfox

Must be someone DC can bribe to just put us back in the premier league. All this chasing promotion year after year seems so unnecessary. 

8 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

And we could perhaps stop coming up with crackpot ideas as a fanbase. Then we look less foolish. 

I doubt any fan would come up with a crapper plan than charging £2k for a 50p of plastic sticker to be stuck on a plastic seat for a few months.

The EFL would adjust the accounts if something like this happened to take into account the "false" income

the P & S rules will be discarded no doubt in the near future....probably after our boat has sailed

Clubs relegated from the prem can lose 87 million, clubs already in the championship can lose 39 million

Fair play my arse

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

The EFL would adjust the accounts if something like this happened to take into account the "false" income

the P & S rules will be discarded no doubt in the near future....probably after our boat has sailed

Clubs relegated from the prem can lose 87 million, clubs already in the championship can lose 39 million

Fair play my arse

In a nutshell, bang on. 

49 minutes ago, Bukta said:

I suspect you are correct and as long as the seats were used who could possibly say it was not a fit and proper thing to do.

The problem is the FFP committee would just take it with a dim view as you could just donate those seats to charitable in the same way without buying them. Therefore they'd probably not allow it. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

I don't get why others can't get their heads round this kind of idea. Chansiri non SWFC business accounts are nothing to do with EFL. AS suggested if he were to gift a large sum from his personal wealth to a charity for them to then use that money to buy tickets from SWFC for a treat for the people for whom their charity is a cause, then that is between him and them. 

It is certainly not Money Laundering. 

19 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

I don't get why others can't get their heads round this kind of idea. Chansiri non SWFC business accounts are nothing to do with EFL. AS suggested if he were to gift a large sum from his personal wealth to a charity for them to then use that money to buy tickets from SWFC for a treat for the people for whom their charity is a cause, then that is between him and them. 

but the EFL would take this "investment" out of our accounts

you really need to read the rules of this P & S stuff

Ah well.  Just a thought.  I don't see what is the difference between my £40 and Atti's, DC's or that is DC's family.

Does he even have to declare its him?  I'm quite certain that the EFL don't keep tabs on me, knowing when I used my card or bank account to purchase a ticket.

I was just suggesting a way he could put more money into the club as he's stated that he wants to but can't find a way.

1 minute ago, swinners said:

Ah well.  Just a thought.  I don't see what is the difference between my £40 and Atti's, DC's or that is DC's family.

Does he even have to declare its him?  I'm quite certain that the EFL don't keep tabs on me, knowing when I used my card or bank account to purchase a ticket.

I was just suggesting a way he could put more money into the club as he's stated that he wants to but can't find a way.

Do you think the EFL would be a little suspicious when we suddenly sell out every game with a block booking of 17,000 tickets..

I think the charities commission might be interested too

3 minutes ago, Dot said:

Do you think the EFL would be a little suspicious when we suddenly sell out every game with a block booking of 17,000 tickets..

I think the charities commission might be interested too

Possibly, but is it wrong or even not allowed? It's wrong that parachute payments are in but they don't seem to have an issue with that rather large donation. 

Okay then what about DC puts all ticket prices to £100, but all tickets come with a chairman 'help' of £60 towards the face cost of the ticket.  Fans pay normal price and DC subsidises with a £60 donation per ticket.  Therefore we only sell normally amount  of tickets. 

Again just looking at ways for the owner to put in more of his money which he states he wants to do. 

If he did it openly would be just regarded as investment. Not very efficient way either as we would have to pay tax on all sales.

If he did it on quiet presume would be regarded as cheating.

The club needs to get corporate sponsors on board, to my mind commercial side of club is letting us down in this area. Much was said about pricing of this and it has probably caused issues. Need to realise this can be good earner for club. Either that or he needs TUF to sponsor club in some way.

3 minutes ago, swinners said:

Possibly, but is it wrong or even not allowed? It's wrong that parachute payments are in but they don't seem to have an issue with that rather large donation. 

Okay then what about DC puts all ticket prices to £100, but all tickets come with a chairman 'help' of £60 towards the face cost of the ticket.  Fans pay normal price and DC subsidises with a £60 donation per ticket.  Therefore we only sell normally amount  of tickets. 

Again just looking at ways for the owner to put in more of his money which he states he wants to do. 

I'm not talking about the wrongs or rights.

Any artificial investment will be disregarded by the EFL so it makes no difference

43 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

What i cant get my head round is the fact that we gambled against an unfair system and lost and people cant get there head round the fact there is no hair brained scheme that can change that. 

• Haha 2