Chairman’s statement

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Although his point regards fans, experts etc is a fair one, he’s hardly able to say this with any great conviction as we head towards our 2nd transfer embargo in one season under his reign as Chairman. 

Especially when he told fans the other week that no one knows FFP better than him. If he truly understood it then he’d have flogged some players years ago. 

If i were him I’d be on the phone to the Wednesday Week lads first thing in the morning, they seem to have a far better grasp of the rules. 

Hopefully he's finally realised that the only way to get out of the mess he's created is to sell some players in January (hopefully enough to get us north of the FFP hole) and fingers crossed stay up. 

That way with a level FFP, so no embargo, a huge lump of wages off the bill and a smaller squad Bruce can start then rebuild with funds and wages in the summer. 

For me if we have to sell Nando, reach, Westwood and lees etc, then so be it if its the best course of action going forward to next season. Personally my thoughts are we've too many players here who have either been here too long, have been there done that fallen by the wayside or just don't have the mental capacity for a promotion charge and things need freshening up and revitalising. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Although his point regards fans, experts etc is a fair one, he’s hardly able to say this with any great conviction as we head towards our 2nd transfer embargo in one season under his reign as Chairman. 

Yeah but he got really overemotional again and said sorry so it's all fine with me. 

2 minutes ago, wmb said:

Why are people reacting like this is something they didn’t already know? DC has said multiple times before we will have big issues with FFP if we didn’t achieve promotion. 

And what has he done to try to achieve promotion sign 1 player for 3 transfer windows and bring in 2 loans one of which never plays.

where is the plan for promtion, where is the investment, yes I know it's sat in the stands watching the crap unfold with the rest of us.

sell Reach sell Bannan get £20m in,  release half the squad in the summer offload Rhodes,fletcher and Fessi none have done anything for 2 years and let's start again with a team of frees and kids. Where Stuart Gray when you need him.

• Haha 1

If we need 15 mil to avoid an embargo. And we sell bannan, reach and Fernando for say 18 mil. Does that mean we've shown we can make money so they'll legt us spend like crazy again for 3 years? Or does it mean we've got 3 mil to spend in the summer? I think we might be best just keeping all our best players and taking the embargo up the bum. Feck em. What would be the point in selling but still not been able to buy anyway? We'd be in a worse position than what we are in now.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He can't win can he.

When's he closed and defensive he gets slated.

When he's open and tells it as it is he gets slated.

Our fans lol

You're right, it is the fans fault he can't grasp basic business sense and gets emotional very regularly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebrap11 said:

If we need 15 mil to avoid an embargo. And we sell bannan, reach and Fernando for say 18 mil. Does that mean we've shown we can make money so they'll legt us spend like crazy again for 3 years? Or does it mean we've got 3 mil to spend in the summer? I think we might be best just keeping all our best players and taking the embargo up the bum. Feck em. What would be the point in selling but still not been able to buy anyway? We'd be in a worse position than what we are in now.

Potential points deduction.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

And what has he done to try to achieve promotion sign 1 player for 3 transfer windows and bring in 2 loans one of which never plays.

where is the plan for promtion, where is the investment, yes I know it's sat in the stands watching the crap unfold with the rest of us.

sell Reach sell Bannan get £20m in,  release half the squad in the summer offload Rhodes,fletcher and Fessi none have done anything for 2 years and let's start again with a team of frees and kids. Where Stuart Gray when you need him.

PSYCH.

We weren't trying to achieve promotion all along. We were actually trying to not get relegated. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, thebrap11 said:

Because the football league will slap us with a points deduction like they are about to with Brum.