Chairman’s statement

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It won't. 

The thing completely flopped last season and it will this time. 

Where is the incentive to invest in such a scheme? 

Coughing up x amount for season tickets is more than enough commitment from fans imo. 

Now we are expected to cough up for some scheme to keep the club out of a financial mess? 

Utterly laughable. 

You sound like me 18 months ago.

Many people have suggested that I invested the amount of money I did – and continue to do – in order to achieve promotion to the Premier League. But this is not correct. I invested these sums to stay in the Championship, to ensure we would have the best chance of avoiding relegation. If promotion came, then great, but building from the bottom gave us the best opportunity of getting to the top.

I won’t be able to find the quote but wasn’t the aim and emphasis always on promotion? That’s his words, hence high prices etc. I thought anyway. 

Also few littke jibes at the fanbase I think. Maybe brace ourselves for player sales. 

Fair enough though, seems like he’s being honest with a few things. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

It’s embarassing that he is even proposing this as a legitimate means of combating FFP. Especially after he said himself only 3 weeks ago that the contribution of fans has little impact. 

Seriously starting to think the bloke isn’t all there. 

Very naive of him if he things this 1867 thing will stop us entering another embargo. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Nixon is saying Bruce was told there was money for signings a few weeks ago and now he releases a statement like that basically saying we have no money for signings. Can imagine Bruce is going to be pretty pi$$ed off about it. 

Dom Howson was reporting similar things. 

That there's money available to Bruce should he want to spend it, because Chansiri still thinks we can still get promoted. 

5 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Decision to charge fans more for tickets?

No idea. I really like the bloke but that statement is nonsense. Just goes round in circles. 

Pure guesswork but I think we are selling a couple of players, and this statement is setting the scene to calm the masses. 

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Genuinely think that is the case. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Blunts in similar situation either. They spend far less than us, but at the same time earn far less too.

Villa if they dont go up are chuffed. Birmingham are chuffed (we know this). Half the championship must be very close. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Dom Howson was reporting similar things. 

That there's money available to Bruce should he want to spend it, because Chansiri still thinks we can still get promoted. 

If he honestly still thinks we can get promoted he wants locking up! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, osowl said:

I read it as DC saying he wants to keep spending but we need to increase our turnover so he can do that.

Filling some of those empty boxes may be a start, hopefully some of the businesses he alientated 3 years ago may lend a hand....or more likely tell him to do one.