Wigan Press conference breakdown

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

I agree - the statement was bad, for a variety of different reasons.

But Agnew had a very good opportunity to start putting out said fire.  But he didn’t, which just creates more uncertainty IMO.

As a club employee, he’s surely got an opinion on whether we are likely to be embargoed soon.  Like I say, he didn’t have to give us all the gory details but he could at least have had the courtesy to address the fan’s fears on this IMO.

The club owner put out a detailed statement this week (such as it was). Why would Agnew comment?

The best thing he could do is duck the issue so he doesn't contradict DC.

I would imagine that Abdi is counting down the days to when he makes the leap from semi retired to fully retired in July. Angers me to think that he will have had between £3m -£4m from this club for doing absolutely roger all

3 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

The Star reports it as;- "He's had that under-23s game but it's in the hands of the players and when Steve comes in we'll have a look at that".

Which to me, is referring to the fact that Abdi was given a game against Bolton in which he had the opportunity to prove himself. We lost 3-2, conceding the winner late on and Abdi was taken of in the 65th minute for Hunt. So with SA saying nothing else, either Abdi did brilliantly (without getting a single mention in the match report) and could be in line for some squad time, or he let the chance slip and his future will be decided when Bruce gets back.

Is it hello Abdi, or goodbye Abdi and is anyone here still that bothered? He has joined the growing list players who seemed to be brilliant before they arrived and became rubbish shortly after pulling on the blue and white stripes!

You can't sell or loan players who haven't been playing matches after an injury. Makes sense him getting time even at that level

Edited by daveyboy66

Guest LittleG
5 hours ago, darklord said:

What is it with us and double letter names. 

Fernando forestieri

Almen Abdi

Barry Baman

Jermaine Johnson

Carlos Carvahal

Big Bruce......

Marco Matias 

Ken Knighton

11 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I'm torn @Lord Snooty This little bullet point breakdown is great but I'm still enjoying the novelty of watching the press conference and being able to understand it!!!! lol

Thing is corky when it's plain  speaking and what not then people are having to work a lot harder to whip them into their conspiracy theories.

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

I expect him to retire at the end of the season 

I was told he was all but finished last season, so  the fact he's still hanging in there with a chance is great  it'll be a sad day for us and him when he to stop