JG13

Chairman’s statement

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

You don't have to

I don't think many will TBH.

• Agree 1

all this about not making a profit in first 5 years of premier league I don't get it either. you get appx 200 million in 1 season ,if we had a successful team  like we did 2 years ago id have kept them on same money paid them a bonus to stop up say a million each ,maybe fetch in a couple of players in on loan to help us, surely we would be making over a 100 million per season? if the club wanted to pay pathetic amounts of money in transfer fees then no you wouldn't make anything. but id cream off the 200 million then the 100 million you get for the next 3 years and invest it in the ground ,in u23s ,scouting everything what would help in the future , its bad enough paying the likes of abdi 35k a week can you imagine paying 50 million for a player and paying him 100k a week to do something like abdi no thanks. 

It all makes sense what Jos was doing now to me. He was definatly blooding lots of youngsters in the team hoping some could make the step up over the next few seasons because the big earners who will be leaving simply can’t be replaced. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Kameron said:

I don't think many will TBH.

May will be right

53 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So on the brink of another embargo of his own doing we are to applaud him for trying to sell players. Something he should have been doing constantly for the last few years so we don't even get near to this sort of situation. Are you completely deluded or are you just accept to watch he club in decline thanks to the inability of the chairman to stick to the rules. Honestly some fans baffle me. 

Some fans baffle me too m8,short sighted,we had a go at it,gambled didnt work,at least he had a pop and nearly did it,gave us some great times, and signed some quality players,so now get over it,sell a few rebuild go again,thats what most clubs do,is it not???some win some lose...You think Bruce would come here without any club ambition planned??would you have rather have MM or Allen still running us into oblivion????seriously some of our fans are baffle me..get behind him,stick together and go again......unbelievable Jeff....UTO FTB

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s really frustrating DC saying he has got money to spend but we can’t spend it because of bloody FFP and revenue etc. He needs to get players sold and do it quickly so we can cheaply replace them this month. I would love us to bring some young premiership players in like that Harry Wilson at Derby, looks a top player. Loans are they way we have to go imo and hopefully once we have sold players and released as many as possible at the end of the season we can start again. 

From reading posts on this thread it seems the Statement has been a bit of an PR Own Goal.

Shame this has happened after Bruce appointment and Chelsea game coming up have taken edge of things lately.

Think we high ticket prices, multi year season tickets, record season ticket sales, record replica kit sales (according to the club anyway). I am not sure how much more you can expect to squeeze out of the average supporter. 

Similar clubs like Derby and Forest don't feel the need for these type of 1867 Schemes. 

Chansiri has asked us to trust him. I don't think he is a bad bloke but if scheme anything like last time then I don't trust I will see £1,000 plus of my money ever again.

5 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

May will be right

Theresa? FFS. 

2 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Some fans baffle me too m8,short sighted,we had a go at it,gambled didnt work,at least he had a pop and nearly did it,gave us some great times, and signed some quality players,so now get over it,sell a few rebuild go again,thats what most clubs do,is it not???some win some lose...You think Bruce would come here without any club ambition planned??would you have rather have MM or Allen still running us into oblivion????seriously some of our fans are baffle me..get behind him,stick together and go again......unbelievable Jeff....UTO FTB

Thats just it pal- he wont sell players!

And MM driving us into oblivion? DC has us in a lower league position now than when MM flogged the club. So flipping sick of fans lowering expectations by offering the false choice of one clueless owner over another. How about we expect an owner who actually knows what they are doing and runs the club in a professional manner? 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

It’s really frustrating DC saying he has got money to spend but we can’t spend it because of bloody FFP and revenue etc. He needs to get players sold and do it quickly so we can cheaply replace them this month. I would love us to bring some young premiership players in like that Harry Wilson at Derby, looks a top player. Loans are they way we have to go imo and hopefully once we have sold players and released as many as possible at the end of the season we can start again. 

Wouldn't Harry Wilson cost more than the players we sell?

6 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

20 million of his own money yet people are quibbling about the £40-50 yearly increases on season tickets. Sort of puts things into perspective.

Revenue v Spend and FFP 

lose abdi hooper and jones off the wage bill and you could half the season ticket prices if 20000 are paying an average of £400 it will be once kids,oaps are put into that . so clearly no £40-£50 needs putting onto season ticket prices ,we pay the most in the league for watching the team what has the fewest attempts on goal. us supporters don't need to ripped off any more. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Theresa? FFS. 

LOL love it

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

From reading posts on this thread it seems the Statement has been a bit of an PR Own Goal.

Shame this has happened after Bruce appointment and Chelsea game coming up have taken edge of things lately.

Think we high ticket prices, multi year season tickets, record season ticket sales, record replica kit sales (according to the club anyway). I am not sure how much more you can expect to squeeze out of the average supporter. 

Similar clubs like Derby and Forest don't feel the need for these type of 1867 Schemes. 

Chansiri has asked us to trust him. I don't think he is a bad bloke but if scheme anything like last time then I don't trust I will see £1,000 plus of my money ever again.

Derby produce quality young players and then sell them for mega money- allowing them to consistently compete at the top. It's a pretty simple system but DC seems to struggle getting his head around it. I'm convinced it's down to his ego- he simply doesn't want fans criticising him for selling popular players. It is not a responsible way to run a football club. 

• Agree 2

What has :CEO: done during her time here. Her reputation preceded her and she seems to have been as bad as was rumoured.

Surely if she was any good then DC would have started to get things right. Probably another one milking DC and leading him up the wrong path.

The appointment of Bruce is the best thing DC has done . It will not help with the solution of sorting the previous errors unless SB gets us promoted this season.  And that is highly unlikely.

The original team of advisors (apart from doyen) in year 1 seemed to sort of have the right idea. DC dumped them or they left because they couldn't get on with him. Who knows?

Roeder although maligned was possible a good man to be DOF but he went as well.

DC must  get somebody on board like Bruce who knows the way round the championship. Regrettably it will never happen as he is still of the opinion that he is always right.

Would be interesting to know how or who made the decision to employ the 3 Steve's .

If we do well on the pitch with SB it would be disastrous if we were penalised by points deduction and ruined everything.

Hold your breath people.

• Agree 1

Not got time to read all this. Do we know what the mark 2 club actually is?

"I would like to say once more that I have used the same recruitment team since I started, other than the change of the coaches, of course. If anyone suggests someone who has now left was the one responsible for recruitment I can categorically say that is not true or they would still be here."

And yet:
14 June 2016: Sheffield Wednesday Director of International Recruitment Phubate Piempongsant has left Hillsborough.
https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2016/june/club-statement/

So if Pete, for one, wasn't responsible recruitment what was he on the payroll for?

• Like 1

Just now, handworth52 said:

lose abdi hooper and jones off the wage bill and you could half the season ticket prices if 20000 are paying an average of £400 it will be once kids,oaps are put into that . so clearly no £40-£50 needs putting onto season ticket prices ,we pay the most in the league for watching the team what has the fewest attempts on goal. us supporters don't need to ripped off any more. 

Give it a rest will you Carol Vorderman. Have you actually taken in anything to to do with revenue, income and spend. Your figures are everything in a perfect world and dont stack up. 

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

What has :CEO: done during her time here. Her reputation preceded her and she seems to have been as bad as was rumoured.

Surely if she was any good then DC would have started to get things right. Probably another one milking DC and leading him up the wrong path.

The appointment of Bruce is the best thing DC has done . It will not help with the solution of sorting the previous errors unless SB gets us promoted this season.  And that is highly unlikely.

The original team of advisors (apart from doyen) in year 1 seemed to sort of have the right idea. DC dumped them or they left because they couldn't get on with him. Who knows?

DC must  get somebody on board like Bruce who knows the way round the championship. Regrettably it will never happen as he is still of the opinion that he is always right.

Would be interesting to know how or who made the decision to employ the 3 Steve's .

If we do well on the pitch with SB it would be disastrous if we were penalised by points deduction and ruined everything.

Hold your breath people.

You're clueless pal. KM has nothing to do with the football side. DC doesn't take advice from anyone- that is his problem. 

6 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Wouldn't Harry Wilson cost more than the players we sell?

Sorry I meant on loan. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Hold your breath people.

That whole post just about sums up everything DC said regarding so called experts. 

I'm out, its like the film one flew over the cuckoo's nest on here at the moment.