Jump to content


Recommended Posts

So the crux of our situation is that Mr C has money but due to P  & S he's not allowed to invest the money as the club has to be seen to create it's own revunue and not rely on him funding us? 

 

Well here's a thought, bare with:

1 Mr C could increase the match day ticket price to £50 all areas of the ground

2 Then he can access the club's database on fans who've bought match day tickets and season tickets for the previous 3 seasons to obtain their registered addresses. 

3 He can work out the 32000 who've bought the most tickets and write to them with a personal cheque enclosed to value of £1150 (from him to them) for each of them to buy 23 home league match tickets at £50. 

4) Cancel all existing season tickets and refund the pro rata value paid to each fan taking into account games already seen with their ticket. 

5) Fans who've had their season tickets cancelled and costs reimbursed get match day tickets reserved in the same seats. 

6) 32000 X £50 ticket generates £1.6m revenue per game (from home fans alone). 

 

Because the money is gifted from his personal money to each fan as a gift it is not part of the club's expense, when the fans buy the tickets it IS going to the club and therefore counts as Revenue. 

 

Nothing the EFL can do about a chairman personally gifting fans his personal wealth that they then spend on the company of which he is Chairman. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We can call this ''plan B'' pal

 

 

Nurse, get me the patients tablets straight away!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Cracker makes perfect sense.

 

He could also put the pies up to £50 per pie, but hide a £50 note of his own money in each pie in a little plastic bag.

 

Sell 5000 pies per match.

 

That's £250k per game and 5 million a season.

 

The logical next step would be to charge £20 for a dump in the ground, but make the toilet paper out of his own £20 notes.

 

Im onboard with this idea.

 

can that still be used as legal tender ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus.....nobody let DC see the OP!!! 

 

DC's face when he gives every fan a grand of his own money and they spend it anywhere but S6.... lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

 

can that still be used as legal tender ?

 

As long as you don't wipe with the Queens face.

 

True fact.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about he buys a foreign club which he has buy all our injured/worthless players and any that get fit can be loaned back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, j17tjp said:

 

can that still be used as legal tender ?

 

Of course. Ask Carlos. 

 

:carlos:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

How about he buys a foreign club which he has buy all our injured/worthless players and any that get fit can be loaned back.

 

Imagine the melt down across the city if we bought an Italian team and they bought Abdi, Fox, and Pelupessy for £30m? lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

How about he buys a foreign club which he has buy all our injured/worthless players and any that get fit can be loaned back.

 

The Leicester/Leuven Method

Edited by Klatslwo
spelling
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

 

Imagine the melt down across the city if we bought an Italian team and they bought Abdi, Fox, and Pelupessy for £30m? lol

 

Be brilliant, wouldn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

So the crux of our situation is that Mr C has money but due to P  & S he's not allowed to invest the money as the club has to be seen to create it's own revunue and not rely on him funding us? 

 

Well here's a thought, bare with:

1 Mr C could increase the match day ticket price to £50 all areas of the ground

2 Then he can access the club's database on fans who've bought match day tickets and season tickets for the previous 3 seasons to obtain their registered addresses. 

3 He can work out the 32000 who've bought the most tickets and write to them with a personal cheque enclosed to value of £1150 (from him to them) for each of them to buy 23 home league match tickets at £50. 

4) Cancel all existing season tickets and refund the pro rata value paid to each fan taking into account games already seen with their ticket. 

5) Fans who've had their season tickets cancelled and costs reimbursed get match day tickets reserved in the same seats. 

6) 32000 X £50 ticket generates £1.6m revenue per game (from home fans alone). 

 

Because the money is gifted from his personal money to each fan as a gift it is not part of the club's expense, when the fans buy the tickets it IS going to the club and therefore counts as Revenue. 

 

Nothing the EFL can do about a chairman personally gifting fans his personal wealth that they then spend on the company of which he is Chairman. 

This is how bad it's got.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

 

Imagine the melt down across the city if we bought an Italian team and they bought Abdi, Fox, and Pelupessy for £30m? lol

 

Make it happen DC, Make it happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

The Udinese/Watford link worked well.

 

How about a Genoa/Wednesday hook up? 

 

What have poor Genoa done to deserve our shíte lol

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Cracker makes perfect sense.

 

He could also put the pies up to £50 per pie, but hide a £50 note of his own money in each pie in a little plastic bag.

 

Sell 5000 pies per match.

 

That's £250k per game and 5 million a season.

 

The logical next step would be to charge £20 for a dump in the ground, but make the toilet paper out of his own £20 notes.

 

Im onboard with this idea.

In theory that sounds a really good idea there’s only one or two or maybe three problems you’d find me that

 

1 If it was done in the microwave I don’t think the metal lining in the £50 note would be much use boom 

 

2 The plastic bag that you suggest that they put it in it could poison the food malting when it’s cooking

 

3 Tango man buys five pies he comes across the one with the plastic bag jokes to death and Tango family puts a  legal action on Sheffield Wednesday for millions 

 

lol

Edited by Owlsend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

In theory that sounds a really good idea there’s only one or two or maybe three problems you’d find me that

 

1 If it was done in the microwave I don’t think the metal lining in the £50 note would be much use boom 

 

2 The plastic bag that you suggest that they put it in it could poison the food wells malting when it’s cooking

 

3 Tango man buys five pies he comes across the one with the plastic bag jokes to death and Tango family puts a lawsuit on Sheffield Wednesday for millions 

 

lol

 

Always one who doesn't like change and can't think outside the box.

 

I'm not even going to share my 'sit on the Chairmans knee to watch the match for £20k idea' then.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×