Hooper, Lee & the other Injuries

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

What would we have to lose? Potentially we get a great Championship midfielder effectively on a free transfer, on the other hand we lose a couple of hundred thousand which is chicken feed in todays market. Lee sweated blood for this club.

As I say, if he can get a better deal elsewhere he can go with our best wishes.

I know everybody won't agree but Lee was a big part of our 2 successful seasons., 

Everybody agrees. Problem is he has hardly kicked a ball since.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

What would we have to lose? Potentially we get a great Championship midfielder effectively on a free transfer, on the other hand we lose a couple of hundred thousand which is chicken feed in todays market. Lee sweated blood for this club.

As I say, if he can get a better deal elsewhere he can go with our best wishes.

I know everybody won't agree but Lee was a big part of our 2 successful seasons., 

That was then, this is now.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I'd give Lee another year if he accepts a very low wage to start with a view to increasing it if he proves his fitness. Say a review after 10 games, then another after 20.

Some might say just get rid but he's such a good player at this level I'd cut him some slack. Obviously if he can get a better deal elsewhere I'd let him go with our best wishes for the future.

If he accepts £8 an hour and agrees to make the tea then fine,  otherwise don't talk testicles.

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

You just know hooper will be fit and ready for another club when his contract runs out.

Or am I being too cynical?

Hooper has been under the knife 3 times since Boxing Day 2017 man, do you think he's done it on purpose? Good grief, yes I certainly think you are being too cynical.

• Like 1

They all can feck off there's only Kieran Lee I would give time till next Christmas to prove himself, you just know we feck him off in August some club signs him up and he has a great season, so that's why I would give him all the time he needs and if in that time it means he can't play professionall football any more at least this club gave him that chance 

• Like 2

On 18/01/2019 at 12:38, bigrbuk said:

From press conference...

Too early for Fessi tomorrow.

Joao, Hutch and Westwood all available (although sounds like hutch still in a bit of pain)

Pelupessy struggling.

Hooper back running, hoping to be back training 3-4 weeks

Lee another setback on his knee, no timescale.

Abdi likely to play more u23

3-4 weeks for Hooper is end of next week. 

Wonder how his progress is going, would be amazing to have him back