Chairman’s statement

3 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Sounds like we don't really have a plan after all. I was expecting a ground sale announcement tbh. The Bruce appointment looks bizarre now as it's clear he's got feck all to spend. Maybe he wasn't interested but couldn't turn down the crazy salary DC was offering.

Think the plan was to not sign anyone this window anyway. Regardless of future developments. 

Maybe a cheap loan or free transfer if possible.

I'm sure Bruce would have been made aware of that.

7 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

We were placed in an embargo due to our outgoings exceeding our income. The royal family could sponsor the shirts and the ground and everything else for all its worth and it would have been the same outcome. High wages and transfer fees with no sales its whats put us under an embargo, not the sponsorship deals.

As i said before, im pretty sure that hes come out and said that hes paying as much as he can by way of stand and shirt sponsorship. Ive no reason to believe that hed lie about that. If he could make more money by someone else doing it why wouldnt he? Makes no sense to spend your own cash does it? Doesnt matter if D taxis has 1 or 1000 staff, its a business and it pays SWFC for advertising rights. 

The only thing more DC can do is learn to play the finacial game better. He now knows selling players need to happen. Its likely a season and half too late. You may think he could do more, but realistically how can he when hes not allowed to spend his money due to the rules in place. You do realise if we go into an embargo or go bust he loses out too right?

Stoke city this season are sponsored by bet365 a company owned by the Coates family a real company. They sponsor the stadium the bet365 stadium and the shirts and pay £8.9m a season for.

DC name is in the shirts, the stands, the advertising boards and in the last filed accounts he paid £1.2m for it £7.7m less than stoke get from a company own by the chairman and his family.

I know stoke are a former premiership team but every team promoted last season has £1m + shirt sponsorship deals, add a stadium sponsor, advertising revenue, stand sponsorship we should be bringing in £3-5m in the 4th most watch league in Europe so why are we not. No sponsors or simple bad management.

We could have had the extra income for the last 4 seasons that would now give us £10m more revenue. Where would we be now with this, well not under an embargo last season for one.

The club needs an overhall from top to bottom but as long as the fans keep getting asked to cover for the mismanagement nothing will change.

5 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Onomah is back at spurs receiving treatment on an injury that could keep him out till february.

How much is he costing us for the 3 starts he has made.

why sign a player we have no intention of playing, mcmanaman, buckley, mcgeady, sugou, emanuelson, Lachman the list goes on of money wasted on players to sit in the stands and with Onamah clearly we have not learn our lesson.

Send these links to every club in the Premiership, watch the offers come in we'll listen to offers from 15m..... intelligent on and off the pitch, versatile, left footed, English,  young,  hard-working and has looked one of the best players in a poor team these past couple of seasons. Certainly wouldn't look out of place in ther Prem surrounded by quality players. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

why sign a player we have no intention of playing, mcmanaman, buckley, mcgeady, sugou, emanuelson, Lachman the list goes on of money wasted on players to sit in the stands and with Onamah clearly we have not learn our lesson.

Don't know

And he cant play if he's injured can he,dont let the FACT that he's back at spurs spoil your point tho eh.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Stoke city this season are sponsored by bet365 a company owned by the Coates family a real company. They sponsor the stadium the bet365 stadium and the shirts and pay £8.9m a season for.

DC name is in the shirts, the stands, the advertising boards and in the last filed accounts he paid £1.2m for it £7.7m less than stoke get from a company own by the chairman and his family.

I know stoke are a former premiership team but every team promoted last season has £1m + shirt sponsorship deals, add a stadium sponsor, advertising revenue, stand sponsorship we should be bringing in £3-5m in the 4th most watch league in Europe so why are we not. No sponsors or simple bad management.

We could have had the extra income for the last 4 seasons that would now give us £10m more revenue. Where would we be now with this, well not under an embargo last season for one.

The club needs an overhall from top to bottom but as long as the fans keep getting asked to cover for the mismanagement nothing will change.

Its likely stokes deal was a roll on from being in the prem and negotiated prior to them coming down. Maybe the fees DC is putting in right now are part of a great deal that was put innplace for 3 years when that amount seemed like a good deal.

A sponsorship is only worth what someone will pay for it. We cant just got to nike and say give us 3m quid to sponsor our shirts. At this time DC is likely putting in what hes allowed to do or what was possibly agreed in a deal a few yrs ago. If he could get better he surely would right? How can him paying a single penny out of his own pocket be better business sense for him than someone else being willing to pay more to do the same thing?

Whats more likely is that nobody is willing to pay the same as what hes paying for the sponsorship. DC wants to spend money on us, yet he cant. Do you really think hed skimp on the sponsorship if he could pay more in? He has no doubt got a team of people looking at this stuff daily and they havent found a better way either. 

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You get more clueless with every post, when we signed the likes of Buckley, McManaman etc they were a direct threat to Ross Wallace, Wallace went on to have a great season - thats skilful management, Wilder has just signed Madine the most under threat player from this signing is McGoldrick who had one of his best games of the season on Saturday v QPR and got the winner. I suggest you go and read some Roy of the Rovers stories before showing your total lack of knowledge any further.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Sounds like we don't really have a plan after all. I was expecting a ground sale announcement tbh. The Bruce appointment looks bizarre now as it's clear he's got feck all to spend. Maybe he wasn't interested but couldn't turn down the crazy salary DC was offering.

The ground sale is not a viable option and would make no difference to the situation.

If DC wants to leave any positive legacy behind at SWFC, i think he'll only achieve that by getting us a buyer with far more football knowledge (or at least an owner that has the sense to surround himself with real football experts like Wolves did) and hopefully more money than him.

That's the best compliment he'll get, if we can say "He found us this buyer" etc because imo he will never take this club up, in fact he longer he stays the worse this is going to get in my view. 

21 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Send these links to every club in the Premiership, watch the offers come in we'll listen to offers from 15m..... intelligent on and off the pitch, versatile, left footed, English,  young,  hard-working and has looked one of the best players in a poor team these past couple of seasons. Certainly wouldn't look out of place in ther Prem surrounded by quality players. 

Must be special effects mate, that's not the player some people describe on here...... lol

This is like in Jerry Maguire when he writes that late night mission statement then wants to recall it the next morning

Soon Steve Bruce will be shouting “Show me the money!!” down the phone to Chansiri and Elmohamady will be saying to Bruce “you had me at hello”. 

Movies are great 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

You get more clueless with every post, when we signed the likes of Buckley, McManaman etc they were a direct threat to Ross Wallace, Wallace went on to have a great season - thats skilful management, Wilder has just signed Madine the most under threat player from this signing is McGoldrick who had one of his best games of the season on Saturday v QPR and got the winner. I suggest you go and read some Roy of the Rovers stories before showing your total lack of knowledge any further.

So wasting £40,000 a week on macmanaman was to make the free agents signing Wallace play better, presumably all the other loans and players signed to never play was to make sure the team performed better. Well it does seem to have worked very well.

We have made mistake after mistake for 4 years in recruitment and you continue to come out with this stuff. I give up good luck to you. As under DC things are going to get a lot worse.

The best will in the world is all well and good. Nice guy and all but I have about as much faith in him digging us out as I do the government governing.

I would much rather have a two hat running the club that knows what he's doing than a cracking bloke that doesn't.