Chairman’s statement

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Ah here comes sonofbert to detract from facts.....

come on if we are being serious why are you both detracting from this issue? You can’t deny we are not making use of this revenue stream yet you are now trying to focus on me saying I’m making stuff up???

i got a quote for a box, and as soon as they mentioned that price I laughed, asked what the real prices were not over hyped book price and they said they couldn’t move. 

We we have a potential with boxes and a good marketing team to open up hundreds of thousands if not a million or three if done right and you two are trying to deflect to me????

Executive Box

Hillsborough Boasts 30 luxurious Private Boxes stretching the length of the South Stand.

Our Private Boxes offer our only pitch view dining experience in the stadium, each coming with their own dedicated waiter/waitress to serve a superb pre-match meal.

At kick off, guests make their way to the outside heated balcony to watch the game in style from luxurious padded seats.

For the 2018/19 season guests have the option of either a 5 or 2 course meal.

The full package is as follows:

•    Luxuriously appointed private hospitality box facility
•    The option of a five-course meal with wine or a two-course meal served in the privacy of your own Executive Box
•    Ten executive padded balcony seats with fantastic views of the pitch
•    First class hospitality service with dedicated member of the hospitality team
•    Official matchday programme and team sheet
•    Reserved car parking, four spaces per box
•    49” LED TV screen with Sky Sports matchday coverage
•    Freshly brewed Tea and Coffee served at half-time

Box (five-course) Box (two-course)
Rotherham £2,250 + VAT £2,000 + VAT
Preston £1,700 + VAT £1,450 + VAT
Birmingham £1,700 + VAT £1,450 + VAT
Wigan £1,700 + VAT £1,450 + VAT
Brentford £1,700 + VAT £1,450 + VAT
Reading £1,900 + VAT £1,650 + VAT
Swansea £1,900 + VAT £1,650 + VAT

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Ah here comes sonofbert to detract from facts.....

come on if we are being serious why are you both detracting from this issue? You can’t deny we are not making use of this revenue stream yet you are now trying to focus on me saying I’m making stuff up???

i got a quote for a box, and as soon as they mentioned that price I laughed, asked what the real prices were not over hyped book price and they said they couldn’t move. 

We we have a potential with boxes and a good marketing team to open up hundreds of thousands if not a million or three if done right and you two are trying to deflect to me????

I wasn't referring to you as it happens but hey ho.......

Here are my thoughts on the subject though while you're here.

I think DC dug his heels in when longstanding boxholders refused the higher rates and buy into the plan on the basis that they'd all come crawling back or lose out once we got promoted.

I think since then he has been most likely offsetting some of his financial input against the boxes.

I agree it is one of many areas in the club in which we could do better and that he failed to factor in "goodwill" when he took his bat home.

Kinda fed up of Wednesday fans thinking the sun shines out of a chairman's backside just because he's honest and he cares.

Every chairman in the top two tiers of English football invests millions upon millions of pounds into their football club. If they didn't care about that they'd be psychotic. 

Equally honesty: I understand with Wednesday chairmen in the recent past that's been at something of a premium, but having a chairman being honest isn't some badge of honour. It should be the best minimum of human decency.

Can we stop hero-worshipping a chairman for just doing the bear minimum when it comes to his personality? By all means let's be thankful he isn't a nutter,  appreciate the honesty and transparency, but let's not go too overboard. He still has a lot to fix... all problems of his own volition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

I wasn't referring to you as it happens but hey ho.......

Here are my thoughts on the subject though while you're here.

I think DC dug his heels in when longstanding boxholders refused the higher rates and buy into the plan on the basis that they'd all come crawling back or lose out once we got promoted.

I think since then he has been most likely offsetting some of his financial input against the boxes.

I agree it is one of many areas in the club in which we could do better and that he failed to factor in "goodwill" when he took his bat home.

Agreed. He looks a bit foolish now we're skint and he's asking for fans to chip in. It will take a huge effort to get these businesses back on side- especially if the pigs go up this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

Bruce cant be on 2m basic a year that has to be testicles???!!!! Would imagine on he is on a basic contract with big bonus attached (for staying up??). Find it odd we have attracted him with the current situation all to apparent and looking ominous. And the chance of no signings or sales?? Very strange. Especially with other jobs available to him if he held out i.e Stoke. Just hope Dej is dampening expectations to an all time low and fearmongering and has another trick up his sleeve. Other than a failed 1867 venture again!!!!. But think basically its buy this or we are in a full blown embargo come April the end of the financial yr. And I expect no signings next season at ALL in both windows. Expect Bruce to walk as well if this happens. Oh the joys of Wednesday!!

What a load of gash 

Just now, owls maniac said:

Agreed. He looks a bit foolish now we're skint and he's asking for fans to chip in. It will take a huge effort to get these businesses back on side- especially if the pigs go up this year. 

Does that say more about him or the local businesses? - serious question.

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Reasonable point but we are not skint, we are restricted on spending by a stupid ruling.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Kinda fed up of Wednesday fans thinking the sun shines out of a chairman's backside just because he's honest and he cares.

Every chairman in the top two tiers of English football invests millions upon millions of pounds into their football club. If they didn't care about that they'd be psychotic. 

Equally honesty: I understand with Wednesday chairmen in the recent past that's been at something of a premium, but having a chairman being honest isn't some badge of honour. It should be the best minimum of human decency.

Can we stop hero-worshipping a chairman for just doing the bear minimum when it comes to his personality? By all means let's be thankful he isn't a nutter,  appreciate the honesty and transparency, but let's not go too overboard. He still has a lot to fix... all problems of his own volition. 

Because we've been skint for so long many fans are now clinging to the one guy who has spent some money, and refusing to call out his incompetence in case he leaves us in the poo. It's like some weird dependency disorder.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Sorry my apologies, I thought you were quoting me as topowl was talking about me making up figures. 

Injust cant believe we aren’t running this side of the club efficiently. 

We never have.

It used to be a heavily subsidised 10 bob millionaire area.  When they got called out they vanished.

Before anyone starts it is the same at United and it will be a big shock for any longstanding boxholder if either club  makes the Premier League.

The differentials between the Premier and the Championship re. revenues versus costs are the crux of our and others' problems.

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Not questioning prices from this season hookowl I’m actually pleasantly surprised at the price but amazed I didn’t know.

my price was offered when Chansiri first took charge. Around the time when a lot of people had old contracts ripped up. 

Which emphasises my point why why are we not goi g hell for leather with this and other marketing if they have realised they needed to adjust, why not get a decent marketing a sales team in on the corporate side, an experienced one no just sales people. 

Im spending £18k on a one off event for a customer in Yorkshire soon, there will be at least £5k behind the bar too for visitors.

the venue we are at are knowledgable  and know what was needed to promote the company we are promoting at the event but also beyond the event itself. I would say the team at that venue were still average at best but it was still a lot better than our team teams knowledge 

I got interested when reading your debates so just looked on the club website for prices and got that.

It made me look at other clubs and noticed that the cheapest leeds are offering for a similar 10 seat box starts at £160 per head plus vat (£1600).

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

We never have.

It used to be a heavily subsidised 10 bob millionaire area.  When they got called out they vanished.

Before anyone starts it is the same at United and it will be a big shock for any longstanding boxholder if either club  makes the Premier League.

The differentials between the Premier and the Championship re. revenues versus costs are the crux of our and others' problems.

Got called out lol You mean having the chairman renege on a contract? You might not see the value of these '10 bob millionaires' but they were putting in money way before the DC era and we will no doubt need them again in the future. 

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Got called out lol You mean having the chairman renege on a contract? You might not see the value of these '10 bob millionaires' but they were putting in money way before the DC era and we will no doubt need them again in the future. 

The fans in the stands bought into the dream.

The boys in the boxes took their clients to Rotherham and The Lane.

No sympathy for the majority, sorry.

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Why were we skint in those days then, can't have been having that much of an effect.

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

The fans in the stands bought into the dream.

The boys in the boxes took their clients to Rotherham and The Lane.

No sympathy for the majority, sorry.

The fans in the stands didnt have their season tickets ripped up and told they had to start paying £20k more or could fizz off.

This class warfare is pathetic. You talk about the dream, what about when we were up poo creek at the high court, was their money good then? 

• Haha 1