Fresh Fan Investment: New Share Offer

As things stand with P&S at the moment we can theoretically lose up to £39m over a rolling 3 year period (average £13m per year) as long as DC keeps bankrolling the deficit. 

If we fans were to let's say own 20% of the club after a share issue, DC would be well within his rights to ask us to fork out £2.6m per season on average as our contribution towards the deficit.

4 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Many of us are now very reluctant to shell out further and up to £49 per game to fund Doyen, Abdi , Urby et al. without a greater say in how this still mighty club is run and funded.

Like B shares many of us bought circa 1978, Chansiri could now issue a new share offer -  with VOTING rights - as this would raise cash we need and involve fan base more.

For example, 20,000 new shares x £750 each would raise the £15,000,000 we now need to avoid FFP embargo. 

It would also mean we could keep both our ground and best - and motivated -players (instead of a fire sale).

Further, it would give time and funds for Bruce to trade us outa this mess and into EPL.

Like in 78, new shareholders would then get a 10% discount for 10 years on season and match day tickets, plus merchandise and catering.

OK, I know it's a big ask but surely better than £1,500 for a chipped South Stand brick or some daft 1867 club etc with no real benefits.   

And we'd get a real say in how club's run.

Alternatively DC could issue an additional number of share which account for a 10% stake in the club that he owns 100% of and fans could buy these shares to own a little bit of their own club as I had in the past and gave up to Milan some years ago when he became chairman. I wasn't bothered with the money I lost I just wanted to own a small bit of my club.

This would bring money into the club from either local business or fans who would then own a bit of the club for their investment. The shares would be valued at the price that the current chairman has them at whatever that is and when we get promoted he can repurchase them from us if he wishes to retian 100% of the ownership when he is able to spend more money with no FFP issues.

This plan has a lot better way of happening that fans loaning £2,000 each on the off chance we get promoted.

20 minutes ago, mogbad said:

As things stand with P&S at the moment we can theoretically lose up to £39m over a rolling 3 year period (average £13m per year) as long as DC keeps bankrolling the deficit. 

If we fans were to let's say own 20% of the club after a share issue, DC would be well within his rights to ask us to fork out £2.6m per season on average as our contribution towards the deficit.

He's already asking us to fork out vast sums for his mistakes. Without a say.

On income now, we could link this to early season ticket renewals, including new 3 year deals at their total discount of 30%. 

And if fans aren't aleady impportant, how come he's virtually begging us for cash now with daft schemes. But no voice.

I'm happy to fund club/ him, but want a vote and to question on Doyen etc .  

Edited by fred mciver

32 minutes ago, Barry Smegson said:

Issuance of share capital doesn't count towards revenue, so would have no impact on FFP.

So link to early season ticket renewals, including 3 year deals (so with full 30% discount).

This would then really help with FFP.

And also bring fans say into club , including some real experts like Wilko, Hattersley, Strafford,  etc to help DC.

And a simple voting share structure , unlike old mess Milan had to sought. 

Now, let's see how serious Chansiri is about more dosh from fans.

Edited by fred mciver

6 hours ago, Prince said:

Desperate times indeed. The only solution is to sell who ever we get a decent offer for on the playing staff and build again.

Fans are not able to provide the sorts of funds required to make any sort of dent in the black hole we have it seems for P&S. We need to be run prudently and not desperately lurching from one call flow crisis to another.

Of course, you're right mate.

But gotta feeling either our top players go this Jan or the ground freehold soon.

And we just can't trust Chansiri with our dosh, without ability to influence him.

He's spunked £80 million away, half from fans. 

7 hours ago, s.armo said:

Can I have mine and my son's back aprox £3,000 that I handed over for free to MM .I have had a season ticket for well over 40 years my son for nearly 30 years. Paid years ago to have our names on our seats. Now in the last year of my 3 year season ticket and bought last summer a 5 year ticket. Shall I buy some more shares ?????? or do I give enough to my club ?????

If you were a true fan youd have paid on the gate for every match. Tight git! lol

I don’t know if Roy Hattersley, the 86 year old former MP, is really the kind of expertise we’ll need to queue up for but I agree that a CEO with an actual remit and a progressive technical director is what we need. I don’t care who those people support.

38 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

But gotta feeling either our top players go this Jan or the ground freehold soon.

And we just can't trust Chansiri with our dosh, without ability to influence him.

Not sure where you got those figures from mate. 

If as posted share issues have have no impact on ffp, then that’s a no go anyway.

so how does he raise a substantial amount within ffp? I’m happy to contribute to the club, already do so, but would want more than a name on th3 seat I already pay a small fortune for. He really needs to come up with something clever now.

8 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Many of us are now very reluctant to shell out further and up to £49 per game to fund Doyen, Abdi , Urby et al. without a greater say in how this still mighty club is run and funded.

Like B shares many of us bought circa 1978, Chansiri could now issue a new share offer -  with VOTING rights - as this would raise cash we need and involve fan base more.

For example, 20,000 new shares x £750 each would raise the £15,000,000 we now need to avoid FFP embargo. 

It would also mean we could keep both our ground and best - and motivated -players (instead of a fire sale).

Further, it would give time and funds for Bruce to trade us outa this mess and into EPL.

Like in 78, new shareholders would then get a 10% discount for 10 years on season and match day tickets, plus merchandise and catering.

OK, I know it's a big ask but surely better than £1,500 for a chipped South Stand brick or some daft 1867 club etc with no real benefits.   

Exactly this ......we need to know what the target is, and if the fans are bearing the brunt then they need more than an extended season ticket with a few bolt ons

He's basically saying he's messed up and dosnt want to have another go at getting out the leauge, and he would like the fans to pay even more so he can lose abit less out his pocket each year

If his plan is to hold on to the players we have so we have the talent to stay in the division and just ride out FFP or hope the rules change then fine am all for it tbh..

Just don't have the cheek to ask for more money and talk about family.. some fans will actually pay their hard earned money thinking it will make a difference 

Edited by keepitsteel89

Appreciate he's shelled out some money. Thanks Chairman. But you haven't done it for the love of the club. You've done it for your own ego, and the hope of minting on a return to the Prem.

The fans, however, have shelled out a larger percentage, per income, than you ever will.... and all we ask for is a little decent football to cheer. No reward other than that.

How many more times are the fans going to be fleeced, and rewarded with abject failure and bad management decisions ?

Maybe he needs to be looking at more long term corporate deals. Buy a corporate  box for 3 seasons also as others have said make matchday meals more affordable. Get some different adverts on those flipping boards as well.

2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

We need Dem Ten Bob Millionaires  any ideas lol 

9 hours ago, fred mciver said:

The idea sounds good assuming you can get 20,000 fans to invest £750 each.

The problem is that the majority shareholder (DC) could quite easily offer a further share issue watering down the percentage of shares. In effect making the £750 shares virtually worthless.

I'm not saying he would, I'm saying he could.

I don't think for 1 minute that DC would adopt such a strategy as the OP suggested. I'm not knocking it, I just don't think that DC would entertain such a deal.

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

The idea sounds good assuming you can get 20,000 fans to invest £750 each.

The problem is that the majority shareholder (DC) could quite easily offer a further share issue watering down the percentage of shares. In effect making the £750 shares virtually worthless.

I'm not saying he would, I'm saying he could.

I don't think for 1 minute that DC would adopt such a strategy as the OP suggested. I'm not knocking it, I just don't think that DC would entertain such a deal.

He wouldn't entertain it because 20,000 people don't have 750 pound to spend.

It's not a bad idea. Its just way out of price range of the average fan.