Chairman’s statement

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

Think he's directing it at me sonofbert because we have previous and i dont agree with him. You know what these keyboard hardmen are like. He's so tough he's just nearly broke the A for Ar@se hole button. A name which sums him up perfectly. 

He's just understandbly a bit paranoid I think after being taken in bigtime before by a previous poster.

Don't take it personally.

Someone posted on here that he was going to sell the ground fo 30 million and it got me wondering.... He says he would like to spend more but isn’t allowed so could he sell the ground to one of his own companies therefore bringing money into the club but still owning the ground?

1 minute ago, cain said:

Someone posted on here that he was going to sell the ground fo 30 million and it got me wondering.... He says he would like to spend more but isn’t allowed so could he sell the ground to one of his own companies therefore bringing money into the club but still owning the ground?

No the ground will be on the accounts as an asset, selling it removes the asset, so zero difference.

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Let me give you avey Avery quick fix to ring up £300k, sell 10boxes at reasonable rates. Wouldn’t you say that was easier to swallow your pride and gain 300k rather than trying to find 240 fans who are going to chuck away £1250 each on some random nothingness shitebox idea we have drummed up to squeeze out of the average joe fan????

thats a start, a drop in the ocean but a start , then get someone in or a decent team in fact that knows how to sell corporate marketing. Oh but don’t hamstring them with out of the world stupid pricing strategies 

It won't make £300k, what about running costs, staff etc etc. The club will have looked into this and the profit is probably not worth the hassle. Selling corporate boxes won't solve our problems, end of.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Ahhh but not trying to sell any advertising, boxes will? And selling shitebag nothingness at £1250 per head will?

you dismiss revenue like this as if it’s nothing, you said to another poster earlier I hope you don’t run a business , I would say that x a million with you fella.  

A well ill run business or football club looks to make revenue and profit from multiple streams and if it makes a £1 it’s worth it

Of course making money should be the main aim of selling boxes but think you also miss out on things like building up good will and contacts that may come in useful in the future.
Really cant believe other Championship clubs run boxes at a loss. No one would have them otherwise.
The boxes are they built already, seems daft to have them empty every home game.

18 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Right let me stop you right here you keep pulling people up on facts and stating things they don’t know, how do you know we were making a loss on £25k? Do you work for the club? 

I will tell you now I deal with hospitality sides of marketing and work with many different events, the club unless it’s employing far too many staff per box and I mean like a truck load are not making a loss on 25k per box. And also we are losing out on the extra r venue that is spent by the box holders on match day. 

Stop trying to cover over over big things like this we are leaking money like a bucket with no bottom and you can’t see the simple things like this would help. Your just bizzare mate

I'm sure the club know the circumstances far better than anyone on here and if these were things that would help the situation they would have been used, DC has set up D Taxi's and Elev8 to bring revenue in I'm sure they've covered the best bases they can.

42 minutes ago, cain said:

My guess (and that's all it is) is that last night's statement was as a result of the ground sale either falling through or being revealed as not permissible within FFP. Genuinely think DC was pinning a lot of plans on the ground sale. 

46 minutes ago, cain said:

That doesn't comply with P&S rules.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

But they haven’t!!!!!!

those are quick fixes , we have wasted three years of corporate building, it isn’t an overnight thing to entice people who are willing to spend decent amounts.

do you think Man City just put there own money in?????? Do they fizz.  They look at all revenue streams and do it very well. As do many clubs at our level. 

You cant ignore it and we are, the club haven’t looked at it or have and have still not addressed it.

yes it was a farce pre Chansiri but it’s even worse now 

You can't use Premier League clubs as an example, totally different playing field.

When a lot of the boxes were taken under MM why did we still not have a pot to pee in if its so lucrative.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

really how much are they then, they were when we got the details through from SWFC last summer we used to have one you see but when the prices kept rising a lot each year my directors decided on a company policy to use Rotherham United instead. Not because they are Rotherham fans but because they offer a better value for money service.

£27000 plus vat. 

6 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Leeds fan in peace

we had the same, fans defending ken Bates at all costs.

this topp bloke is embarrassing, I can not believe what am reading.

And you can tell by his responses, as not a clue.

whilst I people the chairman does care, he’s running your club very badly.

Admitting your a Leeds fan is more embarrassing.

What responses have I not got a clue in?

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

See this is a prime example of how poor the team is running this, last I hear they were £48k with no budging.

If I haven’t heard this in my line of work then how many others don’t know?  I’m a fan and haven’t looked for three years because of how ridiculous it was price wise and dealing with them 

Haven't got a clue where £48000 has come from, took me literally 2 minutes to find the prices for 2018/19 on swfc website, just to counter Room0035's rambling. 

13 minutes ago, wakefieldinleed1 said:

Leeds fan in peace

we had the same, fans defending ken Bates at all costs.

this topp bloke is embarrassing, I can not believe what am reading.

And you can tell by his responses, as not a clue.

whilst I people the chairman does care, he’s running your club very badly.

Bates and chansiri are as different as chalk and cheese.