Paul Cook

Heard an interesting story from someone who shall remain nameless in the local media. Apparently he's a right nasty piece of work with journalists when he's not on air, so much so that when he left Chesterfield champagne was going round after the press conference.

I was stunned to hear it because I always thought he came across well on the radio, but he apparently makes it very clear which questions he will and won't answer before his interviews begin. 

I suggested Cook has manager when Luhukay got job and lots on here were against him. I did not know his views but this makes me even more annoyed we did not go and get him. With resouces he would do a good job but can find players from lower leagues as well. Having said that hope we hammer his side tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Quist said:

I suggested Cook has manager when Luhukay got job and lots on here were against him. I did not know his views but this makes me even more annoyed we did not go and get him. With resouces he would do a good job but can find players from lower leagues as well. Having said that hope we hammer his side tomorrow.

He's done a good job everywhere he's been really, but plenty of the Wigan fans want him out. It probably says more about the modern football fan though than it does about the job he's doing there. I think some Wigan fans probably need to adjust their expectations as they are unlikely to see another spell in the Premier League for a long time (if ever)

I was a bit disappointed he left Portsmouth to go there as Pompey are a much bigger and better club in my opinion, especially as both clubs were about to start the following season in League One.

3 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Heard an interesting story from someone who shall remain nameless in the local media. Apparently he's a right nasty piece of work with journalists when he's not on air, so much so that when he left Chesterfield champagne was going round after the press conference.

I was stunned to hear it because I always thought he came across well on the radio, but he apparently makes it very clear which questions he will and won't answer before his interviews begin. 

Never heard that about him, but I do remember reading about Stan Tennant like that

6 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Never heard that about him, but I do remember reading about Stan Tennant like that

That's reminded me of a story about Ternant. Apparently years ago his Burnley side were playing the pigs at the stain and at half time Ternant claims he caught Kevin Blackwell (then assitant to Colin) trying to listen in on their half time team talk. 

"I motioned for them to keep quiet and launched myself into a two-footed kung-fu kick against the door. It exploded outwards and I saw a figure scurry away.

"I then took one of my players to see the referee and show him a wound and heard a voice behind me say, 'Come off it Stan - you are always at it.'

"I turned to see Warnock's No2 Kevin Blackwell and I shouted, 'Let's have it now.' I ran up, smacked him in the face and nutted him for good measure. He hit me back and my nose ruptured. I jumped on him and we fell to the floor shoving the door to the referee's room wide open.

"Stewards and United staff pounced on my back and eventually dragged me away. I'd given him a few cracks and a couple of follow-ups.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Pulsar said:

My electrician is a bluenose (Chessie not Everton) and he had a few nights out with Cook along with other friends.

Says PC likes a drink and was crawling hands and knees to a taxi after one night.

I live in chezvegas and can confirm this from several sources and occasions around town :Pelupessy: