Chairman’s statement

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

Preparation for club 1867 my 2 plus player sales I reckon.

No mention of selling up though.

Never was any mention of selling up if you read the extract for the the fans forum rather than the press's twisted version of it.

11 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

It might be "how it is" doesn't mean its right, why should a club that in totally in good financial hands be forced to sell a player (Reach) who we got from virtually 'Boro's reserves and turned into a player that could fetch up to £15m when realistically we don't need the money - farcical.

Correct me if I am wrong but a club losing £20m a season is not in good financial hands is being mismanaged and money wasted everywhere.

1 minute ago, owls_wawaw said:

When does ffp reset so he can reinvest heavily again 

It's rolling over 3 years so it's dosn't reset is my understanding 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but a club losing £20m a season is not in good financial hands is being mismanaged and money wasted everywhere.

Its only £20m of his own money, he can write it off if he so wishes, we are totally debt free.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

Why did the club Twitter explicitly repeat it then? 

They repeated a Tweet from a journo which was misquoted, I heard with my own ears what DC said, it wasn't what what was reported and I haven't seen the for sale signs go up yet!!!

8 minutes ago, OwlinOldham said:

This part of your post isnt actually true though is it? Im pretty sure that Chansiri sponsors the shirts and the stands for as much as is possible without it being stopped for being unrealistic by the EFL. Wasnt it said that nobody else was willing to offer us anywhere near the amounts hes paying to do this? 

Im also pretty sure that he pays to advertise his "other companies" within the stadium ( D taxis and Elev8) as a means to bring in advertising revenue to the club. No doubt we are commercially weak in many parts, but not where your suggesting.

Truth is he cant win. If he took over and spent nowt hed be called out. Hes spent millions and its not worked out and now hes being called out. He knows he needs to sell players and its admirable in a way that he didnt want our best players sold off. If we can sell without going into relegation territory then so be it. Just know that all those thinking its footy manager and we can sell allthe deadwood are living in a dream land.

Would that be with his business with no employees and you wonder why the EFL are placing us in a transfer embargo.

There are people to advertise and sponsor just not at DC champions league prices. He is allowed to put in up to £5m a season he currently puts in not even half that.

People have their own opinion mine is he can do more but used FFP as an excuse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

Chansiri says fans money does nothing and is now practically begging for fans money

Every next thing he says contradicts the last thing he said.

Was a similar story at the fans forum. Backs Jos then sacks him 2 days later. Genuinely don’t see how anyone can trust this guy based on his record that he will safely see us through this. We need to pray Bruce can keep us afloat in this division for the next two years because otherwise the chairman’s mismanagement is going to send us to league 1. 

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Its only £20m of his own money, he can write it off if he so wishes, we are totally debt free.

So why does he record every penny in a loan account when he can convert the lot to equity and improve the club financial situation overnight. 

Simple because he honestly expects to get every single penny back.

2 minutes ago, LiamK2292 said:

Chansiri says fans money does nothing and is now practically begging for fans money

Every next thing he says contradicts the last thing he said.

I don't think he's the best at articulating a point, especially verbally.

I think in fairness what he was saying is "Gate Revenue" is a drop in the ocean compared to our running costs. Also, he's been very consistent in the message that this is not about money, it's about revenue.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Would that be with his business with no employees and you wonder why the EFL are placing us in a transfer embargo.

There are people to advertise and sponsor just not at DC champions league prices. He is allowed to put in up to £5m a season he currently puts in not even half that.

People have their own opinion mine is he can do more but used FFP as an excuse.

We were placed in an embargo due to our outgoings exceeding our income. The royal family could sponsor the shirts and the ground and everything else for all its worth and it would have been the same outcome. High wages and transfer fees with no sales its whats put us under an embargo, not the sponsorship deals.

As i said before, im pretty sure that hes come out and said that hes paying as much as he can by way of stand and shirt sponsorship. Ive no reason to believe that hed lie about that. If he could make more money by someone else doing it why wouldnt he? Makes no sense to spend your own cash does it? Doesnt matter if D taxis has 1 or 1000 staff, its a business and it pays SWFC for advertising rights. 

The only thing more DC can do is learn to play the finacial game better. He now knows selling players need to happen. Its likely a season and half too late. You may think he could do more, but realistically how can he when hes not allowed to spend his money due to the rules in place. You do realise if we go into an embargo or go bust he loses out too right?

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Sorry mate but think you have spent your time looking in a mirror writing your usual tripe.

Some people in here really are a complete embarrassment of our club, you know who I mean.

If you want to read tripe i suggest you review some of your posts mate, Also the reaction to them. Another 10 on your IQ and you could achieve the heady hights of being classed as a rubber plant. 

Despite the mistakes DC has made and he has made many. I believe he has done them with the best intentions. He has not borrowed any money from banks against the club and all the money spent has been his own. The club are debt free but are subject to FFP rules which does restrict what we can spend. The EFL needs to look at clubs like ours where the chairman can afford to spend millions without putting the club in any long term debt. It is only the fans that suffer for these restrictions. Maybe we can sue for restriction of trade (just a thought). 

As DC has stated, a number of clubs will be in our situation over the next 2 years so the EFL need to review the whole P&S fiasco as well as parachute payments. 

As an example Stoke have spent over 40 million on players since relegation. Effectively they get a free shot at promotion without any penalties. How can we compete with that without going close or over the limits of 39 million. 

If i am wrong with any of the above i stand corrected. 

Sounds like we don't really have a plan after all. I was expecting a ground sale announcement tbh. The Bruce appointment looks bizarre now as it's clear he's got feck all to spend. Maybe he wasn't interested but couldn't turn down the crazy salary DC was offering.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

And what has he done to try to achieve promotion sign 1 player for 3 transfer windows and bring in 2 loans one of which never plays.

where is the plan for promtion, where is the investment, yes I know it's sat in the stands watching the crap unfold with the rest of us.

sell Reach sell Bannan get £20m in,  release half the squad in the summer offload Rhodes,fletcher and Fessi none have done anything for 2 years and let's start again with a team of frees and kids. Where Stuart Gray when you need him.

Onomah is back at spurs receiving treatment on an injury that could keep him out till february.

• Thanks 1