P&S issues

Right so we could be staring down the barrel of P&S rules sounding quite significant on next transfer season. So it’s got me thinking the players we haven’t had for a while etc this season too.

1. Hooper 40k a week?

2. Lee 30k a week?

3. Abdi 40k a week?

just in these three alone there’s 5.7 million a year wages. If we did the sensible thing and not offer them a contract at end of season estimated surely I’m not far off anyway 

the purpose I’m writing is to say these 3 are an example there is a couple more but if we wasn’t to resign the players we’ve got along ok without surely we will save ourselves from transfer embargo 

this is the avenue id be looking at if I was chansiri I wouldn’t look to sell out top current performers???

14 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Right so we could be staring down the barrel of P&S rules sounding quite significant on next transfer season. So it’s got me thinking the players we haven’t had for a while etc this season too.

1. Hooper 40k a week?

2. Lee 30k a week?

3. Abdi 40k a week?

just in these three alone there’s 5.7 million a year wages. If we did the sensible thing and not offer them a contract at end of season estimated surely I’m not far off anyway 

the purpose I’m writing is to say these 3 are an example there is a couple more but if we wasn’t to resign the players we’ve got along ok without surely we will save ourselves from transfer embargo 

this is the avenue id be looking at if I was chansiri I wouldn’t look to sell out top current performers???

But we have not got along OK without these two, we have missed them!

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Surely if just not offering a new contract to high wage earners whose contract ends this summer would solve FFP / P&S problems would be no need for Chansiri statement yesterday or the revised 1867 scheme.

Exactly that will help us next season not this.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree a fully fit Hooper and Lee have been missed but no room for sympathy and with their injury records and the clubs financial issues should be released as soon as possible.

Think the point I was making is that we have not got on along OK without them.  If we do need to let them go due to their injury problems, then we need to replace them with equal or better quality, therefore we will not be saving any money.

We're in the sh!t now, if we don't sell players in the next 2 weeks we'll be under a soft embargo from March, then a hard embargo from the end of the financial period. Not offering new contracts to the injured high earners etc will only help from next season onwards.

Edited by mogbad

3 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

1. Hooper 40k a week?

2. Lee 30k a week?

3. Abdi 40k a week?

How do you/we know that there have not been negotiations with each individual player based on them not playing due to injury. I know for a fact (if I owned a sports club) I’d have a clause in a professional sportsman’s contract to at least approach the individual to discuss a contract Re structure 

1 hour ago, Striggy said:

Think the point I was making is that we have not got on along OK without them.  If we do need to let them go due to their injury problems, then we need to replace them with equal or better quality, therefore we will not be saving any money.

Our neighbours across the city have shown you do not need to pay large amounts out in wages to get the right players.

Chasing promotion for 2 seasons does not show that they are just lucky.

16 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Our neighbours across the city have shown you do not need to pay large amounts out in wages to get the right players.

Chasing promotion for 2 seasons does not show that they are just lucky.

Good point and well put.  Of course you do not need to pay large amounts, but finding the right players at lower wages is harder and less likely, think you need a good scouting system, and also a bit of luck.  You do not need to look at our neighbours (who would want to) many teams seem to have a knack of doing well on less, but in the norm, paying higher wages for better players gives you a greater chance of success, but as this is football nothing is guaranteed.  The point of my initial reply was and still is, if you get rid of Hooper and Lee (who we have undoubtedly missed) (and regardless of made up salaries) you do not save £70k a week.  Not sure we would need to replace Abdi though :biggrin:

26 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Good point and well put.  Of course you do not need to pay large amounts, but finding the right players at lower wages is harder and less likely, think you need a good scouting system, and also a bit of luck.  You do not need to look at our neighbours (who would want to) many teams seem to have a knack of doing well on less, but in the norm, paying higher wages for better players gives you a greater chance of success, but as this is football nothing is guaranteed.  The point of my initial reply was and still is, if you get rid of Hooper and Lee (who we have undoubtedly missed) (and regardless of made up salaries) you do not save £70k a week.  Not sure we would need to replace Abdi though :biggrin:

True, but we will reduce the wage bill, but not as much as the original poster thinks, but "Every little help's".

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

We're in the sh!t now, if we don't sell players in the next 2 weeks we'll be under a soft embargo from March, then a hard embargo from the end of the financial period. Not offering new contracts to the injured high earners etc will only help from next season onwards.

Flippin Brexit