Chairman’s statement

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Villa if they dont go up are chuffed. Birmingham are chuffed (we know this). Half the championship must be very close. 

Ridiculous really, if owners want to the fund the club they should be allowed to provided that the club isn't in anyway saddled with the debt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Perhaps Bruce wasn’t coming in until February because he was waiting to see if DC would solve the FFP situation which would allow him to bring players in. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Bruce doesn’t end up coming. Why would he!?!

I just don't believe that. 

Even we are not daft enough to announce a new manager without him having signed a contract. 

2 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Think he started off trying to tell us something important. And 10 tear stained pages later he hadn't quite nailed it.... 

You can almost hear Katrien rolling hers eyes as that page went up. 

I know English isn't his first language, but if he wants to come across as a professional business man, statements like this have to be much clearer. 

As others have said, about a third of the way in it just turned into a ramble. 

Just now, ozzieowl said:

I read it as the ‘decision ‘ is just deciding to inform us we are in the sh!t. 

I thought he had announced in haste at the forum that our (fans) monies don’t make any difference. 

Looking back at club 1867 as I’d say a failure... hat can this new scheme entail?

Not many can afford to invest in 3/4/5 yr season tickets all at once. Plus that’s a quick fix and in the 2nd,3rd,4th n 5th season there’s no ST monies coming in. 

Find it all bizarre. 

What has Brucie been promised. 

If he’s been told nowt to spend to strengthen in jan and possible full embargo in summer with 11 out of contract, surely not inviting job prospect apart from 2m wages.

unless out of contract players are allowed to re sign under embargo rules n we keep most of them !!

yeah, I guess the decision was just to release the statement, not sure it was necessary right now other than a long advertisement for 1867 scheme, whatever he means I guess the positive is it clearly shows he cares so fair play

- the issue is not money (i.e he has money) 

- the issue is revenue 

- we will be in trouble again this March if we don’t don’t bring in the necessary revenue 

- to do that some tough decisions will need to be made

- he can’t do it alone - his hands are tied (by the PL biased EFL and FA)

- therefore he’s going to ask fans to help out where they can, starting with the 1867 thing + season tickets 

- it’s also confirmation, to my mind, that he’s here to stay and committed 

Edited by bigdan2003

Just now, Rev Owl said:

I agree but TBH I think most people, at least on here, aren't worried about selling players and even think changing the squad could be a good thing.  I think he's over worrying about potential reaction to player sales.

Our financial malaise is as much down to lack of player sales as it is the cost of purchases. We’ve wasted millions not cashing in on FF, and can’t make the same mistake with Reach. The sale of those 2 players, at their optimum value, would steady the ship. That price has gone for FF, but Reach will never be worth more than what he is now. 

What a bad week for british politics and SWFC.

Fair play for him telling us but its all a bit foggy ...sounds like this P&S crippling EFL clubs and the Football League need to sort it out.

Really cant see a way out other then selling most of our best players.

Problem with Chansiri is that so much of what he does seems to be fuelled by emotion. Which is all well and good but at times like this I want a level headed technocrat who is going to steer us through this with a sensible strategy. I seriously worry for us with this guy in charge. We are just not operating rationally. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

I hope you are right, nothing would surprise me though from DC. 

This is Wednesday...so nothing would cease to amaze me, but then it is worth remembering that we've got Agnew and Clemence currently managing us. 

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Hows it bizarre? The public voted for brexit and their MP’s should be accepting the deal to fulfil that wish. Scandalous that Labour aren’t playing ball 

52% of the public voted for an unspecified form of Brexit 

And after 2.5 years in power

118 Conservative MPs just voted against theit PMs deal.

Labour eh! Bloody shocking.

Wait for it price increase the fans paying more for sub standard games and players and the chairman putting no money in because he can't because of FFP.

What I say to DC is simple there is a team in the same city as ours who have invested in youth and currently are not spending £10's millions a season in players and don't have £200,000 a week in salaries Sat in the stands not playing and they sit second in the league.

Before we get the hard luck story let's look at the cold hard facts for 4 years ridiculous amounts of money have been wasted on poor recruitment and continue to be, how much have we paid for Omomah to watch the games each week from the stands.

Stop blaming everyone else, the fans, the league, FFP, parachute payments the problem is simple the club continues to be run like a time bomb waiting to go off.

No advertising income, no shirt, stadium or stands sponsorship, no corporate income. But don't worry the fans can loan the club £2,000 each so we can sign more players on £40,000 a week to sit in the stands like hooper, abdi, hutch, westwood, van aken, Jones and the list goes on.

Stop finding excuse and simple do the following sack the whole marketing and advertising department go out and hire a qualified football experience marketing manager with the goal of increasing merchandise, advertising and sponsorship income. Go and get in a qualified director of football who has experience of English football as you should have done 4 years ago.

Then finally any players not in the first team plans such as abdi, jones, van aken and the rest loan or sell. When a good offer comes in for a player if we can replace and make money on the deal sell them to help FFP its not rocket science but each season we sink further and further into the sh it and there is only one reason the person who is causing the club to have no direction or control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1