Who is still under contract next season??

11 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Dawson

Wildsmith

Baker

Lees

Thorniley 

Penny

Van Aken

Bannan

Hutchinson

Reach

Pelupessy

Winnall

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Joao

Am I right in thinking these are the players who have featured who are still under contract for next season?

Fletcher 

47 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Dawson

Wildsmith

Baker

Lees

Thorniley 

Penny

Van Aken

Bannan

Hutchinson

Reach

Pelupessy

Winnall

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Joao

Am I right in thinking these are the players who have featured who are still under contract for next season?

Plus Fletcher & Rhodes. 

Sell Van Aken, Nuhui, Reach and Rhodes.

Sign RB, LB, CB, 2 x CM, RW, LW, RLW, CF

Young, fast, energetic players and were good to go.

Football Manager is easy sometimes.

48 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Dawson

Wildsmith

Baker

Lees

Thorniley 

Penny

Van Aken

Bannan

Hutchinson

Reach

Pelupessy

Winnall

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Joao

The base of a very good squad if added to properly. Get reach off the books, use the money to sort FFP out. Any extra give to bruce to work some magic, some quality loans with the wages we're saving and a few frees and we can rebuild. Aim for a top 10 season next year and build again

I'd happily see any players leave at this stage in order to get us out of FFP mess. Reach is not consistently good enough and anyone offering £10m, it's a no brainer. I'd let Bannan go if a bid that helps us comes in. I love the guy but he's physically too weak and we still have not bought that CM that can work with him. FF, not fit enough consistently enough, again if a bid came in that helps us deal with FFP, I'd do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Box_Man said:

Dawson

Wildsmith

Baker

Lees

Thorniley 

Penny

Van Aken

Bannan

Hutchinson

Reach

Pelupessy

Winnall

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Joao

Fox is also until Jan 2020 I think

I have thought for some time that it should be relatively easy to get out from under P &S/FFP.

A wheeling dealing manager of the Ron Atkinson type would use the transfer market to trade the club out of its problems.

Looking at Bruce’s record in the transfer market he’s done quite well in that respect.

He should be allowed the freedom to do this even if it means ditching Chansiri’s advisor(S)

Dawson (2020)

Wildsmith (2022)

Baker (2020)

Lees (2021)

Thorniley (2021)

Penney (2020)

van Aken (2021)

Fox (2020)

Bannan (2021)

Hutchinson (2020)

Reach (2021)

Pelupessy (2020)

Stobbs (2020)

Kirby (2020)

Winnall (2020)

Forestieri (2020)

Nuhiu (2020)

Joao (2021)

Fletcher (2020)

Rhodes (2020)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

I have thought for some time that it should be relatively easy to get out from under P &S/FFP.

A wheeling dealing manager of the Ron Atkinson type would use the transfer market to trade the club out of its problems.

Looking at Bruce’s record in the transfer market he’s done quite well in that respect.

He should be allowed the freedom to do this even if it means ditching Chansiri’s advisor(S)

Trouble is Bruce doesn't start until after the end of this transfer period.

So by the time he starts if we haven't sold anyone we're liable to be under an embargo.

57 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Trouble is Bruce doesn't start until after the end of this transfer period.

So by the time he starts if we haven't sold anyone we're liable to be under an embargo.

Unless we come up with a different funding plan.

However that may have been the basis of yesterday's statement....

• Like 1

Dawson (2020) - keep

Wildsmith (2022) - keep

Baker (2020) - keep as back up, prem loan as first choie RB

Lees (2021) - keep unless offer received

Thorniley (2021) - keep

Penney (2020) - keep as back up in proper position, prem loan as first choice LB

van Aken (2021) - looks like he available for sale/loan

Fox (2020) - sell, wont be a big wage, nominal fee

Bannan (2021) - keep unless offer received, big offer

Hutchinson (2020) - nobody else will take him, so here for his 20 or so games per season, decent option when fit

Reach (2021) - keep, but most likely to sell re FFP

Pelupessy (2020) - squad

Stobbs (2020) - squad / loan

Kirby (2020 - squad / loan

Winnall (2020) - keep

Forestieri (2020) - keep, cant see any takers for enough money

Nuhiu (2020)  - sell / loan

Joao (2021) - keep

Fletcher (2020) - no option but to keep unless offers, could do with wages off books

Rhodes (2020) - sell / loan, seems to want to stay at Norwich and they want him

I'm sure trimming the squad back to the 16 players noted above complies with FFP, particularly as most wont be on big money. if not, we may as well give up.

Think Bruce will have to deal predominantly in the PL loan market, no bad thing when looking at the better players in this league in recent times. We're allowed 5, so assuming Hector back on loan, leaves 2 wing backs, midfielder and a striker with cheap buys, ie the likes of those linked in Scotland or u23's plugging the gaps.

Expect all out of contract players to leave, van aken and Rhodes most likely to be out probably on loan and may need to sell bannan or reach to balance the books, in which case would hope to be able to reinvest some of the fee in a replacement.

We don't have the luxury of 2 experienced players per position due to idiotic FFP restrictions, were going to have to concentrate on a competitive first 11 and use squad players, as per their purpose,  to come in and do a job as needed from the u23's.

• Like 1

I think with the FFP being a pressing issue, so we have to sell some players even though Bruce has yet to take the reigns fully is why agnew and clemance have come in early. Its possibly there job to give a detailed players report back to Bruce to allow him to make the decisions on who he wants here next year and who to tell their agent to do his job and try nag a move away. 

44 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Personally I'd like to keep a few of the out of contract players. I think we will do too.

We won't be able to replace them all if we release everyone. It's just whether we can afford too/are allowed to either way.

I really hope we don’t, this is a great opportunity to rebuild the squad, whether that is through purchases, frees, loans or promotion from youth ranks. There’s a lot out of contract in 2020 as well, hoping in a couple of years we’ll have a young hungry squad with a bit of pace assembled on a sensible budget. There’s other teams out there that manage this, no reason we can’t.

5 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

I really hope we don’t, this is a great opportunity to rebuild the squad, whether that is through purchases, frees, loans or promotion from youth ranks. There’s a lot out of contract in 2020 as well, hoping in a couple of years we’ll have a young hungry squad with a bit of pace assembled on a sensible budget. There’s other teams out there that manage this, no reason we can’t.

Agree, we need change. FFP demands for a start, but need a major refresh in this squad in terms of attributes and mentally.

22 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

I agree pal I really do.

But where are we gonna find 2 right backs for bext to nothing in the summer? I think Palmer will stay as back up for another year. Baker isn't good enough.

There's a few others too.

3 hours ago, LiamK2292 said:

Dawson (2020)

Wildsmith (2022)

Baker (2020)

Lees (2021)

Thorniley (2021)

Penney (2020)

van Aken (2021)

Fox (2020)

Bannan (2021)

Hutchinson (2020)

Reach (2021)

Pelupessy (2020)

Stobbs (2020)

Kirby (2020)

Winnall (2020)

Forestieri (2020)

Nuhiu (2020)

Joao (2021)

Fletcher (2020)

Rhodes (2020)

Looks like it could be another season before we can really freshen up the forward department?

We need to shake up defence and midfield if at all possible?

8 hours ago, Box_Man said:

Dawson

Wildsmith

Baker

Lees

Thorniley 

Penny

Van Aken

Bannan

Hutchinson

Reach

Pelupessy

Winnall

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Joao

Sell Reach and Fessi to raise funds and try and offload Van Aken