Genuine question about owners investment.

I have asked a couple of times but not had a response (that I have seen).

Is there a reason that DC can't buy up all of the spare unsold tickets for home matches, effectively making them full houses (ticket sales wise)?  This way we would have nearly twice the revenue as to what we get now.  An example.  If by Thursday we have 17000 unsold tickets DC buys them up and gives them to charitable organisations (that's more than half a million per home match - (worked out at 30 X 17000).  Now they may not necessarily come, but so what?

This enables DC to pour more money into the club which he has said he wants to do but can't. 

Is there a reason that he, or his family, are not allowed to purchase tickets and thus putting money into the profits of the club? If he can, he would be able to buy up all of the hospitality boxes too.

I suspect that it’s the same reason that you can’t name your stadium for £50M a year. Artificially inflating your income from the owner isn’t allowed under the rules

Also 17000 is a lot of spare seats. I don’t think the capacity is that high. 

Edited by MotherGoose

7 minutes ago, MotherGoose said:

I suspect that it’s the same reason that you can’t name your stadium for £50M a year. Artificially inflating your income from the owner isn’t allowed under the rules

Also 17000 is a lot of spare seats. I don’t think the capacity is that high. 

Yeah SYP own about 8000 :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, swinners said:

I have asked a couple of times but not had a response (that I have seen).

Is there a reason that DC can't buy up all of the spare unsold tickets for home matches, effectively making them full houses (ticket sales wise)?  This way we would have nearly twice the revenue as to what we get now.  An example.  If by Thursday we have 17000 unsold tickets DC buys them up and gives them to charitable organisations (that's more than half a million per home match - (worked out at 30 X 17000).  Now they may not necessarily come, but so what?

This enables DC to pour more money into the club which he has said he wants to do but can't. 

Is there a reason that he, or his family, are not allowed to purchase tickets and thus putting money into the profits of the club? If he can, he would be able to buy up all of the hospitality boxes too.

I suspect you are correct and as long as the seats were used who could possibly say it was not a fit and proper thing to do.

Edited by Bukta

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

So over the last two days, weve had, why dosnt DC give us all 10k each to buy the 1867 think and now why dosnt he buy all the unused seats. 

Its called money laundering. 

Are we all really that desperate?? Seriously. 

Yet people still complain about DCs comment on the so called "experts" who think they know more about FFP than he does lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

So over the last two days, weve had, why dosnt DC give us all 10k each to buy the 1867 think and now why dosnt he buy all the unused seats. 

Yes.

6 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Yet people still complain about DCs comment on the so called "experts" who think they know more about FFP than he does lol

The amount of people on twitter and elsewhere that have suggested this and things like it. Well frankly, its bloody scary. 

Tell you what lets chuck a good old ponzi scheme in as well. Just for a laugh. Not seen one of those for a while.

Its like the fanbase are crack addicts, desperate for the next signing fix. 

Chuff me. 

We have an unfavourable sysyem against us. Very little we can do about it. Mainly because, nobody cares unless it effects them directly. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bukta said:

I suspect you are correct and as long as the seats were used who could possibly say it was not a fit and proper thing to do.

We could either stick to the rules, face the music and learn by the mistakes. 

Or we could rename ourselves Leeds and try something devious.

I know which I prefer.

10 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

What the OP is suggesting has absolutely nothing to do with money laundering.

2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Or maybe he could operate his business competently and within the rules...it really is that simple.

And we could perhaps stop coming up with crackpot ideas as a fanbase. Then we look less foolish. 

Edited by Maddogbob