Fresh Fan Investment: New Share Offer

Guest Willow Owl

A good idea in theory but look at the grief it caused previously, Its took us 30 years to get sorted. You only have to look at the number of differing opinions on here to see giving voting rights would be mayhem. Can you imagine the forums. 

For me root cause of the issue is the EFL and FFP. DC and the club have money to spend not like in the seventies when we were broke (save our Owls etc). 

Plus you would still get the too expensive brigade. if they were a quid I'd buy them,but not paying £750.

The club would be better off 

1) Selling a few players which would generate an instant income, reduce wages and outgoings

2) Making corporate sales more attractive, how much does a two course lunch and a exec box really cost the club for 90mins? Could they make those £500 instead of £1500+ ?

3) Advertising rates is just a no brainier, money for next to nothing. 

Why we we would opt for anything before exhausting these avenues is a mystery 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

The club would be better off 

1) Selling a few players which would generate an instant income, reduce wages and outgoings

2) Making corporate sales more attractive, how much does a two course lunch and a exec box really cost the club for 90mins? Could they make those £500 instead of £1500+ ?

3) Advertising rates is just a no brainier, money for next to nothing. 

Why we we would opt for anything before exhausting these avenues is a mystery 

I would imagine we probably have. But for some reason we can't seem to get it right.

But I don't think it's as easy to do as it may seem or it would have been done.

There are only a handful of clubs out there that get this stop on.

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

It's brutal given the amount he's personally invested but I don't believe DC has exhibited anywhere near enough business acumen to convince people to invest in shares.

Yes agree with this.

Would like to ask the people who say they support Chansiri and trust him, do you trust him with £1,000 of your own money for a revised 1867 scheme?

To be fair though until we get full details of the scheme you cant really criticise it, although must be a lot different from the last one to have any hope of success.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Selling players here seems to be the only quick fix There will be zero take up if DC tries to rehash that scheme again, frustration and embarrassment in equal measures

Please someone explain to me why the club is so reluctant to sell a few players? Its football, this is what happens. 

Edited by matthefish2002

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Please someone explain to me why the club is so reluctant to sell a few players? Its football, this is what happens. 

It’s bizarre, we are over half way through the window, and there’s been no movement, in or out There are some clubs who have completed 6 or 7 deals by now A couple of major sales early in the window, would have allowed Bruce the rest of the month to rebuild his squad with frees and loans Then, even if we couldn’t cover the deficit, we’d at least be seen to be doing something about it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dumboldowl said:

Along with many other supporters I bought several thousand pounds worth of shares in the last issue, with the impression that I was helping the club in some small way.

Along with many other supporters I voluntarily forfeited my shares when MM bought the club for £1, under the impression that I was again helping the club in some small way.

I don't think I will be making the same mistake a third time, and I suspect that many more supporters won't be either.

P.S. If the people who got us into the mess in the first place, but maintained their rights to repayment upon our return to the Premier League, that might ease the embargo situation slightly.

I'm still waiting for my share of that £1  :biggrin:

I've been thinking about this for sometime  I loved owning just a minuscule part  and  yes I'd probably fall for it again  but I'd want to see a proper structure to a proper board  not virtual yes men/woman  and that under this owner aint going to happen 

21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

DC said at one of the forums (if reported correctly) that selling players in January wouldn't help our P&S position

As afar as I know he wasn't pressed to elaborate on why not

The problem to me seems to be that Chansiri wants to charge premier league prices for tickets, corporate, advertising etc for a championship product. Could it be that he doesn't want to get tied into contracts that would mean people paying championship prices for a premier league product should we get promoted?

1 minute ago, darra said:

The problem to me seems to be that Chansiri wants to charge premier league prices for tickets, corporate, advertising etc for a championship product. Could it be that he doesn't want to get tied into contracts that would mean people paying championship prices for a premier league product should we get promoted?

Don’t think he needs to be worrying about that for a while

1 hour ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

DC said at one of the forums (if reported correctly) that selling players in January wouldn't help our P&S position

As afar as I know he wasn't pressed to elaborate on why not

I'm sure someone cough MK will supply the expected amortisation span for each player and how that figures re selling them to get best benefit from P&S

That statement implies we won't benefit , so I agree the question is  why is that ?   And if so is it the case that a percentage of any fee achieved isn't ours anyway ? As is the case in alleged dealings with our recruitment advisors at other clubs 

I wonder how many of us would accept selling our saleable players to get on an even keel ?  I would  

I don’t think it’s a good idea involving the fans again in running the club? I know things aren’t great at the moment but I prefer it with just the one person making the decisions even though they might not always be the best ones?

Prior to MM the biggest obstacle to investment in our club appeared to be our fragmented ownership.  Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the large shareholder base the main stumbling block for a big investor coming buying us.  I believe DC owns 100% of the club; assuming he’ll want to sell the club at some stage in time, surely it makes it a much easier sale if he’s the only shareholder?