Jump to content
JG13

Chairman’s statement

Recommended Posts

There must be at least 50,000 fans worldwide; let’s have a whip round. 

 

Say £300 each. And if he doesn’t get us promoted in 3 years, then we all get some shares in the club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, room0035 said:

So wasting £40,000 a week on macmanaman was to make the free agents signing Wallace play better, presumably all the other loans and players signed to never play was to make sure the team performed better. Well it does seem to have worked very well.

 

We have made mistake after mistake for 4 years in recruitment and you continue to come out with this stuff. I give up good luck to you. As under DC things are going to get a lot worse.

You can’t possibly be a real person....... you must be a disturbed persons lunatic alter ego!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chansiri in 2015:

"I have reviewed every aspect of the club in a bid to achieve the promotion we all desire and continue to do so on an everyday basis."

"In the bigger picture, if we are to achieve our ultimate aim of promotion, we must embark on this journey together."

"I can assure every single supporter that I will give everything it takes where possible to take Sheffield Wednesday back into the Premier League"

(https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/dejphon-chansiri-statement/)

 

He told BBC Radio Sheffield: "We want to be back for our anniversary."

Chansiri added: "We will do whatever is appropriate to invest in the club to get them to the Premier League."

(https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/31693775)

 

-----------------------------------
 

Chansiri in 2019:

"Many people have suggested that I invested the amount of money I did – and continue to do – in order to achieve promotion to the Premier League. But this is not correct. I invested these sums to stay in the Championship, to ensure we would have the best chance of avoiding relegation."

 

:Chansiri:

  • Like 2
  • Agree 7
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's not much in statement we didn't already know. 

 

We all know wage bill needs reducing, a good clear out during summer and we go again, just need to sign younger hungry players not the one's looking for a final pay day before hanging up there boots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough statement which I fully believe.

 

Problems are that he says he still uses the same recruitment team who must have something like a 10% hit record.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This statement is the complete opposite end of the scale to his first!! His first said the club had a 3 year promotion plan and it would be done in the right way.

 

just to add, it was only 4/5 weeks ago that he says the fans contribute nothing towards th running of the club and the club would continue to run without us...now the begging bowl is out??

 

No one can fault DC for desire, effort and sheer loyalty to the cause but let’s be brutally honest...he’s made a mess of a lot of things hasn’t he?? 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our chairman is contradictory, at best.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

Chansiri in 2015:

"I have reviewed every aspect of the club in a bid to achieve the promotion we all desire and continue to do so on an everyday basis."

"In the bigger picture, if we are to achieve our ultimate aim of promotion, we must embark on this journey together."

"I can assure every single supporter that I will give everything it takes where possible to take Sheffield Wednesday back into the Premier League"

(https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/dejphon-chansiri-statement/)

 

 

Sorry guys. As you probably worked out, I pasted the wrong link. 

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2015/july/dejphon-chansiri-club-statement/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some on here need to be very careful.

The Chairman issues a thinly veiled and very public “BACK OFF” to the “EXPERTS” who’re personally slandering him with libellous public statements !

The lawyers will be all over this.

 

  • Disagree 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bradowl said:

There's not much in statement we didn't already know. 

 

We all know wage bill needs reducing, a good clear out during summer and we go again, just need to sign younger hungry players not the one's looking for a final pay day before hanging up there boots. 

I said pretty much the same in an earlier post. The players are out there other teams find them but you have to look for them. Our recruitment has been dire for a long  time and not just since DC took over. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meh,

what a mess

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes no difference to FFP I don’t think, but aren’t Early bird Season tickets due for release very shortly?

 

If Bannan, Reach, Westwood etc are all sold, we’re languishing in the bottom half and an embargo potentially looming surely he can’t/won’t put the prices up? 

 

I just cant see how us fans are yet again being asked to stump up more cash. We’ve done our bit and then some. When does it end ffs?! 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a very emotional guy is Chansiri. I don’t doubt he loves Wednesday and he cares for the Club. I just don’t think he’s cut out for being a Chairman. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, matt68owls said:

he keeps quiet and everybody slags him off, he releases a statement and people slag him off, not exactly sure what some people want from him.

 

Real honesty would help. What he said about the recruitment team being the same is simply a lie.

 

Also nonsense to say he never wanted to make money and invested just to keep us in the Championship.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way will there be a big uptake of this new 1867 scheme. We already contribute by paying the highest prices in the FL

 

We shouldn’t be blackmailed into bailing out bad and reckless management 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

This statement is the complete opposite end of the scale to his first!! His first said the club had a 3 year promotion plan and it would be done in the right way.

 

just to add, it was only 4/5 weeks ago that he says the fans contribute nothing towards th running of the club and the club would continue to run without us...now the begging bowl is out??

 

No one can fault DC for desire, effort and sheer loyalty to the cause but let’s be brutally honest...he’s made a mess of a lot of things hasn’t he?? 

 

This.

 

It's almost like he's making it up as he goes along.

 

Very worrying.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

just to add, it was only 4/5 weeks ago that he says the fans contribute nothing towards th running of the club and the club would continue to run without us...now the begging bowl is out??

 

 

Did he realy say that......or was it something different??

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...