Chairman’s statement

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

So wasting £40,000 a week on macmanaman was to make the free agents signing Wallace play better, presumably all the other loans and players signed to never play was to make sure the team performed better. Well it does seem to have worked very well.

We have made mistake after mistake for 4 years in recruitment and you continue to come out with this stuff. I give up good luck to you. As under DC things are going to get a lot worse.

Just stop with the £40,000 a week rubbish man.

23 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Don't know

And he cant play if he's injured can he,dont let the FACT that he's back at spurs spoil your point tho eh.

So when he was fit for the first few months of the season how much did he play. How much do you think each minute he has played has cost us. Conservatively we must be paying at least £10,000 a week he has started 3 games and made 8 sub appearance and so far cost us in the region of £200,000 do those facts make the point of yet more wasted money.:picnic:

38 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Stoke city this season are sponsored by bet365 a company owned by the Coates family a real company. They sponsor the stadium the bet365 stadium and the shirts and pay £8.9m a season for.

DC name is in the shirts, the stands, the advertising boards and in the last filed accounts he paid £1.2m for it £7.7m less than stoke get from a company own by the chairman and his family.

I know stoke are a former premiership team but every team promoted last season has £1m + shirt sponsorship deals, add a stadium sponsor, advertising revenue, stand sponsorship we should be bringing in £3-5m in the 4th most watch league in Europe so why are we not. No sponsors or simple bad management.

We could have had the extra income for the last 4 seasons that would now give us £10m more revenue. Where would we be now with this, well not under an embargo last season for one.

The club needs an overhall from top to bottom but as long as the fans keep getting asked to cover for the mismanagement nothing will change.

Just out of interest,which team from Wolves with Molyneux,Fulham with Craven cottage and Cardiff city with the cardiff city stadium had "stadium sponsorship",just so as i can be clear i got the names of the stadiums wrong.

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Just stop with the £40,000 a week rubbish man.

So fountain of knowledge how much was Mcmanaman on because every place I read said he was on £40,000 a week at West Brom and we covered his full wage. So what's the rubbish in that.????

I like Chansiri, I really do, he does mean well but he is not cut out for this.

There is no leadership and strength on show in that statement or at the recent forum. Far too much emotion shown in both and little indication of a proper plan or any business acumen. 

Id go for a pint with him but I would not leave him with my shop let alone a football club.

Guest Willow Owl
19 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The club owes Chansiri millions. 

My point is that Chansiri is not borrowing money from banks to subsidise the day to day running of the club or any player purchases. Its his money not like the Dave Richards era  and the Co op fiasco. 

Guest Willow Owl
17 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

The best will in the world is all well and good. Nice guy and all but I have about as much faith in him digging us out as I do the government governing.

I would much rather have a two hat running the club that knows what he's doing than a cracking bloke that doesn't. 

Does that go for the othe 10 or 12 other clubs that are are going to have issues with FFP. The main issue is the EFL not DC. 

Guest Willow Owl

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Does that go for the othe 10 or 12 other clubs that are are going to have issues with FFP. The main issue is the EFL not DC. 

Of course there are problems with the EFL as well. Everyone else has to worry about that though too don't they, even those with parachute money if they fail to get back up.

I have nothing against DC as a human being but you can't look at him and think 'what a chairman' simply for spending bucket loads of money. We need someone who understands football and the business or at least Chansiri to employee that person and let them crack on. 

Anyone suspect the EFL won’t be too pleased Chansiri has spoken out on this, there silence for me has made it fairly obvious they don’t wish it to be spoken about in the public eye 

Absolute load of nonsense the whole thing,  needs scrapping 

I'm just concerned that we get to summer, lose the 10 out of contract players with no means to replace them due to a full on embargo and Steve Bruce leaves as a result of being too restricted to carry out his job.

We then have no manager, half a squad and all optimism of moving forward is lost.

It would almost certainly result in a desperate campaign, ending with relegation to league 1.

I've said time and time again, if the EFL don't take their premier league tinted specs off and review the FFP/P&S rules soon, half the league will be in an embargo before you know it and I really don't know where football in this country can go from there.

The ultimate problem with P&S is that ironically, it is unsustainable, due to the influx of money in football now. It needs to be reviewed and amended almost on a yearly basis for it to work.

I know we've messed up, and we really have messed up many things, but we are trying to operate under rules which are not relative to that of the ones in the premier league. By all means, suffer the consequences of breaching fair and just regulations, but I find it a tad hypocritical that we are being punished for trying to compete in the league we are in when 3 teams a year get rewarded for failing in the one above.

The whole thing is depressing to be honest.

Edited by SupremeOwl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tashton said:

What's the chances this is to do with season ticket prices?.   Aren't they normally due to be announced February time

A new 1867 membership scheme launching, similar to the last one that didn't do tremendously well. 

Chansiri is basically pleading for support. If we put in more, he can put in more. 

Thats the jist. He's being straight up and honest. Can't knock him for that. He makes no financial gain from it. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Stoke city this season are sponsored by bet365 a company owned by the Coates family a real company. They sponsor the stadium the bet365 stadium and the shirts and pay £8.9m a season for.

DC name is in the shirts, the stands, the advertising boards and in the last filed accounts he paid £1.2m for it £7.7m less than stoke get from a company own by the chairman and his family.

I know stoke are a former premiership team but every team promoted last season has £1m + shirt sponsorship deals, add a stadium sponsor, advertising revenue, stand sponsorship we should be bringing in £3-5m in the 4th most watch league in Europe so why are we not. No sponsors or simple bad management.

We could have had the extra income for the last 4 seasons that would now give us £10m more revenue. Where would we be now with this, well not under an embargo last season for one.

The club needs an overhall from top to bottom but as long as the fans keep getting asked to cover for the mismanagement nothing will change.

Great, so we’re back to you comparing our sponsorship to those of premiership clubs. Remember all those fantastically shït examples you provided the last time we went through this? Do yourself a favour...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 03/12/2018 at 16:11, room0035 said:

This season, DC problem is he uses Companies that don't exist. if he used say Thia ffod group he could put a few million in with Shirt sponsorship alone.

Fulham Signed a 3 year deal with Dafabet £2m a season, Cardit while in the championship signed a £3m a season shirt deal with Air Maylasia (a company part owed by their chairman), Wolves signed a two year £15m a season shirt sponsorship deal with  W88

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/voices/in-depth/2018/06/15/wolves-new-shirt-sponsor-is-w88---but-who-are-they/

We should be getting more than a few hundred thousand for shirt sponsorship in the 4th most watch league in Europe.

On 03/12/2018 at 16:24, Sonny said:

But that Stoke deal was a six year deal signed in 2016. How do you propose we get ‘more savvy’ like Stoke when signing a peek deal is clearly not an option for us?

On 03/12/2018 at 16:26, Sonny said:

The Wolves link is for a deal they signed in the Prem. Different rules, different proposition. How do we emulate that deal?

On 03/12/2018 at 16:27, Sonny said:

The Fulham Dafabet was signed in the Prem too. So they are in the prem, signing a prem deal, under prem FFP rules. 

What are we messing about at here.

There we go - save us the bother of going through this shíte again.

Guest Bulgaria

In a nutshell.

Fans are going to have to help because he has spunked millions up the wall. If that's the case do we get to have say in who we buy and sell?

The line saying he didn't buy the club to make a profit is just ridiculous. I could understand that being the case if he had been a supporter since a child or came from Sheffield, but come on D.C we ain't that gullable.

Sell reach and FF, then start again.

Guest Bulgaria
4 hours ago, matt68owls said:

he keeps quiet and everybody slags him off, he releases a statement and people slag him off, not exactly sure what some people want from him.

It's a forum pal.

What do you want?

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

an example Stoke have spent over 40 million on players since relegation. Effectively they get a free shot at promotion without any penalties. How can we compete with that without going close or over the limits of 39 million. 

Maybe, just maybe hire a manager who can coach players and make the ones we have better.... Cardiff and Huddersfield  in recent years instantly spring to mind .

Just a thought ..

Guest Bulgaria
4 hours ago, SiJ said:

Do we have a press officer? 

That statement is just a ramble. 

It reads like a first draft. 

I am guessing it's been done that way to make us think D.C wrote it.

Maybe he did.