Joao wins goal of the month

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

if reach`s goal of the season didn't get beat by all those villa supporters voting for McGinn`s goal we would have won 4 out of 5 goal of the month awards. just need to create chances in the box now 

If my Nan had balls .... lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

if reach`s goal of the season didn't get beat by all those villa supporters voting for McGinn`s goal we would have won 4 out of 5 goal of the month awards. just need to create chances in the box now 

Only one league game left for us to score a screamer to enter January's goal of the month.  Shoot on sight, Adam.

That’s one hell of a strike.  Just another reminder of the potential Joao has to become a top class player. Very few pros will have the ability to hit a ball as hard and accurately as that shot.  Out of all the players in our squad I believe Joao has all the qualities to go all the way - I reckon the only possible question is whether he believes it himself. 

9 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

That’s one hell of a strike.  Just another reminder of the potential Joao has to become a top class player. Very few pros will have the ability to hit a ball as hard and accurately as that shot.  Out of all the players in our squad I believe Joao has all the qualities to go all the way - I reckon the only possible question is whether he believes it himself. 

Potential??? He’s 25 and played 180 professional games...he should be hitting his peak. His time as a “potential” as gone. 

Fingers crossed he can stay fit now and get a good run of games under his belt.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Potential??? He’s 25 and played 180 professional games...he should be hitting his peak. His time as a “potential” as gone. 

I hear what you’re saying, but not all players mature and peak at the same age. Arguably Rooney and Owen peaked in their late teens, but others need more time to build confidence and ability. I guess Vardy would be a prime example.

Personally I feel there’s still a better player in Joao than what we’ve seen thus far. I hope Bruce can give him the belief to go onto the next level. Based on the financial constraints at our club, it’s more important than ever to realise the full potential of what we’ve got already. I think Joao could be a beast of a forward at the Championship level if he believes it himself.

43 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

If a 32-year-old Leon Clarke can suddenly become a deadly Championship forward, then I reckon João still has time to realise his potential.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Weve clearly been going for quality over quantity this season!