Can you justify?

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

Could you justify selling him. For example showing how you would replace and move club forward. Personally I could not as any likely replacement would cost more money or you would have to accept another weak position in team. £10 million goes nowhere nowadays.

I'm pretty sure we could find somebody with the ability to disappear from games, nesh tackles but score the occasional worldly for a lot less than £10m.

52 minutes ago, Quist said:

Could you justify selling him. For example showing how you would replace and move club forward. Personally I could not as any likely replacement would cost more money or you would have to accept another weak position in team. £10 million goes nowhere nowadays.

Apart from helping to get you out of the FFP mire eh? 

I dont think we have a choice other than to sell unless we fancy a big fine and points deduction.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

5 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

We were once touting £10m-£15m for FF and now we'd be lucky if someone offered us £3m.

Different stages of their career and different players admittedly but same song and dance. We can hold onto whatever delusional aspirations we want, or we can cash in and lift some weight off the clubs shoulders while we can.

If the club is in such a mess and the Chairman needs help to the extent that he's dropping 10pm "drunk texts" half way through January then we should snap anyone's hands off for £10m.

I know we are down about things but no way in hell we would only get 3 million for FF.

Could still get 10 million as he isnt poo and hasnt done anything for us in 100 years like many think.

15 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

I highly doubt we'll accept circa £10m without a replacement in mind.

IMO, we need to keep Reach if we can and build the team around him. He's been by far our best player the last 18 months.

I'd rather sell FF and Rhodes.

Sadly FF is a crock and Rhodes is a bit of a spent force so would get nowhere near what we would for Reach and we need to balance the books.

16 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

I highly doubt we'll accept circa £10m without a replacement in mind.

IMO, we need to keep Reach if we can and build the team around him. He's been by far our best player the last 18 months.

I'd rather sell FF and Rhodes.

Reach scores the occasional screamer but can be limited a lot of the time. What other noticeable attribute does he have

He wouldnt shine in a good team but would merely fit in.

FF is a much better talent and is worth holding on to.

2 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I know we are down about things but no way in hell we would only get 3 million for FF.

Could still get 10 million as he isnt poo and hasnt done anything for us in 100 years like many think.

FF is injury prone, about to hit 30 and comes with a lot if baggage.

No way would we get £5m never mind £10m now clubs know we need the money.

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

FF is injury prone, about to hit 30 and comes with a lot if baggage.

No way would we get £5m never mind £10m now clubs know we need the money.

Yeah so he had loads of injuries first two seasons... then had a operation like many do. Ok so picked up an injury this season but would have played more if it wasnt for Jos.

Madine went for 6million and had baggage.

Our fans just like to turn on players

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sadly FF is a crock and Rhodes is a bit of a spent force so would get nowhere near what we would for Reach and we need to balance the books.

I agree on both counts, and we won't recoup all the money we spent on them - especially as both will be in the final year of their contracts next summer (and I doubt we'll let them run down, and they both leave for nothing.)

I'll take £10m for Reach if offered and a replacement (whoever that may be) to see us through the season.

3 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yeah so he had loads of injuries first two seasons... then had a operation like many do. Ok so picked up an injury this season but would have played more if it wasnt for Jos.

Madine went for 6million and had baggage.

Our fans just like to turn on players

He has started less then 1/4 of games since the play off final through injuries, suspension and managers not trusting him.

All reasons for clubs not wanting to pay big money for him.

Edited by matthefish2002

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

He has started less then 1/4 of games since thr play off final through injuries, suspension and managers notvtrusting him.

All reasons for clubs not wanting to pay big money for him.

He had an operation and 2 poor managers not using him correctly. I wouldnt trust post 2016 Carlos or Jos to run a bath. They mismanaged plenty of players and froze some out. As for suspensions all players get them

I dont get a lot of our fans. Always want to drive out talented players

19 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

We will work round it.

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

He had an operation and 2 poor managers not using him correctly. I wouldnt trust post 2016 Carlos or Jos to run a bath. They mismanaged plenty of players and froze some out. As for suspensions all players get them

I dont get a lot of our fans. Always want to drive out talented players

Was not talking about driving him out just giving reasons why I doubt other clubs would pay big money for him especially as other clubs know we have FFP issues.

Edited by matthefish2002

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Our problem is every club knows we are screwed with FFP, and desperate for money  ,and no one will offer us his true value.

Don’t sell him then. If the only reason to sell him is to ease FFP but the money we get for him isn’t enough to do that then what’s the point in selling him? We maybe mugs but we shouldn’t be flipping stupid about it.

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Our problem is every club knows we are screwed with FFP, and desperate for money  ,and no one will offer us his true value.

True, and we actively go offering him to clubs thay have shown an interest it smacks of desperation so clubs will try and take the p1ss.