Hooper, Lee & the other Injuries

From press conference...

Too early for Fessi tomorrow.

Joao, Hutch and Westwood all available (although sounds like hutch still in a bit of pain)

Pelupessy struggling.

Hooper back running, hoping to be back training 3-4 weeks

Lee another setback on his knee, no timescale.

Abdi likely to play more u23

Edited by bigrbuk

Guest wilyfox

Just accept the loss of Lee & Hooper. They're most likely done here. 

Agree with guru. We are light in midfield. Onomah out for a month, Pelupessy struggling, Hutch always 50-50. If anything happens to Reach or Bannan, we'd be down to Jones & Abdi - if they're fit enough. 

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

So does this mean Abdi is available to be selected ?? Not pinning my hopes on Abdi again or anything but CM is a problem and we need cover there. IF he is fit and IF he is half the player he used to be then he could be a useful option until his contract runs out.

Thing is with Abdi none of us have seen the player we were meant to be signing.

All I've seen him do is quick short passes, getting rid of the ball ASAP. 

Feels like he is short changing us. 

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

So does this mean Abdi is available to be selected ?? Not pinning my hopes on Abdi again or anything but CM is a problem and we need cover there. IF he is fit and IF he is half the player he used to be then he could be a useful option until his contract runs out.

I wouldn’t have thought he was anywhere near ready yet Think we might see Hector used in midfield again

Sad for Kieran Lee, but that is confirmation ( not that it was needed ) that he's finished as a Wednesday player.  Just cannot even consider giving him a new contract. 

Was, quite comfortably imo, th best central midfielder in the division at one stage, real shame. 

Good news re Joao and FF, but realistically don't think we'll see Hooper, Lee or abdi in the first team again.

Sad but I think Lee is finished. If we can think it would be great business to get either or both the other 2 out of the club and their wages off the books in this window....doubt anyone will be interested though unless the MLS interest in hooper re emerges.

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Thing is with Abdi none of us have seen the player we were meant to be signing.

All I've seen him do is quick short passes, getting rid of the ball ASAP. 

Feels like he is short changing us. 

Very true.

I'm just thinking of the predicament were in a the moment.

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wouldn’t have thought he was anywhere near ready yet Think we might see Hector used in midfield again

Neither would I to be honest which is why he'll be having more U23 games I'm just thinking of ways to help in our current predicament. I'm not a fan of the square pegs in round holes option I think Hector is too important at the back for us.

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Neither would I to be honest which is why he'll be having more U23 games I'm just thinking of ways to help in our current predicament. I'm not a fan of the square pegs in round holes option I think Hector is too important at the back for us.

I’m confident in young Thorniley, and Hector played plenty of games for Reading in a midfield role We do need more options in there though