Chairman’s statement

Read most  of it, but sure what it's about. 

No problem selling players as has been suggested, we've an expensive, bloated, unbalanced squad, with limited attributes, most outdated for modern football.

Question is as has always been, who will want to buy these players?....furthermore nobody else has any money either due to FFP.

I think the fan base has been squeezed as much as possible, so not sure a reissue of the 1867 scheme will be effective. 

Just now, 1993swfc said:

Why are people praising him for honestly admitting he’s massively cocked up? This statement is 12 month too late. Next season. Do people not realise he’s gambling with us going up and next season relegation to league one is a very real possibility with bigger financial problems than we had before

Some our fans are just grateful to have someone with money. Hence why people are being told to wee wee of t’lane for questioning DC because he got us to Wembley 3 years ago...or summat. 

4 minutes ago, Stoop said:

We can give the club as much money as they want but if they are  going to waste it then it’s pointless. Let’s not forget that we spaffed £20m on Abdi, Van Aken, Jones and Rhodes

Realistically we could raise £25m if we sold Reach, Bannan, Rhodes and FF

Unless you are from Stannington.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

A reported 2 million a year for Bruce’s wages yet we haven’t got a pot to pi$$ in. It just doesn’t make sense. 

Its now gone beyond all sense. 

You cant squeeze anymore out of those who have bought  a s/t. 

I just dont see how. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wmb said:

Why are people reacting like this is something they didn’t already know? DC has said multiple times before we will have big issues with FFP if we didn’t achieve promotion. 

I guess it's because the timing of the statement is a bit random, plus the mysterious 'decision' that doesn't seem to have been communicated.

There is always the outside chance this statement isn’t just aimed at us... but it’s also aimed at the idiots in charge of the EFL.

It appears they are causing issues for us due to FFP. From the looks of it we could have more financial input from the chairman but we aren’t allowed. On the other hand they are letting the Shitestorm at Bolton unfold with no punishment. 

31 minutes ago, vulva said:

The decision I am making now...

What decision?

I think we're selling players. This is just when people moan he can point to this.

Either that or he's selling the ground and again he'll point to this.

Or, he hasn't got a clue what to do and he's just telling us what is gonna happen. This is least likely imo.

I don't think he'll be expecting anything from an 1867 scheme again and people getting their knickers in a twist over that are looking a little daft.