Loans out ?

Why have we stopped loaning any young players to other clubs, makes no sense , I know we have used half a dozen of them in the squad but apart from Thorniley and Penney the rest need games at proper standard as they are not up to it yet? 

it feels like we are crippling our own revenue streams with stupid price demands, clearly I don't know the details but if they are not in the team my view would be to ship them out even at 50% wages etc.

Exec boxes, club shop, poor catering facilities, non match day activities....it all needs to change

Hate to say it but this is where clubs like Leeds get it right

4 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

it feels like we are crippling our own revenue streams with stupid price demands, clearly I don't know the details but if they are not in the team my view would be to ship them out even at 50% wages etc.

Exec boxes, club shop, poor catering facilities, non match day activities....it all needs to change

Most clubs get it right it’s sheer stupidity . Boxes full equals more money and a better reputation . Having decent , affordable stuff in the shop equals more money and satisfied customers . Having crap pies and slow service at half time, loses money and annoys fans . 

Letting our young players rot makes no sense . They would benefit no end . 

Its simple , simple stuff . Yet it’s still beyond any half wit running the club . 

Dont worry I’m still grateful though !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Agree with all but the Leeds bit !! Just can’t bring myself to think that B Elland Road is in anyway better than S6 

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

As above our squads been pretty stretched not ideal period to let players out on loan 

Thing is, if we accept that they’re not ready for football at this level yet, what’s the point of keeping them in the squad If we are so stretched, and need to fill the bench, then we can dip into the U18s. To be fair, we have about 16 players in the development squad, and they wouldn’t all be going out It’s a myth that we need to keep them hanging around

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

As above our squads been pretty stretched not ideal period to let players out on loan 

That's what recall clauses are for. If Westwood ends up staying, it'd be beneficial for Wildsmith to be loaned out as he's not going to get a game here. Then when/if Westwood breaks again we could bring him back.

It wouldn't hurt players like Preston, Kirby, O'Grady to get a few league games under their belt in L1 or L2 either.  

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

That's what recall clauses are for. If Westwood ends up staying, it'd be beneficial for Wildsmith to be loaned out as he's not going to get a game here. Then when/if Westwood breaks again we could bring him back.

It wouldn't hurt players like Preston, Kirby, O'Grady to get a few league games under their belt in L1 or L2 either.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if those three were let go at the end of the season

14 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Some clubs won't touch a loan with a recall attached 

1 hour ago, Mardy Bum said:

Think penny and Baker need to but penny can't even make the under 23 squad. Maybe our players arent seen good enough by other managers to Warrent a loan deal 

I’d think the reason Penney isn’t playing in the U23s, is because he’s generally on standby for the first team squad. As for Baker, he can’t go out, until we get someone in

Sending players out on loan is as much for our benefit as the club they go to. Yes we should get some of their wages paid but how much must depend on the individual circumstances. Trying to get all their wages paid is just not realistic in all cases.

Half a season of lower league football could be enough to kick some of these lads up to a level where they can be decent squad players. All we need to do is make sure they get game time at the new club.