Hooper, Lee & the other Injuries

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Still have hope that Lee will return though admittedly it's fading with todays news. 

I still have hope he will return to football, sadly not sure he will have time to prove his fitness here so will probably have to move on                                                                                this knee problem is just bad luck, when he had the op surgeon said two tendons were there he removed/repaired one and thought the other would be okay unfortunately it isn't

Edited by dkenyonqfc2
  • Thanks 1

Don’t think people realise how much we’ve missed Keiren Lee, looking ominous for him now 

If Hooper does come back before the end of the season I believe he could earn some kind of deal, all down to the gaffer though you would be surprised if Bruce takes a chance on his injury record 

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Don’t think people realise how much we’ve missed Keiren Lee, looking ominous for him now 

If Hooper does come back before the end of the season I believe he could earn some kind of deal, all down to the gaffer though you would be surprised if Bruce takes a chance on his injury record 

Great, another deal for Hooper. Sounds a splendid idea that does. Get rid

hooper started running this week ,but wont be training with players until near mid feb then will need a couple u23 games though he might be an asset as he will want a deal at end of season , as for lee unfortunately this is surely the end. all this season and much of last season its been the same case. 

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

Kieran Lee has been an outstanding player for us.  

The constant running, the late surges into the box.

Such a shame with the injuries.  

I'd give Lee another year if he accepts a very low wage to start with a view to increasing it if he proves his fitness. Say a review after 10 games, then another after 20.

Some might say just get rid but he's such a good player at this level I'd cut him some slack. Obviously if he can get a better deal elsewhere I'd let him go with our best wishes for the future.

Guest Bulgaria

You just know hooper will be fit and ready for another club when his contract runs out.

Or am I being too cynical?

Edited by Bulgaria

Thornily has rarely let us down at the back...shove Hector into midfield.....

Ive forgot about Lee, Hooper and Abdi...although I will remember lee especially  and to a lesser extent Hooper fondly...

Abdi?...is there time yet?..I doubt it.

But what you have to remember is...We are avoiding relegation and have been doing for 3 years!!!...So its all a bit of a success story really.................

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

After what DC said about Abdi I would be very surprised if he played for our first team again. 

id doubt bruce would put up with chansiri telling him who he can or cant play, abdi getting another u23 game next week , agnew says all players have a clean slate under them. 

It really shows what a desperate state we're in when Abdi is being mentioned anywhere near the first team.

Bruce must have a magic wand to have taken this mess on.

Everything's "two weeks away" and then after two weeks it goes quiet, and then its "two weeks away" again.

Never seen so many injuries at a football club - wonder who will be the next casualty?

Anyone would think we're jinxed or summat.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, prowl said:

I'd give Lee another year if he accepts a very low wage to start with a view to increasing it if he proves his fitness. Say a review after 10 games, then another after 20.

Some might say just get rid but he's such a good player at this level I'd cut him some slack. Obviously if he can get a better deal elsewhere I'd let him go with our best wishes for the future.

No thanks

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Opposite I think most supporters realise he has been missed massively 

13 minutes ago, billyblack said:

No thanks

What would we have to lose? Potentially we get a great Championship midfielder effectively on a free transfer, on the other hand we lose a couple of hundred thousand which is chicken feed in todays market. Lee sweated blood for this club.

As I say, if he can get a better deal elsewhere he can go with our best wishes.

I know everybody won't agree but Lee was a big part of our 2 successful seasons.,