Fresh Fan Investment: New Share Offer

Many of us are now very reluctant to shell out further and up to £49 per game to fund Doyen, Abdi , Urby et al. without a greater say in how this still mighty club is run and funded.

Like B shares many of us bought circa 1978, Chansiri could now issue a new share offer -  with VOTING rights - as this would raise cash we need and involve fan base more.

For example, 20,000 new shares x £750 each would raise the £15,000,000 we now need to avoid FFP embargo. 

It would also mean we could keep both our ground and best - and motivated -players (instead of a fire sale).

Further, it would give time and funds for Bruce to trade us outa this mess and into EPL.

Like in 78, new shareholders would then get a 10% discount for 10 years on season and match day tickets, plus merchandise and catering.

OK, I know it's a big ask but surely better than £1,500 for a chipped South Stand brick or some daft 1867 club etc with no real benefits.   

And we'd get a real say in how club's run.

Edited by fred mciver
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Whilst I like the idea I'm not sure it would fix FFP. Chansiri could rejig the shares to invest more himself but I think we need to raise external revenue, hence club 1867 you actually got something on day 1 so that it could be recognised as revenue

3 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Good idea but no way will you get 20,000 people interested in paying another £750 out.

Fair point but we sold 20,000 season tickets last season and - if they buy a share and renew - they'd get back £500 over 10 years .

And not just about dosh - also how club's managed. He still needs help.

Edited by fred mciver

Said this in the other thread. It would need to be a small percentage though to prevent the issues that previously arose. But if Mr C seriously wants to put more money into the club if he does as you suggest but issues a further 80000 to be. Ought by him and his family that would raise 80 m. Not sure if this is allowable under ffp though?

2 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Good idea but no way will you get 20,000 people interested in paying another £750 out.

Well you certainly won’t get 20000 paying it for a plaque. If this gave in a small amount of control back to the fans, and discounting on season tickets I think the take up would be good. I know I would.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what initiatives we look at because FFP/P&S is completely flawed

and unworkable. It's also completely unfair. I'm pretty sure if it was ever challenged high in the courts

then it would be viewed as such. The parachute payments make it as noncompetitive as competition law gets.

• Like 3

all this pay me now and get 10% 20% off in future will impact us for years to come with lower revenue , this is what chansiri did when he sold 1-2-3-4-5 year season tickets a lot of that money was spent now we have less income due to this ,though I know this can be averaged out on spreadsheets etc for the accounts, everything chansiri said and done was to get us to premier league now it turned out it was all just to stop us going down lol 

• Haha 1

Can I have mine and my son's back aprox £3,000 that I handed over for free to MM .I have had a season ticket for well over 40 years my son for nearly 30 years. Paid years ago to have our names on our seats. Now in the last year of my 3 year season ticket and bought last summer a 5 year ticket. Shall I buy some more shares ?????? or do I give enough to my club ?????

• Like 4

I don't think Chansiri would be willing to have a share issue and give up some of his power in how the clubs run.

From his point of view he has poured millions into Wednesday and for that he wants the first and last say in everything.

The OP is a good idea in theory but I doubt 500 people will have £750 spare for something like this rather than 20,000.

Finances in football are way beyond now a group of average supporters making a difference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, s.armo said:

Can I have mine and my son's back aprox £3,000 that I handed over for free to MM .I have had a season ticket for well over 40 years my son for nearly 30 years. Paid years ago to have our names on our seats. Now in the last year of my 3 year season ticket and bought last summer a 5 year ticket. Shall I buy some more shares ?????? or do I give enough to my club ?????

Think youve done your bit but it shows the love you must have for the club. People like you make me proud to be a Wednesdsyite. 

• Like 1

Along with many other supporters I bought several thousand pounds worth of shares in the last issue, with the impression that I was helping the club in some small way.

Along with many other supporters I voluntarily forfeited my shares when MM bought the club for £1, under the impression that I was again helping the club in some small way.

I don't think I will be making the same mistake a third time, and I suspect that many more supporters won't be either.

P.S. If the people who got us into the mess in the first place, but maintained their rights to repayment upon our return to the Premier League, that might ease the embargo situation slightly.

Desperate times indeed. The only solution is to sell who ever we get a decent offer for on the playing staff and build again.

Fans are not able to provide the sorts of funds required to make any sort of dent in the black hole we have it seems for P&S. We need to be run prudently and not desperately lurching from one call flow crisis to another.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

all this pay me now and get 10% 20% off in future will impact us for years to come with lower revenue

Not if it comes with the promise of a Premier League season ticket!

:Chansiri: