Chairman’s statement

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If the 1867 thing is priced at £1500 again who really is going to buy in to it. Sure there will be a few fams that do but if DC thinks this is going to save us with regards FFP I feel he is being very naive. Like many of the fans I’ve bought a season ticket, bought the shirts for my kids, take my Dad to some games (and pay a hell of a lot for a match day ticket for him). I think it’s crazy that DC wants more and more from the fanbase. 

Going forward and facing up to the realities of the situation what else can he do?  

Really appreciate the honesty but can't see how the fans can help financially.

This is never going to happen; but if we had 10,000 fans willing to cough up £1,000 each (for what I don't know) it would raise £10m. The only sensible way out of this is to sell players, assuming we aren't going to sell the ground.

32 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I totally agree

abd that's simply all DC has to say

We gave it a go, missed out, let's start again

Not this ridiculous

"We got to Wembley in a mad effort to avoid relegation "

Just tell it like it is instead of spinning a story to suit each circumstance as it pops up

Agreed the statement was too long by about 8 paragraphs! There's been honest and transparent and then there's just dumping everything out of your head on to a sheet.

This guy is so out of his depth. 

Comes from a rich business family and does well, surprise surprise. 

Then has to run a real business that is constantly at threat , as is almost every football club, cant balance the books and decides that the reason for this is the fan base and not his economic plan. Lest we forget that he essentially started with a clean slate, debts having been written off. 

If we had got promoted after 2 years he would have tried to see us thorugh te first few years and then sold the club to the first chicken farmers who came along looking to tap into the Premiership. Now, having become just another bad management chapter in this clubs history and flouted the fair play rules on a gamble, he thinks  the onus is now on the fans to dig deep and buy stuff.  Rediculous. You got greedy Mr C and saw the big lights and big bucks. Only problem is you didnt count for the fact it might not work and now your up poo creek. 

• Thanks 1

At least by that statement we are a bit clearer of where the club is financially. 

I really don't believe we brought a load of players in his first two years to made sure we didn't go down.
We clearly gambled on Rhodes getting us over the line to go up.
Hard to form a full opinion on his statement until we have seen details of the revised 1867 Membership scheme.
I doubt I will be joining as I am at my limit already with the ticket prices and at least I get something for my money for that rather then giving the club money that I maybe get back in a few years.

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

I keep seeing this "losing 10 players in the summer" yes their contracts are up but what if some actually want to stay?

tough there going .surely our retirement home for washed up ageing premier league players is closing this summer . the problem is we might only have a few players left and bringing new players in they will  all want decent wages so we might be able to cut the wage bill a little but it wont be by millions once new players come in. 

11 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

There are empty boxes at home games and vast areas of space that could have been sold for advertising to local companies but the clubs excessive demands have killed off these revenue streams. Maybe the club should look at offering these at reasonable rates such as the going rate not some fantasy figure.

Bang on. It was not just the overpricing of all this but he just didn't see the off spins of having a load of corporate people there on match day. Any successfull business man will say you have to find the highest level at which things sell, not go way beyond it and drive people away. 

Guest Kameron

Season ticket renewals will be announced shortly too, so he’s wanting us to invest in club 1867 and renew season tickets at roughly the same time.  Why should we pay for his continued miss management of our club.  

Guest Willow Owl
9 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Its only £20m of his own money, he can write it off if he so wishes, we are totally debt free.

20 million of his own money yet people are quibbling about the £40-50 yearly increases on season tickets. Sort of puts things into perspective.

Revenue v Spend and FFP 

all this about not making a profit in first 5 years of premier league I don't get it either. you get appx 200 million in 1 season ,if we had a successful team  like we did 2 years ago id have kept them on same money paid them a bonus to stop up say a million each ,maybe fetch in a couple of players in on loan to help us, surely we would be making over a 100 million per season? if the club wanted to pay pathetic amounts of money in transfer fees then no you wouldn't make anything. but id cream off the 200 million then the 100 million you get for the next 3 years and invest it in the ground ,in u23s ,scouting everything what would help in the future , its bad enough paying the likes of abdi 35k a week can you imagine paying 50 million for a player and paying him 100k a week to do something like abdi no thanks. 

It all makes sense what Jos was doing now to me. He was definatly blooding lots of youngsters in the team hoping some could make the step up over the next few seasons because the big earners who will be leaving simply can’t be replaced. 

53 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

So on the brink of another embargo of his own doing we are to applaud him for trying to sell players. Something he should have been doing constantly for the last few years so we don't even get near to this sort of situation. Are you completely deluded or are you just accept to watch he club in decline thanks to the inability of the chairman to stick to the rules. Honestly some fans baffle me. 

Some fans baffle me too m8,short sighted,we had a go at it,gambled didnt work,at least he had a pop and nearly did it,gave us some great times, and signed some quality players,so now get over it,sell a few rebuild go again,thats what most clubs do,is it not???some win some lose...You think Bruce would come here without any club ambition planned??would you have rather have MM or Allen still running us into oblivion????seriously some of our fans are baffle me..get behind him,stick together and go again......unbelievable Jeff....UTO FTB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s really frustrating DC saying he has got money to spend but we can’t spend it because of bloody FFP and revenue etc. He needs to get players sold and do it quickly so we can cheaply replace them this month. I would love us to bring some young premiership players in like that Harry Wilson at Derby, looks a top player. Loans are they way we have to go imo and hopefully once we have sold players and released as many as possible at the end of the season we can start again. 

From reading posts on this thread it seems the Statement has been a bit of an PR Own Goal.

Shame this has happened after Bruce appointment and Chelsea game coming up have taken edge of things lately.

Think we high ticket prices, multi year season tickets, record season ticket sales, record replica kit sales (according to the club anyway). I am not sure how much more you can expect to squeeze out of the average supporter. 

Similar clubs like Derby and Forest don't feel the need for these type of 1867 Schemes. 

Chansiri has asked us to trust him. I don't think he is a bad bloke but if scheme anything like last time then I don't trust I will see £1,000 plus of my money ever again.

2 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Some fans baffle me too m8,short sighted,we had a go at it,gambled didnt work,at least he had a pop and nearly did it,gave us some great times, and signed some quality players,so now get over it,sell a few rebuild go again,thats what most clubs do,is it not???some win some lose...You think Bruce would come here without any club ambition planned??would you have rather have MM or Allen still running us into oblivion????seriously some of our fans are baffle me..get behind him,stick together and go again......unbelievable Jeff....UTO FTB

Thats just it pal- he wont sell players!

And MM driving us into oblivion? DC has us in a lower league position now than when MM flogged the club. So flipping sick of fans lowering expectations by offering the false choice of one clueless owner over another. How about we expect an owner who actually knows what they are doing and runs the club in a professional manner? 

• Thanks 2