Fresh Fan Investment: New Share Offer

12 hours ago, mkowl said:

Slight problems

1) As others have said the issue shares is not turnover for FFP purposes. Do not confuse cash coming in as revenue for this purpose

2) 3 year season tickets only count as income in the season it relates to. So even 1 year season tickets sold now for next season would bring in money but would only count as income for the next accounts. 3 year season tickets over 3 years

3) the sale of the ground could be of assistance

4) the sale of players could be of assistance but as Steelowl suggests it is the difference between the proceeds and the remaining cost in the accounts. A player acquired for 4m on a 4 year contract that cost is spread 1m per year. If after 2 years he is worth 2m in the books. Get sold for 7m you would show 5m profit for FFP purposes.

So sorry,  it is all boring accounting shizzle but that is how the EFL work it out so that is key

MK, would the same apply to the sale of another asset, such as the training ground, and naming rights to the stadium. 

A share issue won't solve the problem, yes it will inject cash but won't affect turnover or profit. It will sit on the statement of financial position as an increase in share capital.

The solution needs to be a  way of generating profit from the Wednesday fans around the country and world that can't / don't go to the games, rather than constantly trying to squeeze more money out of the season ticket holders. 

For me it's a better streaming service than Ifollow. I'd rather pay more for a better service and better merchandise in the store.

I'd also pay for something like a 'Wednesday lottery', I know there's the 50-50 club but as far as I'm aware this again targets fans on match day. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, andytrig said:

A share issue won't solve the problem, yes it will inject cash but won't affect turnover or profit. It will sit on the statement of financial position as an increase in share capital.

The solution needs to be a  way of generating profit from the Wednesday fans around the country and world that can't / don't go to the games, rather than constantly trying to squeeze more money out of the season ticket holders. 

For me it's a better streaming service than Ifollow. I'd rather pay more for a better service and better merchandise in the store.

I'd also pay for something like a 'Wednesday lottery', I know there's the 50-50 club but as far as I'm aware this again targets fans on match day. 

I like the idea of an online draw.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

MK, would the same apply to the sale of another asset, such as the training ground, and naming rights to the stadium. 

Sale of the training ground - at a profit - would count.

Naming rights would be straight income to be counted, but as others say it has to be a "commercial" rate

2 hours ago, andytrig said:

That was the problem with Club 1867. I was in fact sceptical whether under accounting standards it fulfilled the requirements to be income. Be interesting what Club 1867 2.0 actually sets out to do to tick that box. Anything that wants money today in return for something tomorrow might struggle.

On 19/01/2019 at 09:39, Willow Owl said:

Nothing to correct, once you have paid it's the clubs money. 

You don't go into Asda buy your shopping and then expect a say in how they run the business. 

But you can go to Tesco if Asda's crap.

You gonna Bramall Lane? We are a captive audience so really important Fans' get a say - see German model.

As a rich kid, Chansiri doesn't understand how hard most Owls work to fund the club, some very hard.

I don't trust him not to give more of my dosh to Doyen and Abdi, Urby et al.

Happy to  cough up - but would like a real say , via equal voting shares. 

39 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

You gonna Bramall Lane? We are a captive audience so really important Fans' get a say - see German model.

As a rich kid, Chansiri doesn't understand how hard most Owls work to fund the club, some very hard.

I understand your feelings regarding this but I don't think it would effect buying and selling players.

1 Chansiri would always have the majority of shares and therefore the majority vote.

2. Normally share holders only get to vote on major decisions affecting the running of a business. I wouldn't think any voting would take place regards buying players or their contracts etc.

3. Even if voting  did take place regards buying players, how many different views would there be ? 

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, fred mciver said:

And you have the option of not going to Hillsborough if you aren't happy and i would never go to the stain. 

As i mentioned earlier it's took us  30 years to sort out the fall out from the last share scheme. That was down to the fact we were skint. DC is not skint so for me should remain in sole control. You only have to see the amount of differing opinions on here to see giving votes to fans would create havoc. 

21 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

And you have the option of not going to Hillsborough if you aren't happy and i would never go to the stain. 

As i mentioned earlier it's took us  30 years to sort out the fall out from the last share scheme. That was down to the fact we were skint. DC is not skint so for me should remain in sole control. You only have to see the amount of differing opinions on here to see giving votes to fans would create havoc. 

Dem ten bob millionaires want to be important again innit 

On 19/01/2019 at 10:32, The Captain58 said:

Me and my son had 500 shares each we lost them when MM took over, who's to say it wouldn`t happen again?

There is nothing to say that that won't happen again.

However, when MM took over the deal was done as though the club was in administration. It saved us a 10 point deduction but valued the club at nil.

You gambled and lost. LIke most that invest in football sadly.

19 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Trevor, is that you? Yeah, like I'm not gonna Hillsborough after 50 years.

The last share scheme included a 19th century clause in original shares for a seat in old South Stand, plus a lady or child.

Any new scheme via a simple IPO would be no problem , except for Chansiri.

And his dictatorship has already caused havoc and taken us to brink disaster and not being '...a going concern..' (Auditor's comment in last report).   

Dortmund and Bayern have squillions of voting members and that works out fine.

I don't want my £49 going to Abdi's , what , £30,000 per week (or  £1 million per FIRST team match). 

Edited by fred mciver

53 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Trevor, is that you? Yeah, like I'm not gonna Hillsborough after 50 years.

The last share scheme included a 19th century clause in original shares for a seat in old South Stand, plus a lady or child.

Any new scheme via a simple IPO would be no problem , except for Chansiri.

And his dictatorship has already caused havoc and taken us to brink disaster and not being '...a going concern..' (Auditor's comment in last report).   

Dortmund and Bayern have squillions of voting members and that works out fine.

I don't want my £49 going to Abdi's , what , £30,000 per week (or  £1 million per FIRST team match). 

Dortmund and Bayern have squillions of voting members and that works out fine. Who are allowed to vote at AGM's and EGM's.

I don't want my £49 going to Abdi's , what , £30,000 per week (or  £1 million per FIRST team match). Which wouldn't be voted on anyway.

On 22/01/2019 at 14:44, Hookowl said:

Dortmund and Bayern have squillions of voting members and that works out fine. Who are allowed to vote at AGM's and EGM's.

I don't want my £49 going to Abdi's , what , £30,000 per week (or  £1 million per FIRST team match). Which wouldn't be voted on anyway.

All German footy members are allowed to vote, for example on CEO to run club.

So, you only vote for candidate who has nous not to buy Abdi or contact with Doyen for scouting while they are also agents for your players. 

Now, we can really only influence Chansiri by not going -ie the 5,000 spectators lost from last season.

3 hours ago, fred mciver said:

All German footy members are allowed to vote, for example on CEO to run club.

So, you only vote for candidate who has nous not to buy Abdi or contact with Doyen for scouting while they are also agents for your players. 

Now, we can really only influence Chansiri by not going -ie the 5,000 spectators lost from last season.

Of course all voting members have a vote, but a voting result is carried by a majority.

Chansiri would still have the majority of shares and therefore the majority vote.

18 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Of course all voting members have a vote, but a voting result is carried by a majority.

Chansiri would still have the majority of shares and therefore the majority vote.

But as you've seen with Bruce and Radio Sheffield, he will change policy if given enough grief , say at a shareholders' meeting.

Also, with a share you have far more legal rights to ensure good governance of a company / club.