Loans out ?

3 hours ago, prowl said:

Sending players out on loan is as much for our benefit as the club they go to. Yes we should get some of their wages paid but how much must depend on the individual circumstances. Trying to get all their wages paid is just not realistic in all cases.

Half a season of lower league football could be enough to kick some of these lads up to a level where they can be decent squad players. All we need to do is make sure they get game time at the new club.

Exactly, and if things do go, as DC suggests they might, we may need to call on those youngsters, so having a few months league experience may be crucial. It’s not difficult to imagine a scenario where, under an embargo, we have release all those out of contract, and are unable to sign replacements

Edited by gurujuan

15 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’d think the reason Penney isn’t playing in the U23s, is because he’s generally on standby for the first team squad. As for Baker, he can’t go out, until we get someone in

Thing is though you still have to stay match fit and sharp so playing an odd U23 match is good for that. No good if we call him back to play for the first team and he's not quite up to speed, that would just be another backwards step in his development.

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Thing is though you still have to stay match fit and sharp so playing an odd U23 match is good for that. No good if we call him back to play for the first team and he's not quite up to speed, that would just be another backwards step in his development.

No, totally agree Generally, I feel we don’t use that competition as well as we could. We can play three overage players plus a keeper, and in my mind, we should always do that With no reserve games now, it’s the only way of giving them any game time.