Who is still under contract next season??

5 hours ago, striker said:

Dawson (2020) - keep

Wildsmith (2022) - keep

Baker (2020) - keep as back up, prem loan as first choie RB

Lees (2021) - keep unless offer received

Thorniley (2021) - keep

Penney (2020) - keep as back up in proper position, prem loan as first choice LB

van Aken (2021) - looks like he available for sale/loan

Fox (2020) - sell, wont be a big wage, nominal fee

Bannan (2021) - keep unless offer received, big offer

Hutchinson (2020) - nobody else will take him, so here for his 20 or so games per season, decent option when fit

Reach (2021) - keep, but most likely to sell re FFP

Pelupessy (2020) - squad

Stobbs (2020) - squad / loan

Kirby (2020 - squad / loan

Winnall (2020) - keep

Forestieri (2020) - keep, cant see any takers for enough money

Nuhiu (2020)  - sell / loan

Joao (2021) - keep

Fletcher (2020) - no option but to keep unless offers, could do with wages off books

Rhodes (2020) - sell / loan, seems to want to stay at Norwich and they want him

I'm sure trimming the squad back to the 16 players noted above complies with FFP, particularly as most wont be on big money. if not, we may as well give up.

Think Bruce will have to deal predominantly in the PL loan market, no bad thing when looking at the better players in this league in recent times. We're allowed 5, so assuming Hector back on loan, leaves 2 wing backs, midfielder and a striker with cheap buys, ie the likes of those linked in Scotland or u23's plugging the gaps.

Expect all out of contract players to leave, van aken and Rhodes most likely to be out probably on loan and may need to sell bannan or reach to balance the books, in which case would hope to be able to reinvest some of the fee in a replacement.

We don't have the luxury of 2 experienced players per position due to idiotic FFP restrictions, were going to have to concentrate on a competitive first 11 and use squad players, as per their purpose,  to come in and do a job as needed from the u23's.

Yes but doesn’t all that need to be done in this transfer window to avoid a further embargo

As long as Hooper, Lee and Abdi go that'll be a good start.  

If anybody wants to pay good money for FF that's fine too, and we obviously expect Westwood to move on.

Most have done well in the past but no room for sentiment, this stale squad needs a huge clear out and we now have a great opportunity to do it. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, james o connor said:

I’d happily sell Forestieri he’s a waste of time . Nobody would want him though . All the players out of contract can go . I’d happily take decent money for reach and Bannan . Good players individually , but don’t impose themselves on games nearly enough 

I agree with the second part of your post but calling Forestieri a waste of time makes no sense to me. One of the few players we have that create things.

30 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I agree with the second part of your post but calling Forestieri a waste of time makes no sense to me. One of the few players we have that create things.

And in the last 2 years what has he done ? Been mainly injured , scored a handful of goals and had a spat with some Mansfield town players. Not exactly star player credentials is it 

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

He last contributed anything regularly in 2016, has talent but we gain nothing from it. Doesn't help himself by being an idiot either.

Was a snip at £3 million and his first season was top class, but definitely time to get shut of him if we can.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, james o connor said:

And in the last 2 years what has he done ? Been mainly injured , scored a handful of goals and had a spat with some Mansfield town players. Not exactly star player credentials is it 

Just an honest question mate, but do you ever praise any of our players? All I’ve seen from you is criticism. Just wondering...

We’ve got enough to stay up just about with the team below even if we sell Reach and release all the out of contracts

Dawson

Hutchinson.       Lees.        Thorniley

Baker.           Pelupessy.            Bannan.           Penney

Joao.            Fletcher.        Forestieri 

Wildsmith

Fox

Van Aken

Kirby

Winnall

Nuhiu

Rhodes

Really weak in wide areas but if we can get through this season and next, then we can reshape the squad in 20/21 season and we would have circa 20 million plus scope for players if the chairman wants to give it another go within FFP/ P&S

Edited by Box_Man

This is the current situation on contracts

Abdi - June 2019

Bannon - June 2021

Boyd - June 2019

Dawson - June 2020

Fletcher Steven - June 2020

Forestieri - June 2020 

Fox - June 2019

Hector - June 2019 (Season Loan)

Hooper - June 2019 

Hutchinson - June 2019

Joao, Lucas - June 2021

Jones, David - June 2019

Kirkby - June 2020

Lee - June 2019

Lee Jack - June 2020

Lees - June 2021   

Matias, Marco - June 2019

Nuhiu - June 2020 

O’Grady - June 2019

Onomah - June 2019 (Season Loan)

Palmer - June 2019

Penney - June 2020

Preston - June 2019

Pulupessy - June 2020

Pudil - June 2019

Rhodes - June 2021

Reach - June 2021

Stobbs - June 2020

Thorniley - June 2021

Van Aken - June 2021

Westwood - June 2019 

Wildsmith - June 2022

Winnall - June 2020

estimated weekly salaries for those out of contract in the summer approx £200k, over £10M per year !!!

On 17/01/2019 at 11:35, LiamK2292 said:

Dawson (2020)

Wildsmith (2022)

Baker (2020)

Lees (2021)

Thorniley (2021)

Penney (2020)

van Aken (2021)

Fox (2020)

Bannan (2021)

Hutchinson (2020)

Reach (2021)

Pelupessy (2020)

Stobbs (2020)

Kirby (2020)

Winnall (2020)

Forestieri (2020)

Nuhiu (2020)

Joao (2021)

Fletcher (2020)

Rhodes (2020)

Massive clearout the following season too. We best get some freebies lined up quickly