Chairman’s statement

He reminding fans he got plenty of money still but we not making enough revenue for him to spend specially this season the 3rd of p and s rule. Its a honest with little or no editing from the horses mouth long summation of answering most of what fans have been questioning about him. I like his honesty and up frontness on how he wants whats best for swfc and not wanting another money making venture. We are lucky to have him and eventually he will get it right but these things take time and 3 seasons is not long enough to build a club like us back to where we belong

13 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Maybe, just maybe hire a manager who can coach players and make the ones we have better.... Cardiff and Huddersfield  in recent years instantly spring to mind .

Just a thought ..

is it really that simple. why are they all the other clubs hiring and firing managers, managers are the real scapegoats in football

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Wait for it price increase the fans paying more for sub standard games and players and the chairman putting no money in because he can't because of FFP.

What I say to DC is simple there is a team in the same city as ours who have invested in youth and currently are not spending £10's millions a season in players and don't have £200,000 a week in salaries Sat in the stands not playing and they sit second in the league.

Before we get the hard luck story let's look at the cold hard facts for 4 years ridiculous amounts of money have been wasted on poor recruitment and continue to be, how much have we paid for Omomah to watch the games each week from the stands.

Stop blaming everyone else, the fans, the league, FFP, parachute payments the problem is simple the club continues to be run like a time bomb waiting to go off.

No advertising income, no shirt, stadium or stands sponsorship, no corporate income. But don't worry the fans can loan the club £2,000 each so we can sign more players on £40,000 a week to sit in the stands like hooper, abdi, hutch, westwood, van aken, Jones and the list goes on.

Stop finding excuse and simple do the following sack the whole marketing and advertising department go out and hire a qualified football experience marketing manager with the goal of increasing merchandise, advertising and sponsorship income. Go and get in a qualified director of football who has experience of English football as you should have done 4 years ago.

Then finally any players not in the first team plans such as abdi, jones, van aken and the rest loan or sell. When a good offer comes in for a player if we can replace and make money on the deal sell them to help FFP its not rocket science but each season we sink further and further into the sh it and there is only one reason the person who is causing the club to have no direction or control.

I was waiting for one of our none experts to come along, DC has a job offer on the table just for you !

21 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

It's a forum pal.

What do you want?

How about a discussion without slagging him off !! That is simple !! The complaint of not getting info from DC has been aired frequently. A statement like this answers questions about what his thoughts and feelings are about swfc  at this present time. DC should be commended by fans for this and encouraged to do this more. The moronic minority who find any reason to slate should keep quiet for once.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
4 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He can't win can he.

When's he closed and defensive he gets slated.

When he's open and tells it as it is he gets slated.

Our fans lol

Are just the same as other clubs.

Sell the ground and build a tuna packing factory on the site, with the promise of employing loads of Sheffielders and boosting the local economy; then ask Sheffield council to help with funding a new community stadium that we can use. 

Love how the chairman gets pulled up for ‘rambling’ ..... can make 100% more sense of his statement than I can of the football leagues tinpot scheme that is P&L !

7 hours ago, alanharper said:

So he's not selling the ground then. But "Club 1867 v2" is going to save us? 

Jesus wept holy mother of God.. here's me thinking he knows his stuff now if we arnt selling players / publicly transfer listing them in Jan then he must have something up his sleave.. he obviously dosnt.. and what's this 1867 stuff about?? I mean seriously though.. the fans adding extra income is going to amount to maybe a 1/2% alleviation of our problems.. it would be like theresa may sweetening the deal by telling the DUP they can each have a lollipop.. 

Edited by keepitsteel89

P&S was brought in to stop the trend of clubs in the football league going into administration which to a certain extent it has but in doing so particularly in the championship made it harder for clubs without parachute payments to compete.

It would seem at the moment Wednesday and Birmingham are struggling to keep the P&S wolf from the door? This time next year we may be looking at others? As has already been said the EFL rules look to be at the root of our problems?

Spunked million’s on poo through the cc era, without reading the small print, fatal error in this game, add the shambolic managerial and player recruitment, only leads one way, the guy is football novice, but he’s a multi million pound business man, where is the common sense, it’s been school boy stuff at primary level.

So in January 2016, with 50 points on the board he decided  to sign Rhodes for a £10m fee and gave him a £10m contract to avoid a relegation scrap....

Either he is an idiot or he thinks that the fans are idiots...

Edited by kobayashi
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

So wasting £40,000 a week on macmanaman was to make the free agents signing Wallace play better, presumably all the other loans and players signed to never play was to make sure the team performed better. Well it does seem to have worked very well.

We have made mistake after mistake for 4 years in recruitment and you continue to come out with this stuff. I give up good luck to you. As under DC things are going to get a lot worse.

You can’t possibly be a real person....... you must be a disturbed persons lunatic alter ego!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Chansiri in 2015:

"I have reviewed every aspect of the club in a bid to achieve the promotion we all desire and continue to do so on an everyday basis."

"In the bigger picture, if we are to achieve our ultimate aim of promotion, we must embark on this journey together."

"I can assure every single supporter that I will give everything it takes where possible to take Sheffield Wednesday back into the Premier League"

(https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/dejphon-chansiri-statement/)

He told BBC Radio Sheffield: "We want to be back for our anniversary."

Chansiri added: "We will do whatever is appropriate to invest in the club to get them to the Premier League."

(https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/31693775)

-----------------------------------

Chansiri in 2019:

"Many people have suggested that I invested the amount of money I did – and continue to do – in order to achieve promotion to the Premier League. But this is not correct. I invested these sums to stay in the Championship, to ensure we would have the best chance of avoiding relegation."

:Chansiri:

• Like 1

There's not much in statement we didn't already know. 

We all know wage bill needs reducing, a good clear out during summer and we go again, just need to sign younger hungry players not the one's looking for a final pay day before hanging up there boots.