Chairman’s statement

Just now, owls maniac said:

The fans in the stands didnt have their season tickets ripped up and told they had to start paying £20k more or could fizz off.

This class warfare is pathetic. You talk about the dream, what about when we were up poo creek at the high court, was their money good then? 

Actually no.

We were on the steps for a few hundred grand.  The overall hole was 1.5m.

A foreign outsider saved us while the rich, lifelong locals queud up to asset strip us following admin.

Truth hurts.

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I don’t think Leeds will have many boxes just for match day, most will be sold out for a season, I would imagine due to the lack of boxes available they may price higher according to potential demand

Maybe but just recently they were advertising for level 4 and level 3 boxes as being the only way to get a seat on booked up games.

The ONLY way to be at the game is to get yourself an Executive Box and, from £160 plus VAT a head, that may not be as out of reach as you think!

Get together a group of 10 and you could be watching the game from your own luxury box. 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Rich or ten bob millionaires?

im not sure why the hatred for local businessmen who put money into the club for little or no return are the focus of your anger. 

Bit bizzare sonofbert

My anger is at folk who are calling out a chairman who has chucked in millions when between them they couldn't find a few hundred grand, no strings, to save the  club from admin as they were all more prepared to weigh in their dough following admin to in effect tear the club and its assets into pieces.

I will reserve any sympathy for folk expected to pay ridiculous POTG prices who simply or logistically fancy supporting the team one day.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

I think we know it was a bit more than that, chucking in a few hundred grand into a black hole for a owner to get bailed out is a bit different to someone pumping in millions to own the club and get a return mate. Come on you are clearly a clever guy don’t talk rubbish like that. 

And you can have sympathy for both, it isn’t mutual. 

I said already that DC got it wrong with the boxes but on a list of his wrongdoings in the context of our current situation it is low down in my opinion but the resentment from those who were forced out/opted out runs deep.

There is a deep vein of disconnection running through all these threads but folk need to realise that they are being priced out of the ridiculous modern game, not just Wednesday and maybe their negative energy would be better aimed at the system rather than a chairman whose biggest faults are naiveity, optimism and belief.  He might be a novice, a foreigner and a touch mental but I identify with his mad, stupid, deuded hope and innocence.

At the same time he's not as daft as some think.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

I haven’t known for three years , same price I got quoted three years ago that. 

We paid £17,500 in the last year of Milan, got quote £25,000 in first season of DC, then £37,500 last season then for this, the details from the person we deal with at the club was the boxes were £48,000 a year as we were only allowed to mark up what we sold the club 2% we would have had to sold the club £2.4m in good to break even on the cost of the box. Simple not worth it.

It looks like the price has now been dropped to £33,000 (£27,500 + vat) shame they didn't bother letting anyone know. As had we know the club would probably have more money in their bank now.lol

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Really did not know that had changed, we got quoted £48,000 which was the reason our business went to RFC this season.

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I haven’t known for three years , same price I got quoted three years ago that. 

If it was something you were really interested in then I am surprised you weren't aware that the prices have been reduced since that debacle. I am in no position to buy a box for a season but knew that the prices had been reduced. 

5 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Is what was said last night, any different to what we already knew anyway?

We knew we were screwed, we knew we had to sell or somehow raise funds - so why are people so upset/angrymad/surprised now?

People like to shout and get angrymad. Usually the bottom feeders of life.

Us further up are upset at this outcome. But we've expected it for a while and knew it was coming.

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I said already that DC got it wrong with the boxes but on a list of his wrongdoings in the context of our current situation it is low down in my opinion but the resentment from those who were forced out/opted out runs deep.

There is a deep vein of disconnection running through all these threads but folk need to realise that they are being priced out of the ridiculous modern game, not just Wednesday and maybe their negative energy would be better aimed at the system rather than a chairman whose biggest faults are naiveity, optimism and belief.  He might be a novice, a foreigner and a touch mental but I identify with his mad, stupid, deuded hope and innocence.

At the same time he's not as daft as some think.

Indeed, he has made plenty of mistakes but I think the majority have been made with the best intentions and there have been and are far worse Chairmen in the football league, some need to be careful what they wish for in that respect.

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Tbf I didn’t bother looking either and no one contacted me. My clients, none are Wednesday fans by the way are all doing different things now anyhow but i never thought of looking againmonce I heard the daft price I was given

Fair enough if it an area that you are no longer interested in, but I think some continue to be critical of box prices without knowing they have been reduced which is unfair. Generally it seems a few are still resentful over the prices charged when old deals were ripped up. At the time I could understand this as it was the wrong way to go about things and obviously the pricing strategy was wrong as it didn't work. The club should perhaps have reached out directly to those that were affected by that when they reduced the prices but at least a change has been made.

Edited by Guest

16 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

We knew we were screwed, we knew we had to sell or somehow raise funds - so why are people so upset/angrymad/surprised now?

Are people angry or just discussing the Statement and what it means?

18 hours ago, owls maniac said:

I really worry the bloke doesn’t have a clue. 

We need to raise £15m, so how the fizz is some fans scheme gonna make the blind bit of difference? 

FFS man, start selling players! 

I've no idea of the terms of the new 1867 scheme but the last scheme would have cost each purchaser on the Kop or in the West stand £1,500. On that basis we would only need 10,000 people to buy the package to cover the £15m you mention. If we assume a normal gate of 25,000 that would be 40% of all our regular crowd.

Is this likely? Have a guess.

Until DC accepts that the only way we can improve is to sell players and then buy more with a view to their eventual sale there is no prospect of us progressing. Any business man should understand this. 

18 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

aren't you slightly interested in ?

A) the weird timing 

B) the fact that is so contradictory to  other 'statements'

C) it sounds like some drunk talking to a barmaid 

D)  the reason for it  because there's appears no decision unveiled