JG13

Chairman’s statement

Made my classic mistake of working backwards in a thread again.....I never learn.

200w.gif

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Have I missed something ? is Geoff Sheard on here ? He is t around still surely???

Nothing at you 2Roland2. We've been discussing the soapy t@t w@nk known as @Mr Farrelland his love for uncle Geoffrey Sheard. Who was going to save our club many moons ago until it was proved he was a charlatan who didn't have the proverbial pot to p@ss in. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Oh ffs , if you aren’t on a wind up then fizz knows what your about, if you don’t think hundreds of thousands of pounds profit isn’t lucrative on a small part of your business then you have about as much business sense as an ameba

He has a point though. If boxes were so lucrative, why do football grounds have a huge pitch in the middle, when they could instead fill that space with lots of boxes, maybe even stacked on top of each other?

Think of the amount of money this could generate!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

As I've said many times, you cannot compare Premier League to Championship, different planet.

You say a lot when it suits your agenda. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Seems to me he is looking for excuses. I can’t see fans backing this.

Was it not DC that said we would be promoted within 5 years. Now, escaping relegation is success. 

We tried and and failed but I feel a bit let down. We got to the play off final by over achieving and that should have been the start of something special. We never built on that. 

It is is hard to say what has happened but the injury crisis, squad selection, Jos appointment, etc.. is unbelievable.

The 150th anniversary was pathetic. 

In short, I smell bullish!t

• Agree 5

It’s just the usual waffle from him that actually serves no purpose other than to attempt to gloss over his failings .

dam I forgot , I should be grateful for everything he’s done . Silly me

• Agree 5
  • Haha 3

Eeeeee!  It's like old times on here.  All we need now is for the "Bills" to show up then the gangs all here.

ffs:ph34r:

• Thanks 1

On 16/01/2019 at 22:22, steelowl said:

sorry just doesn't ring true to me 

the corporate mess is one example: why keep boxes empty ? under the guise they lose money - total rubbish 

personally hope that one thing is true that he wont leave us in debt 

Could he be leaving the boxes empty and then be selling them back to himself at a higher rate than what he could have charged paying customers to put more revenue through the books.... just a thought.

To be fair to Chansiri he did promise to spend “whatever it takes” to keep us out of league 1. I guess he’s been as good as his word so far

1 minute ago, Hodgyowl said:

Could he be leaving the boxes empty and then be selling them back to himself at a higher rate than what he could have charged paying customers to put more revenue through the books.... just a thought.

Might want to give them away for actual use then, get some people in who might buy a few drinks and perhaps enjoy it so much they come back (I know I know)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm driving a bus full of old people.

FFS.

Are you the team bus driver ?

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Might want to give them away for actual use then, get some people in who might buy a few drinks and perhaps enjoy it so much they come back (I know I know)

I think he's trying everything there is to inject money into the club but I suppose there is only so many ways of doing it  before you break the rules I  can't see the boxes being full and selling a few drinks will ever bring in what mr c could invest in them to be fair if that's why there empty.

Edited by Hodgyowl

11 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Thats my point. I think its called arrogance and look where its got us.

The only advice he does seem to listen to comes from the con men at Doyen.

Never understood this unless, they are contracted or he owes them money.

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

I think he's trying everything there is to inject money into the club but I suppose there is only so many ways of doing it  before you break the rules I  can't see the boxes being full and selling a few drinks will ever bring in what mr c could invest in them to be fair if that's why there empty.

chansiri said soon after he came and think milan said same that the boxes were costing the club money. think its why there sold at stupid prices ,clearly there not sold at market level .

Chansiri's got more front than Harrods.

I'm happy to fund further but want a say in how club's run - via a new share offer, like 1978 issue.

15 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

You'd get more credence if you didn't chuck wild figures about willy nilly..

What you propose is basically sound.

cheers matey. I was replying to something else then instead of reading it one or two jump on something out of context and so on and so on......

A guy on here told me we sign Mcmanaman to make Wallace play better when I said he was on a big wage and it was a waste of money he jumps on hes not on 40,000 a week. Completely missing my point. We have wasted too much money on loans that never play - simples.

• Agree 1

OK, we have squarely blamed all the problems at DC's feet, we get that now. 

So surely now is the time to look for solutions instead of going over old ground and finding a way forward.  Would be nice if some constructive suggestions were posted on how to shape the future. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, prowl said:

How many boxes do we have? 29?

All in at £27,500 it still comes to less than £1m. It's better than nothing but if we are out by £15m on P & S the only remedy is selling players or possibly the ground.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see all the boxes sold, every little helps but until we can get DC to accept selling players isn't modern day slavery we are not going to get out of this mess. 

The thing is the club do pretty much everything badly.

We need to make the club sustainable without a owner propping us up or Premiership football.

If we can get another million from corporate box, a few million from advertising and sponsorship, make the merchandising better and get more money their, make pay on the gate more attractive getting a few thousand more a game. All of a sudden we could be getting over a season millions more in revenue. Instead the current policy is ask the fans to pay for everything and they simple have no more to give.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The thing is the club do pretty much everything badly.

We need to make the club sustainable without a owner propping us up or Premiership football.

If we can get another million from corporate box, a few million from advertising and sponsorship, make the merchandising better and get more money their, make pay on the gate more attractive getting a few thousand more a game. All of a sudden we could be getting over a season millions more in revenue. Instead the current policy is ask the fans to pay for everything and they simple have no more to give.

A few million from advertising and sponsorship?  What world are you living in?  You knock on DC's door ask for 10% of all the advertising and sponsorship you can raise for the club, and he will grab your hands off and you will make a nice packet as well.