Chairman’s statement

Guest Hirst1867

We need £15m to avoid an embargo according to numerous football finance experts.

We need to sell 5,000 lots of £3k, or 3,000 lots of £5k.

We sold less than 10 of Club 1867 v1.

This will need to be spectacular. As someone said earlier, what if we are selling the ground, but to the fans? Id pay £5k to own a seat that I never have to pay to sit in again. Just need another 2,999 others now

I ask myself if Bannan and Reach are the type of players that Bruce would want, and I am increasingly thinking not.

However we aren't really full of options in midfield, but yet we could recoup maybe £20m by those two being sold, which would eradicate any immediate problems.

This isn't Championship Manager, or Football Manager whatever it's called in 2019 but two sales could get rid of this immediate problem.    Then just one problem remains.   Making sure those two sales don't mean relegation.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Villa if they dont go up are chuffed. Birmingham are chuffed (we know this). Half the championship must be very close. 

exactly, if a big club like villa is screwed then maybe there's a problem, only difference with them is it happened a bit later than us and leeds, but eventually it's all fell apart for them and sunderland etc. because the truth is the top 5/6 prem clubs are happy to keep the status quo

Edited by jomaco

1 minute ago, vulva said:

No idea. I really like the bloke but that statement is nonsense. Just goes round in circles. 

Pure guesswork but I think we are selling a couple of players, and this statement is setting the scene to calm the masses. 

Agree. Statement feels like the one before CC left. That was late night too wasn’t it?

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Almost as bizarre as Maybot's speech about Brexit tonight. 

Long and rambling. 

Hows it bizarre? The public voted for brexit and their MP’s should be accepting the deal to fulfil that wish. Scandalous that Labour aren’t playing ball 

Apart from the 1867 bit it’s pretty much a detailed summary of what he said at the Forum.

I’m hoping it’s just a pre warning that players are gunna be sold.

Considering how easily he dismissed the notion that season ticket money has the ability to plug any gaps atall. I just can’t see another 1867 scheme taking off at a price point that amasses a money pot that would bring in anything close to a sizeable sum. 

He’ll be lucky to break half a million, and even that’d take 10,000 fans at £50 a pop.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

No idea. I really like the bloke but that statement is nonsense. Just goes round in circles. 

Pure guesswork but I think we are selling a couple of players, and this statement is setting the scene to calm the masses. 

I agree but TBH I think most people, at least on here, aren't worried about selling players and even think changing the squad could be a good thing.  I think he's over worrying about potential reaction to player sales.

I read it as the ‘decision ‘ is just deciding to inform us we are in the sh!t. 

I thought he had announced in haste at the forum that our (fans) monies don’t make any difference. 

Looking back at club 1867 as I’d say a failure... hat can this new scheme entail?

Not many can afford to invest in 3/4/5 yr season tickets all at once. Plus that’s a quick fix and in the 2nd,3rd,4th n 5th season there’s no ST monies coming in. 

Find it all bizarre. 

What has Brucie been promised. 

If he’s been told nowt to spend to strengthen in jan and possible full embargo in summer with 11 out of contract, surely not inviting job prospect apart from 2m wages.

unless out of contract players are allowed to re sign under embargo rules n we keep most of them !!

1 minute ago, Peacenocchio said:

Think he started off trying to tell us something important. And 10 tear stained pages later he hadn't quite nailed it.

Still love his pashun tho

Really think his statement is a precursor to another imminent announcement

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

This is my thinking 

Just now, Rev Owl said:

I agree but TBH I think most people, at least on here, aren't worried about selling players and even think changing the squad could be a good thing.  I think he's over worrying about potential reaction to player sales.

I will literally tear my hair out if he lets Reach run his contract down. 

Soooooo frustrating. 

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I ask myself if Bannan and Reach are the type of players that Bruce would want, and I am increasingly thinking not.

However we aren't really full of options in midfield, but yet we could recoup maybe £20m by those two being sold, which would eradicate any immediate problems.

This isn't Championship Manager, or Football Manager whatever it's called in 2019 but two sales could get rid of this immediate problem.    Then just one problem remains.   Making sure those two sales don't mean relegation.

£20 million??? Have you seen them play?

• Haha 1