Chairman’s statement

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

This statement is the complete opposite end of the scale to his first!! His first said the club had a 3 year promotion plan and it would be done in the right way.

just to add, it was only 4/5 weeks ago that he says the fans contribute nothing towards th running of the club and the club would continue to run without us...now the begging bowl is out??

No one can fault DC for desire, effort and sheer loyalty to the cause but let’s be brutally honest...he’s made a mess of a lot of things hasn’t he?? 

I seem to remember something similar was reported as being said  

7 hours ago, shandypants said:

No fan really wants their club to sell their valuable assets but that is the way forward now in football. It pains me to say this but we needs to sell to balance the books and, if possible, bring in new players to develop and sell on. 

It’s the way football is now, IF like most clubs you are ran by imbeciles 

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

He's right though 

"There are far too many people at Sheffield Wednesday who think they are experts who are really no experts at all "

I suggest he stops fookin' employing them 

Chansiri’s statement rambled on for ages. Using 2000 words when 15 would have done........you have been rumbled as his ghost writer!!!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

So wasting £40,000 a week on macmanaman was to make the free agents signing Wallace play better, presumably all the other loans and players signed to never play was to make sure the team performed better. Well it does seem to have worked very well.

We have made mistake after mistake for 4 years in recruitment and you continue to come out with this stuff. I give up good luck to you. As under DC things are going to get a lot worse.

Here you go again, the highest paid player at the club is on £35k so I've no idea how McManaman got 40, do you get your info from The Sun? :tango:

I am happy to offer my actual expertise as an accountant 

Simple one

Don't employ a football manager that you then permit to allow expensive wasting assets to sit at home watching Cash in the Attic instead of playing 

I had to drive about 200 miles around the country yesterday seeing clients to earn the money to then potentially give to you for you to then give to Almen Adbi. Sorry not playing that game anymore

Run your business in an efficient, cost effective manner like I have to and then I just might assist. No one will bail out my mistakes in running a business so I ain't helping you 

Sounds to me that he’s putting all his eggs in brucies basket.  

Good thing is Bruce knows this league and will wheel and deal.  

Pretty sure Reach and POSs FF will be sold if the right money is offered.  

That should buy us time and get some good loan players in through his contacts.  

We’ll be rayt 

ive heard steve agnew say we keep our best players reach,bannan etc ,then bruce /agnew say we wanted a club to match our ambitions . well the above statement says that aint possible . if someone offers 15million for reach he has to go, then reinvest some or all of it ,clearly they wont be any fresh funds this summer ,maybe 2-3 loans or out of contract players ,yes we are losing 10 plus players in the summer most on silly money but we have over a 10 million shortfall in the accounts to avoid an embargo . 8 figures was quoted so 10 million is the lowest it can be. I can see bruce having face on before he even starts 

We need to change our mode of operating. We need to be somewhere between what we were doing and what other sides like Preston and United are doing. 

Simply going cap in hand to raise more funds externally might be ok for a short term fix of this situation. But if we end up right back in the mire again that’s his fault 

Just now, handworth52 said:

ive heard steve agnew say we keep our best players reach,bannan etc ,then bruce /agnew say we wanted a club to match our ambitions . well the above statement says that aint possible . if someone offers 15million for reach he has to go, then reinvest some or all of it ,clearly they wont be any fresh funds this summer ,maybe 2-3 loans or out of contract players ,yes we are losing 10 plus players in the summer most on silly money but we have over a 10 million shortfall in the accounts to avoid an embargo . 8 figures was quoted so 10 million is the lowest it can be. I can see bruce having face on before he even starts 

I keep seeing this "losing 10 players in the summer" yes their contracts are up but what if some actually want to stay?

So he makes this announcement in yet another late night statement full of contradictions only weeks after hiring a bloke on 2m quid contract that is still diving in the pool ...and chansiri tells us this....you couldnt make it up at this club.

Ive had enough of football seriously.

Edited by TaxiMark

My concern is that Bruce might not even come now in light of the above. Even if we release players in the summer it's a new financial tax year. The embargo will already be in place meaning we will lose players and not be able to sign anyone.

The fa seriously need to take a look at FFP

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

So he makes this announcement in yet another late night statement full of contradictions only weeks after hiring a bloke on 2m quid contract that is still diving in the pool ...and chansiri tells us this....you couldnt make it up at this club.

Ive had enough of football seriously.

You know for a fact its a £2m contract, have you seen it?