JG13

Chairman’s statement

20 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Without going to find the thread, unless your a moron, there is a decent profit on any box being sold at £20/25k per season. 

Ps I do t mean you are a moron, I mean ness the person running that part of the business is a moron lol 

20 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

You won't get your point over by calling fellow fans morons.

i didn’t,  I was saying if any club can’t make a profit on a box at £20/25k then the person running that side of the business is a moron.

i did try and make that clear at the end of my comment 

Although any fan thinking we aren’t making a profit at 25k plus...... I wouldn’t go as far as calling them morons because  not everyone is great with figures etc, but I would say they were a bit silly. 

Anyone selling any corporate rate event at that sort of money and not making profit deserves to go out of business 

20 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Yes you did.

I apologise.

Chucking morons about wether it's the fans or club is inflammatory and not helpful.

0F9E6A23-399E-44B4-9CD4-312137F1DC04.gif

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Mr C - "Watch this son, I'm going to have a right laugh here with those Owls Talk numpties by posting some tosh. Just watch them bite"

Att - "Ha ha good one Dad. When are we signing Oliver Burke?"

Mr C - "Last day of the window son. I want to maximise the drama"

Att - "Ha ha. I love you Dad"

Mr C - "I love you too son. Shall we get Grandad to buy Juventus and loan all their players to Wednesday?"

Att.."No dad buy Juventus and loan all Wednesdays players to them.....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The Bruce??...Thats the bit that baffles me a little bit...

If what DC is saying is the whole factual situation at the club, and he doesn't come across to me as someone who deliberately tells untruths...maybe someone who overcompensates for failures a bit, dresses them up in a coat of excuses....but..If what he has told us...he has told Steve Bruce...What does Steve Bruce see as the attraction in taking over the reins?

He's hardly "rushed" into the job, for well publicised reasons, but these valid reasons would also be fair enough he said...

"I'm flattered by Wednesdays interest , but its too early to etc etc etc"

So what has attracted Steve bruce to the job?...Its gotta be summat a little more magnetic than the doomsday scenario we all expect hasn't it?

Yeah, i know how you feel. Its like at every turn the waters get muddied a little more. We are often left with more questions. 

What would attract any manager to this job. In essence, the holy grail. The one man or woman to return us to the epl. God like status, would be assured. 

Other than that, god knows. However right now, youve surly got to be questioning it. You could almost imagine the phone call "steve, paul, its steve, what the chuffs he said!"

For a manager who wouldnt work under allam (at hull) because he was basically nuts trying to change the name of the club. Hes come here, with this madness (that we perceive) and you honestly do wonder how long will it last. 

Personally I think DC will have these rants every now and then, why? not sure but I think as time goes on we'll probably get used to them and take them for what they are 

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

As stated many time in this link we need new revenue streams as the fans cannot pay for everything. 

New sponsorship options are needed, other sports have sleeve sponsors, sponsors on both the front and back of shirts, a different sponsor for the home and away kit, stadium sponsorship, or stand sponsorship, we could even try to get business or people to sponsor their seats.

How many fans would love to have their name on their seat for a season and maybe pay £50 each for the privilege.

We need new ideas for raising income as the 1867 idea of loan the club money until we get in the premier league then you get a season ticket for x years didn't work last time so why does the club really think it will this time. 

Agree with you 100% but surely this must have been investigated and for whatever reason, the sponsors aren't there.  Surely

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Agree with you 100% but surely this must have been investigated and for whatever reason, the sponsors aren't there.  Surely

I’m not saying they haven’t looked into it, but as I said in previous posts the people there, owner and management staff included aren’t doing the job right. 

Last I will say on it 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, owler66 said:

Personally I think DC will have these rants every now and then, why? not sure but I think as time goes on we'll probably get used to them and take them for what they are 

He probably found the key to the mini bar :stuwinky:

Having had time to digest the statement I feel as confused as before and a lot less confident.

why the club is considering rolling out the 1867 scheme again is baffling, it wasn’t appealing last time and will be less so this time, we will have enough trouble shifting season tickets on the back of two poor seasons and thought should be put into making changes to get as many to renew as possible and a reduction on POTG prices. The only way out of the problems with P& S is to sell players,the fans accept this indeed most of us want the squad refreshed . Selling reach is the most obvious he’s probably the one who would bring in the most money . The others like FF , bannan and jaoa should be considered but only at top dollar. We should be looking to shift some fringe players like Nuhiu and loaning out those out of the picture . What is essential is that we give Bruce the tools to do his job, given money and time he is likely to be successful, given nothing he’s liable to walk 

longer term the club needs to attract outside sponsorships and have a rethink on prices particularly matchday and kids tickets, some investment in stadium and infrastructure wouldn’t go amiss either

8 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

Having had time to digest the statement I feel as confused as before and a lot less confident.

why the club is considering rolling out the 1867 scheme again is baffling, it wasn’t appealing last time and will be less so this time, we will have enough trouble shifting season tickets on the back of two poor seasons and thought should be put into making changes to get as many to renew as possible and a reduction on POTG prices. The only way out of the problems with P& S is to sell players,the fans accept this indeed most of us want the squad refreshed . Selling reach is the most obvious he’s probably the one who would bring in the most money . The others like FF , bannan and jaoa should be considered but only at top dollar. We should be looking to shift some fringe players like Nuhiu and loaning out those out of the picture . What is essential is that we give Bruce the tools to do his job, given money and time he is likely to be successful, given nothing he’s liable to walk 

longer term the club needs to attract outside sponsorships and have a rethink on prices particularly matchday and kids tickets, some investment in stadium and infrastructure wouldn’t go amiss either

We'll have to see what this incarnation of 1867 actually is but in the current climate it may be a hard sell. We don't need outside sponsorship, its a pittance and DC is using his own money to sponsor to the limits allowed. The stadium will not change except for minor improvements and essential repairs until we get to the Prem i'd have thought.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 3

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

We'll have to see what this incarnation of 1867 actually is but in the current climate it may be a hard sell. We don't need outside sponsorship, its a pittance and DC is using his own money to sponsor to the limits allowed. The stadium will not change except for minor improvements and essential repairs until we get to the Prem i'd have thought.

Sorry pal your on drugs, we don’t need outside sponsorship, do you ever give up trying to act the class clown? 

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Sorry pal your on drugs, we don’t need outside sponsorship, do you ever give up trying to act the class clown? 

The only clown on here is you, if sponsorship brings in that much revenue why hasn't every other chairman since 2000 used this endless supply of dosh to back up the coffers, Lee Strafford gave the shirt sponsorship away to the Childrens Hospital during his reign, I'm sure he didn't turn down Panasonic to do this, our chairman is putting more money in sponsorship than any outside company would be prepared to put into a mid table Championship side. You don't even contribute a few quid to the cause by actually attending matches, seeing as your an expert in the field apply for a job at the club and show us how its all done, until that time don't bother replying to any of my comments with your garbage.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 7
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

The only clown on here is you, if sponsorship brings in that much revenue why hasn't every other chairman since 2000 used this endless supply of dosh to back up the coffers, Lee Strafford gave the shirt sponsorship away to the Childrens Hospital during his reign, I'm sure he didn't turn down Panasonic to do this, our chairman is putting more money in sponsorship than any outside company would be prepared to put into a mid table Championship side. You don't even contribute a few quid to the cause by actually attending matches, seeing as your an expert in the field apply for a job at the club and show us how its all done, until that time don't bother replying to any of my comments with your garbage.

Can’t we have both outside sponsors and the chairman’s ? Surely a separate sponsor on back of shirt, stands sponsoring would bring in extra revenue above what is allowed by EFL by the chairman 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

Can’t we have both outside sponsors and the chairman’s ? Surely a separate sponsor on back of shirt, stands sponsoring would bring in extra revenue above what is allowed by EFL by the chairman 

Of course you can, but only if the outside sponsor is prepared to pay more than the owner does. 

Some people would say take the money, surely anything is better than nothing but that's not the case. Taking lesser value sponsorships would have a direct impact on what DC pays. For example, you can't have the name of another sponsor on the rear of the shirt paying only 20% of what DC is paying for the front. It's the same with the ads around the ground, he is clearly paying top end for his ads and you can't sell them to others for a fraction of the price or the whole thing doesn't make sense. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone remember when it used to be about football?

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

36 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Of course you can, but only if the outside sponsor is prepared to pay more than the owner does. 

Some people would say take the money, surely anything is better than nothing but that's not the case. Taking lesser value sponsorships would have a direct impact on what DC pays. For example, you can't have the name of another sponsor on the rear of the shirt paying only 20% of what DC is paying for the front. It's the same with the ads around the ground, he is clearly paying top end for his ads and you can't sell them to others for a fraction of the price or the whole thing doesn't make sense. 

So basically the rules are testicles 

11 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

So basically the rules are testicles 

The rules don't reflect the realities of trying to run a football club in the Championship I know that. Huge expenses, limited revenues and little leeway. That said, they are the rules and other clubs have worked within them and succeeded. Huddersfield spring to mind. Additionally, as we saw last week (twice) against Luton, it's possible to assemble a good team on a fraction of what we've spent.

Edited by Morepork
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

The poster you are refering to has a valid point and it should be treated as such.  Calling him a "class clown" and infering that he "is on drugs" does you no favoursat all and makes any further comments by you invalid as a discussion point.

• Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, longreach said:

The poster you are refering to has a valid point and it should be treated as such.  Calling him a "class clown" and infering that he "is on drugs" does you no favoursat all and makes any further comments by you invalid as a discussion point.

I have to disagree about valid point, because saying we don’t need extra sponsorship revenue is just idiotic. Probably beyond anything else I have ever seen written on here and that says something. 

That said your right , I shouldn’t have said those things even if i think it so apologise for the name calling 

I will just absolutley ignore anything else he types 

6 hours ago, Morepork said:

Ofc you can have a back of shirt sponsors for less that front, that is irrelevant as to percentages.  Same with other advertising. 

Just because he’s using his on sponsorship, which i won’t go into the morals of that even, doesn’t mean you can’t look for other sponsorship revenues to make the club sustainable. You can have smaller sponsorships but also look for bigger national and multi national sponsorships to add revenue too, they aren’t mutually exclusive!!!

ok look I spoke about this side of things because I work in corporate advertising world so I know how much revenue is availability, ok it isn’t like the 80’s and 90’s where money was thrown about, but a clued up team can drum up a lot of profit. 

This is just one area of the club that isn’t being run efficiently, when we are spending money on staff, managers and players at such a high level with no back up,plan of running the normal club revenues to try and make money, where do you think we will end up?

lets say he pulls a rabbit out of the hat this time, sells reach for 15 mill or does indeed sell the ground ( disaster waiting to happen ) or something else we haven’t thought of). Where do you think we will be the next time it happens in another three years? Because once this is sorted, we are either going to buy more players, or try and keep tight and not spend much, how are we going to keep tight If the revenue streams are being ignored and aren’t making money?  Or if we go spending again how do we get out of this poo next time after we exhaust one more idea to get out of the poo now@?

our fans are sleep walking into a club disaster here. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Dont talk  sense pal, apparently Chansiri purchas d all advertising involved at this football club and all boxes so no extra revenue is available and or needed apparently. A few hundred thousand or a couple of million isn’t worth getting out of bed for 

• Agree 2