Chairman’s statement

Bruce will have said he needs £XXXXXXXXXXXXX to spend.

Chansiri will want to back him.

FFP and P&S will only allow increased spending with increased revenue.

So it's a plea to fans for support.

Stadium sale may have gone by the wayside, with it being in the news alot recently. (I'm certain it was or is happening)

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

Stadium sale may have gone by the wayside, with it being in the news alot recently. (I'm certain it was or is happening)

In all the years of this club going through its ups and downs we need this big statement to keep us supporting the club lol 

A couple of things really, the timing of the statement right in the middle of the January transfer window.  Not sure how this strengthens our position or does it signal to other clubs that players are up for sale?

Second point is this comment. 

I would like to say once more that I have used the same recruitment team since I started, other than the change of the coaches"

So the same people who have advised DC and the subsequent high number of players signed by the club haven't gone. 

A lot of mixed messages in that statement.  

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am just getting sick of the excuses, sort it out of sell up and let someone else have a go. 

in 4 years he has done more long term damage to the club than any chairman in our history. 

we are in that much of a mess, and his only plan is to fleece the fans more.

I bet he wished he took that £100,000 for the radio coverage now :duntmatter:

You really are an idiot,

Read through this thread and there seems to be a couple of totally conflicting inputs:

1. Go ahead, sell players if it eases FFP

2. He's put this out just to soften us up for players being sold

Odd.

Apologies but 1867 mk2 may be my fault :tango: I suggested at the last steering group meeting that the cost of 1867 mk1 was way too high and became a bit of a stigma for the ten or so people that did show interest, why not have an entry level one at a reasonable price going up to the more deluxe model in cost, this could be the model for mk2, the problem for me is selling these things when the product is not so attractive.

On the ground sale, the ground will be classed in the accounts as an asset, selling it would bring in cash (the EFL would only accept true market value not silly sums from rich relatives as mooted) the asset would then be removed and rent would need to be paid to the new owner - so not viable to ease FFP.

The EFL are really screwing up the Championship with FFP/P&S its a total and utter shi'ite shower of a ruling and needs a rethink.

Edited by toppOwl
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Player sales is where the revenue will come from. 

Does he seriously think selling this scheme will raise the millions required for a promotion warchest? It’s so deluded it’s actually terrifying. 

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

You really are an idiot,

Read through this thread and there seems to be a couple of totally conflicting inputs:

1. Go ahead, sell players if it eases FFP

2. He's put this out just to soften us up for players being sold

Odd.

Apologies but 1867 mk2 may be my fault :tango: I suggested at the last steering group meeting that the cost of 1867 mk1 was way too high and became a bit of a stigma for the ten or so people that did show interest, why not have an entry level one at a reasonable price going up to the more deluxe model in cost, this could be the model for mk2, the problem for me is selling these things when the product is not so attractive.

On the ground sale, the ground will be classed in the accounts as an asset, selling it would bring in cash (the EFL would only accept true market value not silly sums from rich relatives as mooted) the asset would then be removed and rent would need to be paid to the new owner - so not viable to ease FFP.

I think it becomes a bit ridiculous when the club or chairman calls on the support of the fans, financially, when he has already demonstrated that he completely messed up with our budget in previous years. Certainly doesn't encourage the average fool like me to put my hand deep into my pocket and go above and beyond what I'd normally spend on the club. It's pretty insulting really. 

11 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I've been a big advocate of DC, really wanted him to succeed but more importantly to be treated fairly. I think in the main, most fans have abided by this.

Reading the statement, the second paragraph, in particular, is like a Russian re-write of history we see in the "Putin era". I find it incredibly difficult to accept that version of events. Under no circumstances have we operated like a team that was looking to maintain its position in this league or build from the bottom up.

Over the last week, we've played (twice) a team assembled with a collective value between 5-10m. They gave us a proper run for our money, looked organised and more importantly were a "team".

I think most fans would be supportive of a club that ran efficiently and bought wisely, even if that comes with fairly regular sales of its star players.

Hopefully, we can start to take that approach now, but please don't tell me that's what we've been trying to do because then I have little to no hope left!!! 

Agree. 

Sadly there seems to be little to suggest a change in approach. E.g. Recruiting, developing, selling, repeat, to actually be sustainable. Even mentions the same people are doing recruitment as at the start - an acceptable approach for the season 1 gamble, but from season 2 onwards a complete disaster. 

20 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He can't win can he.

When's he closed and defensive he gets slated.

When he's open and tells it as it is he gets slated.

Our fans lol

It’s not about being open or closed. It’s about being incompetent and deluded. 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think it becomes a bit ridiculous when the club or chairman calls on the support of the fans, financially, when he has already demonstrated that he completely messed up with our budget in previous years. Certainly doesn't encourage the average fool like me to put my hand deep into my pocket and go above and beyond what I'd normally spend on the club. It's pretty insulting really. 

Is it ridiculous from DC or the EFL's bizarre rules making him do this, the statement reads that he'd much rather be able to go it alone.

Sell FF, Reach and the ineffective Bannan, this coupled with the sale of Rhodes and the end of the contracts in the summer. Hopefully this give us enough to stave off the embargo and give the ball a god kick under Bruce at the end of the season.

Well that's how I read it.