Just an idea

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m not sure money laundering is the way to get round FFP.

This is basically one step away from asking your Nigerian Uncle who happens to be a Prince to put his money in your account so you can look after it for him 

Yeah pretty much this. 

Football league ain't going to say. nothing to see here and move on are they.

Quite a pleasant surprise when I opened and read this fred. I thought it was going to be another of soli's songs lol 

Then my head exploded ffs lol lol 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Always one who doesn't like change and can't think outside the box.

I'm not even going to share my 'sit on the Chairmans knee to watch the match for £20k idea' then.

You’re not having all the glory that was my idea:goalie:

• Haha 1

Found DC's business model on Google. It's easy this running a football club lark !!

Believe it or not, there are only four ways to increase your revenue:
  1. Increase the number of customers.
  2. Increase the average transaction size.
  3. Increase the frequency of transactions per customer.
  4. Raise your prices.
Edited by tomo2001

12 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Cracker makes perfect sense.

He could also put the pies up to £50 per pie, but hide a £50 note of his own money in each pie in a little plastic bag.

Sell 5000 pies per match.

That's £250k per game and 5 million a season.

The logical next step would be to charge £20 for a dump in the ground, but make the toilet paper out of his own £20 notes.

Im onboard with this idea.

He would have to pay me £50 to eat a pie they sell in the ground. WTF:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Thought we'd decided to call them 'freds' now. :biggrin:

Sorry missed that.  :rolleyes:

Bizarrely I had been thinking earlier today how Mr Chansiri could inject more of his own cash into the club via the fans. 

Then I thought nah that's bonkers. 

Just shows how wrong you can be.... 

• Like 1

If Mr C had money to inject then the easiest thing would be for him to buy say 1,000 pay on the gate tickets for every home game as a ghost entity. They don't have to then be taken up or given away but its revenue. Alternatively he could buy all the garbage that's in the club shop and then give it away in Thailand. Daft a it sounds it could generate more fan base overseas.

On 17/01/2019 at 08:54, Mr Farrell said:

Cracker makes perfect sense.

He could also put the pies up to £50 per pie, but hide a £50 note of his own money in each pie in a little plastic bag.

Sell 5000 pies per match.

That's £250k per game and 5 million a season.

The logical next step would be to charge £20 for a dump in the ground, but make the toilet paper out of his own £20 notes.

Im onboard with this idea.

Haha., That's proper funny Mr Farrell, cheered me right up.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2019 at 12:39, McRightSide said:

I’m not sure money laundering is the way to get round FFP.

This is basically one step away from asking your Nigerian Uncle who happens to be a Prince to put his money in your account so you can look after it for him 

It's not actually money laundering. A person is allowed to receive tax free gifts up to 10k per tax year without having to declare it. 

For those finding it laughable as most fans will spend that money on something else. He could easily invite the fans to the club shop to buy their tickets in a unique offer, when they join the queue on an appointment basis so as not to overcrowd, Mr C is in the shop and at thr point of transaction between the fan and the club, Mr C gifts the fan their free ticket with a transfer of funds from his own personal account to the fans account. Hey presto 2 separate transactions completed. The club gets money via a revenue stream. Mr C could "sell out" every match and get as much revenue as he likes Via the match category basis. Voilà, Wednesday no longer subject to FFP. 

11 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

For those finding it laughable as most fans will spend that money on something else. He could easily invite the fans to the club shop to buy their tickets in a unique offer, when they join the queue on an appointment basis so as not to overcrowd, Mr C is in the shop and at thr point of transaction between the fan and the club, Mr C gifts the fan their free ticket with a transfer of funds from his own personal account to the fans account. Hey presto 2 separate transactions completed. The club gets money via a revenue stream. Mr C could "sell out" every match and get as much revenue as he likes Via the match category basis. Voilà, Wednesday no longer subject to FFP. 

That's a lot of individual appointments at the club shop. :rolleyes:

16 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

It's not actually money laundering. A person is allowed to receive tax free gifts up to 10k per tax year without having to declare it. 

A wealthy person gives money to someone with the expectation that they then pay it back to their business thereby directly benefiting and inflating revenue?