Chairman’s statement

15 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

You'd get more credence if you didn't chuck wild figures about willy nilly..

What you propose is basically sound.

cheers matey. I was replying to something else then instead of reading it one or two jump on something out of context and so on and so on......

A guy on here told me we sign Mcmanaman to make Wallace play better when I said he was on a big wage and it was a waste of money he jumps on hes not on 40,000 a week. Completely missing my point. We have wasted too much money on loans that never play - simples.

15 hours ago, prowl said:

How many boxes do we have? 29?

All in at £27,500 it still comes to less than £1m. It's better than nothing but if we are out by £15m on P & S the only remedy is selling players or possibly the ground.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see all the boxes sold, every little helps but until we can get DC to accept selling players isn't modern day slavery we are not going to get out of this mess. 

The thing is the club do pretty much everything badly.

We need to make the club sustainable without a owner propping us up or Premiership football.

If we can get another million from corporate box, a few million from advertising and sponsorship, make the merchandising better and get more money their, make pay on the gate more attractive getting a few thousand more a game. All of a sudden we could be getting over a season millions more in revenue. Instead the current policy is ask the fans to pay for everything and they simple have no more to give.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The thing is the club do pretty much everything badly.

We need to make the club sustainable without a owner propping us up or Premiership football.

If we can get another million from corporate box, a few million from advertising and sponsorship, make the merchandising better and get more money their, make pay on the gate more attractive getting a few thousand more a game. All of a sudden we could be getting over a season millions more in revenue. Instead the current policy is ask the fans to pay for everything and they simple have no more to give.

A few million from advertising and sponsorship?  What world are you living in?  You knock on DC's door ask for 10% of all the advertising and sponsorship you can raise for the club, and he will grab your hands off and you will make a nice packet as well. 

11 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

That's not really what I'm getting at, but in answer to your question, I don't think a box at either Sheffield club has much of a value from a corporate point of view, aside from maybe 2/3 games a season.

I'm not sure a client from London is going to be seduced by a couple of box tickets to Wednesday or Utd v Brentford.

Box purchases at our level will be driven by well- off fans, not by anyone making a strategic business decision.

A lot of our clients just like the feel of being at the game the buzz of the crowd and being treated special, I don't honestly think a lot of it has anything to do with whose playing.

But we  traded with SWFC and their policy is reciprocal business but then you also have to either buy a box or pay for advertising and when our mark up on products to the are so small £48,000 or £33,000 as it now is simple is not worth it, we trade with other football clubs in Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire and Liverpool and did not have half of the problems we had with SWFC. Most of my work colleagues are Sheff Wed or Sheff Utd but it simply not worth it.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

If we got a decent corporate team in 3 years ago we would potentially have been able to get an extra couple of million in at least. Yo7 talk about it like mission impossible. With the right people who kn9w h9w to promote corporate and national and multi nationals it isn’t that hard. 

The problem is we won’t because we have neglected this side of the business and employed people with only skill sets to sell to small or local companies. and it doesn’t look like it’s goi g to change any time soon. 

So that's two of now knocking on the door, they will raise statues in your honour. It's nice to know we have so many talented people in our fan base.  Could be a whole new way forward for struggling clubs.  Keep us updated on your progress. Joking aside it would be fantastic if any successful management type fans could introduce themselves to DC and suggest realistic ideas.

9 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Oh ffs , if you aren’t on a wind up then fizz knows what your about, if you don’t think hundreds of thousands of pounds profit isn’t lucrative on a small part of your business then you have about as much business sense as an amoeba

wouldnt respond to him mate he/she comes on here with an air they know stuff inside the club  I sincerely hope not or it explains everything

2 hours ago, Hodgyowl said:

Could he be leaving the boxes empty and then be selling them back to himself at a higher rate than what he could have charged paying customers to put more revenue through the books.... just a thought.

I've thought this for 3 years hodgy but  it's not condusive to the family club  ie you can all feck orf I 'm buying the seats who cares you've been here since the boxes were built 

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

If we got a decent corporate team in 3 years ago we would potentially have been able to get an extra couple of million in at least. Yo7 talk about it like mission impossible. With the right people who kn9w h9w to promote corporate and national and multi nationals it isn’t that hard. 

The problem is we won’t because we have neglected this side of the business and employed people with only skill sets to sell to small or local companies. and it doesn’t look like it’s goi g to change any time soon. 

Roland we did have a decent commercial team in but they weren't allowed to be realistic as you would know and if you were at THE meeting where DC should his real colours you'll know he undermined them all in public yet they were following his orders. This worried me then and since see no reason to change my mind  it's just taking a lot of others who haven't dealt with him a bit longer to work out we are in trouble.

Rambles like this that are almost irreconcilable with other rants yet people are fawning all over the 'honesty'  unbelievable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Why would I knock on the door? I’m already working in this industry and I have sold a hell of a lot more revenue for companies oth much less potential or brand awareness. 

It isn’t hard you get what you pay for, people who can sell to the companies needed to make that money have to be payed good salaries, they get good salaries because they give good returns. 

If if I was Chansiri I would firstly get a decent corporate sales rep asap, and concentrate on them selling the boxes ASAP, if he gets the right person and sells them then reinvest that money  in a quality corporate team from the money he made, it will cost him probably £80k/100k per person probably needs two if he wants peop,e in that world with contacts. And you would need a hefty commission package on top. 

Corporate advertising takes time, you build relationships over a period of time and build revenue with some of the bigger clients sometimes onLy dipping toes in for smaller amounts, offering 10% you would get laughed at, i know I would laugh at him. The first year you would be asking me to work for nothing whilst I build up relationships with the club which at any point could be taken away from me, why would anyone take 10% whilst building the pipeline e of work and relationships up? 

Tbf their are only only a handful of people in this game who are halitosis so you have to pay for them 

Surely if it was that straight forward he would be doing it now, are we seriously suggesting that DC would not follow this strategy?  Why wouldn't he do it?  And why haven't clubs like Coventry and Portsmouth etc taken this route if it's that "Simple".  

You obviously know more about the subject than I do, I just can't work out why DC wouldn't follow this plan when it's seemingly staring at him in the face.  

Can't you at least email him with a few suggestions and contacts?

With or without the halitosis. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Lol not sure what’s going on with my iPad auto correct at the moment. 

Tbf mate, I offered suggestions to the team when I dealt with them a few years ago, ok it was pre Chansiri that time but it fell on deaf ears. I also  contacted the club when Chansiri came re a issue I had twice when it was said knock on my door, it was ignored and not even a response to say thanks or sorry we are busy. 

With th all due respect, your right, I shouldn’t have to be explaining this, it should be in place three years ago, I was sure when this guy from Shaktar was announce that’s what would happen, he just disappeared. 

Its not for for me to tell a owner of a football club the very basics of marketing and corporate sales. 

Maybe on the box side side it’s a lot more intricate than I’m aware because of ffp and him funding I don’t know , that however doesn’t excuse the wee wee poor return we are getting on sponsors and advertising. 

That side will will take time to sort , it won’t be overnight and could take 2 years maybe even upto 5 years. But it needs doing and we need to do it now. 

Thanks for your reply and I would ask that you try again to contact him, only takes a few minutes to email him and you never know. 

DC have a word with these two. 

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Im not saying the corporate team weren’t hamstrung when he took over, I was told they were. 

As for a good corporate team, that’s something I will disagree on, were they pleasant and nice? Probably so, the skill set the team had was average sales and marketing at a local level. 

The club needs people who know how to sell to bigger companies, they didn’t know how too, nothing against them but they didn’t have th first idea. 

they were   

re bigger companies  I believe the plan behind the infamous reneging was to sell box space /advertising to national or even International companies that plan lost a wembley 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

cheers matey. I was replying to something else then instead of reading it one or two jump on something out of context and so on and so on......

A guy on here told me we sign Mcmanaman to make Wallace play better when I said he was on a big wage and it was a waste of money he jumps on hes not on 40,000 a week. Completely missing my point. We have wasted too much money on loans that never play - simples.

Loans are bought in for many reasons, might be a first team regular carrying an injury so they're cover for if he breaks down, it can be a tryout with a view to a permanent signing, it can be a gee up to players already in that position to up htier game, gettin a player in on loan doesn't mean they are going to automatically be a first team regular.

35 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Mmmmm not sure our boxes are what would attract those guys anyhow. We just have a poo room atm 

i don’t think even if we had gone up we had the staff or facilities to fill it out with those bigger companies anyhow. They don’t just come knockim gon your door because your a prem club. 

for him toattract real investment it needs needs investment in the box side anyhow,sponsorship and  advertising is where that money will come from short term 

TBF  refurb work was done that year i've been in there once since and don't like the improvements ie dining table inside the boxes  it may have changed again i haven't been in to comment  i've heard it's a  tumbleweed zone.

IF he really wants to save us from relegation I'd much rather him spend some of the millions he apparently has available on a decent training ground all allowable and separate I believe from P&S  oh and a A&E dept for out first team and a lounge with rising chairs for the outcasts 

I'm. Am sick of all this drivel being peddled by the little corperal. It's one lie and misdirection after another.

Now we have this nonsense about soft transler embargo in March. What would be the point of that when you can't sign anyone anyway? 

What have the footleague to say about this? We have never had it officially confirmed by then that there's ever been a transfer embargo. 

And now we wil be having one when the transfer window is closed.

Complete tosh. 

We can't avoid getting sanctions because we are paying Premier league wages to our entire squad. We have given four year deals to five players all on over 50k a week. We more doubled these players wages. 

All we can do is ignore the fp thing as so many other clubs have. We pay the fine. And because we can't avoid it then we have nothing to fear. So let's buy some decent players. To buy or not to buy that is the question. Either way they outcome is exactly the same at the end of the season. 

Cut the drivel and for once tell the truth. Or would that be dishonourable 

For a man with no honour he bangs the honour drum very loud. Sadly, too many still march to his every beat. More fool them 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Loans are bought in for many reasons, might be a first team regular carrying an injury so they're cover for if he breaks down, it can be a tryout with a view to a permanent signing, it can be a gee up to players already in that position to up htier game, gettin a player in on loan doesn't mean they are going to automatically be a first team regular.

Obviously I agree we’ve wasted too much money but you’re right, since loans became restricted to the loan window clubs have had to get more players in ‘just in case’. They might not be needed immediately and it might turn out they weren’t needed at all but they still served a purpose. Clearly in this example paying someone 40k a week to be ‘just in case’ would also be ridiculous so there were likely others reasons for getting him in... not forgetting the predictable bullshït about 40k in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I'm. Am sick of all this drivel being peddled by the little corperal. It's one lie and misdirection after another.

Now we have this nonsense about soft transler embargo in March. What would be the point of that when you can't sign anyone anyway? 

What have the footleague to say about this? We have never had it officially confirmed by then that there's ever been a transfer embargo. 

Complete tosh. 

We can't avoid getting sanctions because we are paying Premier league wages to our entire squad. We have given four year deals to five players all on over 50k a week. We more doubled these players wages. 

All we can do is ignore the fp thing as so many other clubs have. We pay the fine. And because we can't avoid it then we have nothing to fear. So let's buy some decent players. To buy or not to buy that is the question. Either way they outcome is exactly the same at the end of the season. 

For a man with no honour he bangs the honour drum very loud. Sadly, too many still march to his every beat. More fool them 

The sanctions aren't  just money they threaten our league position  I'm certain they will pick on one club and through a big points deduction at them 

embargoes are the lower end of what they can do if we deliberately flout it and publicise the fact now as well 

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Ahem,thats 5 players on £50k a week Sonny.

Oops yes, sorry, it’s five players on at least £50k.

Is our wage bill still £30m? So that’s approximately 43% of our wage bill on 5 players. And that’s our entire wage bill, which if you believe the Swiss Ramble site needs to pay 274 people.

Very useful insight from Mr.Mason. Can’t wait to hear who the players are.

27 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

Complete tosh. 

Image result for laughing heads gifs